Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Looks great! Do you have a plan for creating multiple (consistent) images per NPC?
Other than sex images, that is probably the greatest challenge (regarding image generation). In the future I'm hoping the community would come together so we have more material to work with. Stable Diffusion is extremely easy to use, but it takes so much time out of my day.

Good news is that I already have a growing library for the first character who I can't wait to write events for.

345678456345.PNG 1663244458_scale_9_steps_200_seed_1806904686983999505_upscaled_2_sharpened_1.png 54635345345.png

Last edited:

Erbosch

Jun 28, 2018
Looks great! Do you have a plan for creating multiple (consistent) images per NPC?
from the tiny bit of info i have shouldnt be a problem .. changing the prompts slightly for different renders while maintaining the same over all look of the npc. Now that anyone can "make" art * we just need a Ai generated game maker and some opensource text to voice.. and no reason to ask for changes from devs about their games

Reactions: Bananas1587

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
how do you get more essence? cause i cant seem to stay above the constant drain
You can get essence from the foraging profession (Raven is good at hunting and foraging), or after defeating an Unmade enemy (currently there are 3 of them).

I will adjust balancing based on the feedback you guys provide, but I want the player to have little healing available for several reasons. One of them is because I have events planned that only trigger when the MC has low health.

Edit: Scarlet potions will be an important piece of loot, I think.

Last edited:

Kokocho24

May 16, 2018
You can get essence from the foraging profession (Raven is good at hunting and foraging), or after defeating an Unmade enemy (currently there are 3 of them).

I will adjust balancing based on the feedback you guys provide, but I want the player to have little healing available for several reasons. One of them is because I have events planned that only trigger when the MC has low health.
yeah the drain is a little high right now it goes upwards of up to six sometimes and raven only forages 2 to 3 at most i made it to the end but then died the next day

Reactions: Earliestbird

Erbosch

Jun 28, 2018
and raven is the only NPC atm right? also we cant do professions ourselves? was only able to gather materials in the one area a few times then had to move on and have no idea how to get enough essence to buy anything from the vendor or stay alive long enough to make anything past the outpost with the constant drain... thanks for sharing. this cant wait to see more

Erbosch

Jun 28, 2018
not sure but i think relieving your lust lowers the drain thru encounters but still couldn't get enough mats to craft tools or essence to buy from vendor

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
and raven is the only NPC atm right? also we cant do professions ourselves? was only able to gather materials in the one area a few times then had to move on and have no idea how to get enough essence to buy anything from the vendor or stay alive long enough to make anything past the outpost with the constant drain... thanks for sharing. this cant wait to see more
Yep, it's only Raven for now. I already started genning pictures for the second character...

image.png

but I'm only just getting started with Raven's content so it's a while away.

I'd like to keep professions girl-exclusive, but I will 100% add more player events you can repeat to gather resources. There will be also buildings like the Smelter and the Pyre for getting more essence.

Thank you for your feedback <3

Reactions: Erbosch

Kokocho24

May 16, 2018
honestly i think you should be allowed to gather mats till you have 4 girls or at least help a girl with gather mats and itll give you a bonus or affection of some kind as youre spending time with them

cantwakeup111

Mar 3, 2018
Extremely appealing. The AI art is hauntingly beautiful and I really enjoy your writing so far.
There isn't a lot there right now so I don't have many things to comment on but I'm really looking forward to more.

It might be kind of early to ask and I would urge you to take your time in any case but do you have some kind of schedule for updates in mind (time-wise)?

Erbosch

Jun 28, 2018
i would more afraid of what else the Ai is learning besides art...also where is getting it info. Spent a few hours messing with Aiart..Ngl it was kinda scary what certian phrases brought up as a influence . But wish you the best of luck and cant wait for an update

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
Yep, it's only Raven for now. I already started genning pictures for the second character...

View attachment 2089340

but I'm only just getting started with Raven's content so it's a while away.

I'd like to keep professions girl-exclusive, but I will 100% add more player events you can repeat to gather resources. There will be also buildings like the Smelter and the Pyre for getting more essence.

Thank you for your feedback <3
How many main girls are you planning to add? As quality>quantity

Reactions: HandofSevens

dan9000

May 21, 2017

Edit: Scarlet potions will be an important piece of loot, I think.
i tryed the game 2 times, idk if the draining is too high or not being able to gather those resources yourself is the problem, first attemp i wasnt able to defeat the second enemy and i was just dying slowly, and in the second one bascily im stuck with the witch i think i dont remember that ask you for essence but not producing enough bascially a loop where i have to talk toher each day, btw in my second attemp by pressing coltrol to skip you can skip days by mistake and lose essece or health

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
umm do any one else see saves from Brothel King when trying to save? View attachment 2090083
Could you message me and send a picture showing this issue in more detail, maybe showing the “save” folder or how to reproduce this bug? I started coding by experimenting with BK / making mods for it, reverse engineering a lot of things, and some piece of code must’ve hid somewhere. :KEK:

Edit: Also if you click on the save pages (1, 2, 3, 4... etc) do the BK saves disappear?

Last edited:

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Name cannot be given?
It's one of those things I didnt have time to make.
Also I want the game to be reminiscent of fantasy novels rather than VNs, and the name of the character tends to be pre-determined even in CYOA books.

So far I'm thinking the best middle ground is to give the players a lot of options (waaaay more options than currently) to choose from. I kinda feel it would ruin the immersion if someone called themselves "xXx_PussyDestroyer_xXx".

This is merely my opinion, but in the end it's you guys who matter the most. So talk to me and I'll try to make the changes based on feedback to create the best possible experience for everyone.

• Sad
Reactions: DougTheC

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
i tryed the game 2 times, idk if the draining is too high or not being able to gather those resources yourself is the problem, first attemp i wasnt able to defeat the second enemy and i was just dying slowly, and in the second one bascily im stuck with the witch i think i dont remember that ask you for essence but not producing enough bascially a loop where i have to talk toher each day, btw in my second attemp by pressing coltrol to skip you can skip days by mistake and lose essece or health
... greatly increase the amount of essence gained.
... make enemies a little easier.
... try to fix the skip function (I've been having trouble figuring this out)

1665317840325.png

*Me writing a list of things to change ASAP*

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes