AM97

Oct 9, 2017
Think there's another little issue. I have 44 essence but I can't buy the 30 essence item

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Think there's another little issue. I have 44 essence but I can't buy the 30 essence item
Yep the other bug. There are two known bugs this patch: the 3rd question at the portal, and the 30 cost trader item still having it's old price (which is 50 essence). Both will be fixed next patch.

Reactions: AM97

gunzen

Oct 23, 2017
Hmm well, it is stated from the beginning, essence is the most important thing in this fantasy world.

If players are smart enough to pick up on that, they will prioritize buildings that collect or produce essence.

As for collecting resources, several NPCs will be doing that for the player.
So player only has to explore the map.

After establishing your essence producers, there is no grind, except for stats.

At this point in time, my best numbers for essence collected was 200 ++ in my inventory...
And it's only update #2?
There are no building upgrades yet, and the resources will be collected by NPCs.
Plus NPC skills will most likely have progression on skills used, making them more efficient.

What grind?

The disastrous thing for this game is saves incompatibility, because people will have to replay the game again from the start.
Some paying people will not like that.
Wicked rouge developer solved that by providing a compatible full save of previous game to current update.
Until your UI is stable, just keep doing that.

Last edited:

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Hmm well, it is stated from the beginning, essence is the most important thing in this fantasy world.

If players are smart enough to pick up on that, they will prioritize buildings that collect or produce essence.

As for collecting resources, several NPCs will be doing that for the player.
So player only has to explore the map.

After establishing your essence producers, there is no grind, except for stats.

At this point in time, my best numbers for essence collected was 200 ++ in my inventory...
And it's only update #2?
There are no building upgrades yet, and the resources will be collected by NPCs.
Plus NPC skills will most likely have progression on skills used, making them more efficient.

What grind?

The disastrous thing for this game is saves incompatibility, because people will have to replay the game again from the start.
Some paying people will not like that.
Wicked rouge developer solved that by providing a compatible full save of previous game to current update.
Until your UI is stable, just keep doing that.
It would certainly be nice to have save compatibility, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's "disastrous". Right now this is an extremely early stage of a hobby project from a single person, currently without any funding. So it's completely fine if people don't return for every update - try the game out, maybe get involved with the community, then check back a year later for another session.

(Also this is just me, but I could never in my life continue a save that I left off. I always have to start a new run no matter what I play, even in long story-driven rpgs :KEK: )

gunzen

Oct 23, 2017
2 more npcs next update? kinda feel hamstrung unable to collect some resources simultaneously.

yeeterboy2

Feb 19, 2020
Games been alright so far, although its unclear where the current build ends. I'm not sure if I got all content so far, but I played until I had progressed to 30 in the city exploration thing and just kind of assumed this build ends here due to the endless repetition of the same fights. Not sure? Could be I missed something, but for games that are still in developement I would like to see a message that says "End of current build" or "in developement" etc.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I feel like there is a distinct lack of any action happening on screen in the sex scenes. I know that since the art is AI generated it's difficult to see any actual suckin' and fuckin' happening due to AI being funky when there are multiple actors in a detailed scene. If this continues though I feel like the games jerkoffability suffers immensely as it would kind of just be text based with sexy portraits as a little helper for your imagination - not the kind of game I really would like to see be made from the vast possibilities of AI art. How to fix this? I don't know. I have no experience with actually trying to make AI art, BUT I have seen succesful AI creations of lewd scenes, dick and all. Could also be that this is just the style the Dev is going for, in which case there isn't really anything to fix, it just isn't my cup of tea.

theres-a-cool-bug-upstairs.gif
BUGS:
Nothing too major, except for the one already discussed earlier in the thread (italics issue causing crash)

Heart Hold amulet from merchant early on is actually 50 essence, unlike the 30 the game suggests. Already mentioned

Items that give health when equipped do so even when the equipping fails due to the slot already being taken. You can abuse this to gain infinite healing from Heart Hold or to kill yourself (why?) with the Stinger. (I feel like a simple fix here would be to make the items instead give +20 and -10 MAX hp instead of healing you for the amount.)

Anyway, thanks for making this Dev and I wish you all the best for the future.

unholy baker

Apr 25, 2018
No one asked. But you try to please normies so much that it's look like a parody on generic-harem boring game №9999. And the fact that pictures are made with AI make all even funnier. Truly, we live in postmodernism society.
Perhaps the author is not a fan of NTR and wants to make it clear? It's a very divisive topic. About the assets, consider that most other games use either customized stock assets, or assets produced by Illusion games, or similar generators. This is not a valid objection, unless you also object to them.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
a place where humans are not expected to survive for long
I don't see a monster-girl tag, so like what are the "female" characters in concept? Are they like giant women/phantasmal female entities or what? The premise implies that there's more to them in the case of the protagonist facing peril just existing but no tags indicate what the others are.

No one asked. But you try to please normies so much that it's look like a parody on generic-harem boring game №9999. And the fact that pictures are made with AI make all even funnier. Truly, we live in postmodernism society.
Heaven forbid the dev outline what they won't be adding to preclude people like you nagging them to add their personal favorite fetish into the game like so many devs have to put up with, and shutting down the bitching in advance... except for people like you who can't help but bitch when you get told "No." (PS I don't even hate NTR, so cool your shit in advance).

I appreciate when devs set unequivocal, clear boundaries of what they will put in or out to save people from getting vested in a project and devs adding more fetishes out of the blue causing drama (see Breeding Season, LUL).

Last edited:

randos belgados

Jan 11, 2019
text-based means i had to imagine all those scenes & vids inside my head instead of watching how those great arts are visualized. im just sadge cant see all of those kinks with my own eyes. ill skip this, but GL dev!

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
I've encountered a problem: each time I try to load the game a grey Ren'Py error screen shows with-

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label s7_event1 is defined twice, at File "game/_adventure events.rpy", line 4609:
label s7_event1: ## Bridge of Worlds - returning to the oracle - guarded by enemy OR need resources
and File "game/_adventure events.rpy", line 4642:
label s7_event1: ## Bridge of Worlds - returning to the oracle - guarded by enemy OR need resources

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Sat Dec 10 19:21:22 2022

This is also in the error txt file in the folder with the exe. Reload does nothing. So currently the game is unplayable for me.

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
I've encountered a problem: each time I try to load the game a grey Ren'Py error screen shows with-

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label s7_event1 is defined twice, at File "game/_adventure events.rpy", line 4609:
and File "game/_adventure events.rpy", line 4642:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Sat Dec 10 19:21:22 2022

This is also in the error txt file in the folder with the exe. Reload does nothing. So currently the game is unplayable for me.
I beleive this "defined twice" error shows up if you have 2 different versions of the game on your PC. I'm not sure how to fix it on my end, but I left a note at the download section for returning players to delete the older game version. Hopefully that should fix it.

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
I beleive this "defined twice" error shows up if you have 2 different versions of the game on your PC. I'm not sure how to fix it on my end, but I left a note at the download section for returning players to delete the older game version. Hopefully that should fix it.
That doesn't make sense because I've never played this before, So how would I have two different versions of it? The only way i'd have two different versions of it is if there are two versions of it in the folder that gets extracted from the Mega Download link.

Reactions: Earliestbird

Tapete

Jun 7, 2020
I can't ask the lady with the cloudy face about a purpose. In the first Gateway. It is the first time I play this game.

While processing text tag {/i} in u'"For now, just know that you are {i}needed{/i}. Not just for the world itself, but more importantly, for the {/i}people{/i} in that world that you\'ll come to know."'.:
File "game/_adventure events.rpy", line 1273, in script
oracle_text "For now, just know that you are {i}needed{/i}. Not just for the world itself, but more importantly, for the {/i}people{/i} in that world that you'll come to know."
File "game/_adventure events.rpy", line 1273, in script
oracle_text "For now, just know that you are {i}needed{/i}. Not just for the world itself, but more importantly, for the {/i}people{/i} in that world that you'll come to know."
File "renpy/common/00nvl_mode.rpy", line 381, in do_display
**display_args)
Exception: u'/i' closes a text tag that isn't open.

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
That doesn't make sense because I've never played this before, So how would I have two different versions of it? The only way i'd have two different versions of it is if there are two versions of it in the folder that gets extracted from the Mega Download link.
Oh I thought it was something different, my bad. I just updated the game, delete the previous one and see if it works now.

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
One thing I noticed that is irritating: once ye equip things, ye can't unequip them & because of this it means ye aren't able to change your currently equipped items for others that ye might want to put on your character. I noticed it has an "X" next to each equipped item, but it does nothing when ye click on it (is this supposed to allow ye to unequip things?).

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
One thing I noticed that is irritating: once ye equip things, ye can't unequip them & because of this it means ye aren't able to change your currently equipped items for others that ye might want to put on your character. I noticed it has an "X" next to each equipped item, but it does nothing when ye click on it (is this supposed to allow ye to unequip things?).
That's because of the fusing mechanic. If you hover over the rightmost number on each item, the tooltip will tell you that you won't be able to unequip the item for the specified amount of days.

This fusing mechanic exists for two reasons; it gives more weight to item choice, rewarding players who think a few days ahead, plus it allows items like Heart-Hold to exist that do something on equip. It also makes perfect sense from a lore perspective, providing a greater sense that reality is somewhat unstable.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ManifestDream
4.10 star(s) 36 Votes