Denchik12312

Jun 23, 2019
Essence consumption rises every 9 days, sadness, how to survive?
and how to get resources if raven always foraging

mrblock

Jul 2, 2017
Could you message me and send a picture showing this issue in more detail, maybe showing the “save” folder or how to reproduce this bug? I started coding by experimenting with BK / making mods for it, reverse engineering a lot of things, and some piece of code must’ve hid somewhere. :KEK:

Edit: Also if you click on the save pages (1, 2, 3, 4... etc) do the BK saves disappear?
Dose this site evan have a PM funktion? or do you want me PM you on discord? And I don't know if i can take a beter picture than the one i posted on my first message. I think the problem is that renpy seams to have a funktion that let one load saves from different versions of the same games. Because i can se saves from this game when playing BK too but the saves are not in the same folders.

Reactions: Earliestbird

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Dose this site evan have a PM funktion? or do you want me PM you on discord? And I don't know if i can take a beter picture than the one i posted on my first message. I think the problem is that renpy seams to have a funktion that let one load saves from different versions of the same games. Because i can se saves from this game when playing BK too but the saves are not in the same folders.
I think I found the issue, thank you for bringing it to my attention. Should be fixed in the next update (that I'll try to release in the coming days, mostly containing balance changes and bug fixes)

wmna1984

May 10, 2022
Very intriguing start, my big question here is, where do I get sap? And is there a logic to how much essence you lose per day? I was mostly just losing 1 or 2 a day but now I'm losing 4 and I think I'm heading into a game over.

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Very intriguing start, my big question here is, where do I get sap? And is there a logic to how much essence you lose per day? I was mostly just losing 1 or 2 a day but now I'm losing 4 and I think I'm heading into a game over.
Sap is the rare resource from Woodcutting.

Essence drain is 1-2, this base value doubling every 10 days, but I honestly didn't think there would be enough content for people to play much longer than that :KEK:

I'm going to fix this oversight on my part. Essence should be significantly easier to gain in the coming update.

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Small update is ready! I apologize for the unreasonably harsh essence upkeep, hopefully the changes will help.

When playing a new update I recommend starting a new game to avoid possible issues.

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
DOWNLOAD
Win
: - - - WORKUPLOAD - MEGA -
since this is a renpy game, why not linux too?
it adds 2 kilobytes of size to the release to make it a win-linux hybrid release and renpy does it all for you if you allow it.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Essence drain is 1-2, this base value doubling every 10 days, but I honestly didn't think there would be enough content for people to play much longer than that :KEK:
The progressive draining makes it rapidly become insane.
And you need to grind for a while at some of the locations.
The harvest location takes 3 days to go through. The birds require a skill check of 25. each failure gives you +2 skill points. I had to grind that one down for like a week to get through it.

I ended up dying to essence starvation. I probably wouldn't have if there were respawning simple enemies to farm for essence and the essence cost daily wasn't doubling daily. I also kept on rolling high on essence loss. Statistically, this will happen to someone. So I would advise making daily maintenance cost not be random.

BTW if you click ctrl during combat, it skips your turn but not the enemy. so they just near instantly kill you via a barrage of attacks.

Reactions: Bananas1587

NGStaph

Mar 31, 2021
playing on linux, have to rename executable to game from 'Brothel-King'. Also, how do i go 'back' from character/build/inventory screens?

Reactions: Bananas1587

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
I'm really interested already (didn't download yet), but if since you're touching up the pictures anyway, I might as well say this...

Those nipples look too red. Like, "holy shit, that infection looks really bad, we need to get you to a hospital" -too red. Compare them to her lips, for example.

Reactions: mrttao

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
playing on linux, have to rename executable to game from 'Brothel-King'. Also, how do i go 'back' from character/build/inventory screens?
I know absolutely nothing about linux, I'm very sorry. I used windows my whole life so that's the only platform I can test and develop the game for, which is why I tagged the OS as "Windows" instead of "PC".

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
The progressive draining makes it rapidly become insane.
And you need to grind for a while at some of the locations.
The harvest location takes 3 days to go through. The birds require a skill check of 25. each failure gives you +2 skill points. I had to grind that one down for like a week to get through it.

I ended up dying to essence starvation. I probably wouldn't have if there were respawning simple enemies to farm for essence and the essence cost daily wasn't doubling daily. I also kept on rolling high on essence loss. Statistically, this will happen to someone. So I would advise making daily maintenance cost not be random.

BTW if you click ctrl during combat, it skips your turn but not the enemy. so they just near instantly kill you via a barrage of attacks.
Added to the notes, thank you for the feedback!

Essence gain should be a lot better in the new patch I released yesterday (v 0.1.1).

About locations like resource harvesting and skill-checks: my intention is not to make players grind, but rather to have locations where the player can return to later in the game. I'd like it to be possible for the player to have enough skills to instantly complete a skill-check, but not every build should be able to do so right away.
For example, players with high Magnetic will often have trouble sneaking past enemies, but may be rewarded in other situations.

Of course, right now this doesn't work because there's too little content in the game, but I just wanted to clarify the design philosophy.

Pirata

Jun 11, 2017
As of now the game is broken, game over is inevitable since you cant harvest resources fast enough. Looking forward to some updates so I can try this again later some time

Reactions: mrttao

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
As of now the game is broken, game over is inevitable since you cant harvest resources fast enough. Looking forward to some updates so I can try this again later some time
Thank you, I am humbled my little game caught your interest.

May I ask which game version you played? When I realized how bad the v0.1 situation was, I quickly made some balance changes yesterday and released a newer version.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Essence gain should be a lot better in the new patch I released yesterday (v 0.1.1).
I was playing v0.1.1
getting 10 essence for a costly victory is not very helpful when you are losing 4 essence a day.

I should also note that I went all in on harvesting hemp and I still was never able to get enough hemp to build the fire.
actually I was unable to get enough resources to build anything.

When I finally died from essence exhaustion I had only 2 spots remaining:
1. the merchant who sells stuff for 15/15/100 essence
2. the wolf thing that competes with you for something that calls to you. (back row, second from the left)

I was at 4 HP, not from combat losses. but from essence losses. also just finishing day 18.

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes