Azerin

Dec 28, 2018
I assume the "dark, foreboding part of the forest" in the final row of adventure events is some kind of hidden stat check. If so, anyone know what the requirement is? I tried with visionary 100+, stoic 90+ and everything else 60+ but no luck.
edit: Nevermind, this location seems tied to a request from another area to progress in it rather than a stat check.

Last edited:

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
I like this game , but the constant having to re-start is annoying, maybe the DEV needs to stop changing old things and work on new things as if He/She wants a following as a Dev of games it is a must that previous saves work

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
About Breeding / Pregnancy: The game leans heavily into the breeding fetish, but it's important to mention that pregnancy works differently in this fantasy universe. (Pregnant women grow special essence that is released when giving birth, fusing with an already existing spirit somewhere in the world and giving them a body. Pregnancy duration is much shorter than 9 months).
Ok I'm subbing.

You beautiful bastard. Smart/facisnating way to do pregnancy.

AlexFenec

Nov 20, 2022
New update!

This is my third start. I am worried I will lose interest before finishing the content I have already seen. My first start was nice, I got to explore the game and learn the systems in place. The second start was nice at the beginning, I got to use my knowledge to go trough the content quickly and make a powerful combat build, but I lost interest after reaching Melrose when I got another set of cooldowns to manage. This time I know I can spend less efforts on camp management and be fine. Reading trough the changelog I am worried the new combat system won't be as engaging as the previous one. Lets dive in! I am writing this post as I play.

I'm not a fan of how the first thing you see is a class selection screen with stats you have no idea about if you are a new player. The old intro did a better job introducing the game as a text-based story, I fear getting dropped in front of stats then having to go trough walls of text before you use these stats will lose new players.

I'm not a fan of the new combat so far. Phys is the only reliable way to deal damage. The non-Phys ways to deal damage cost Energy which takes time to recharge and Defend is not enough to prevent the enemy from dealing damage to you; the best way to prevent damage is to end the fight early. This leads to Phys + Cleave being extremely good, since it deals 3x the damage of the next best damage source while also activating Exposure. The cost of the first Cleave is that it hits the Armor, but the second and third Cleave just do ridiculous amounts of damage. I took the Mercenray start with Cleave and Rhythm of War, using Cleave on turns 1 and 4 to ends most fights. As I got stat boosts and items fights became very easy: with 8 Phys and 4 Char you can finish any fight in New and Old Rozan with 2 Cleaves, and if you don't have enough Char taking Clear Mind works too.
I think the last combat system was more interesting. Phys increased your damage with the defensive Strike and burst with Cleave; Arca increased your damage with Warp and Detonate while being defensive with its debuff and Shield. The potency of the debuff and defense of Strike did not depend on stats, letting you use them even with weak stats if the situation called for it. It turned the combats into puzzles to solve, I liked that.
With the new system the player does not have the all the abilities so the puzzle cannot be designed with abilities in mind. In my (limited) experience all the fights were solved by Cleaving twice. Blocking was optional, to save some HP while waiting for the energy for the second Cleave, and no other ability matched Cleave. Even without using Cleave I can't see a build that benefits more from Char and Fort than Phys, ending the fight early by doing more damage seems like the best way to deal with the opponents. The creatures in Old Rozan seemed more aggressive than earlier creatures, but not tougher, making Cleave even better against them.

While rampaging trough these locations I got enough equipment to get large amounts of Armor, making the defensive abilities not required.

I reached the Portal on day 35. I'll stop there, because I went for the not-working perks for Raven and gathering the resources for the portal will take a while.

The new Card art is nice. I've not planted many bodies this run because I was rushing towards Melrose, but I clearly remember White Vixen being lower quality than now, it's a subtle improvement.

There are two Passives that refer to Shields, but they are available from the start while only 1 of 6 classes has access to Shields before reaching Old Rozan.

Cleave could be nerfed by 50% and would still do more damage than other options.
Piercing Strike is not a good effect, you will need to get trough the armor anyways to deal the rest of the damage to win.
I suggest changing the effect of Piercing Strike to a Bleed effect dealing Char damage per turn until the end of the combat, with no duration but limited to once per part. This would give a way to deal damage while focusing on Defend and stalling abilities.
Idea: a Passive that makes Defend return damage to the attacking part equal to half its original attack value.

It's getting late. I'm getting too tired to make a proper conclusion.
Good luck with the game, I hope my feedback is constructive and helps make the game better.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Hmmm, can you make it so we can change the passives on the companions by paying the price again?

Last edited:
Reactions: Muityek

VikingCock

Dec 29, 2020
the essence mechanic is broken no fun just lose health daily cant collect enoughwood to buy it fruitless circle.

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Had a go at porting Of Devotion and Despondence v0.2.1 to Android.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: -

Reactions: Attal

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I tried this out and, while there isn't all that much there yet in terms of H scenes, I thought the game very well-designed and fun. Decisions were clear with known tradeoffs, the UI looks great, characters are distinctive, and the story is interesting but still a bit mysterious.

Well-done and well worth playing.

Th3R3ign

Jan 2, 2019
New update!

This is my third start. I am worried I will lose interest before finishing the content I have already seen. My first start was nice, I got to explore the game and learn the systems in place. The second start was nice at the beginning, I got to use my knowledge to go trough the content quickly and make a powerful combat build, but I lost interest after reaching Melrose when I got another set of cooldowns to manage. This time I know I can spend less efforts on camp management and be fine. Reading trough the changelog I am worried the new combat system won't be as engaging as the previous one. Lets dive in! I am writing this post as I play.

I'm not a fan of how the first thing you see is a class selection screen with stats you have no idea about if you are a new player. The old intro did a better job introducing the game as a text-based story, I fear getting dropped in front of stats then having to go trough walls of text before you use these stats will lose new players.

I'm not a fan of the new combat so far. Phys is the only reliable way to deal damage. The non-Phys ways to deal damage cost Energy which takes time to recharge and Defend is not enough to prevent the enemy from dealing damage to you; the best way to prevent damage is to end the fight early. This leads to Phys + Cleave being extremely good, since it deals 3x the damage of the next best damage source while also activating Exposure. The cost of the first Cleave is that it hits the Armor, but the second and third Cleave just do ridiculous amounts of damage. I took the Mercenray start with Cleave and Rhythm of War, using Cleave on turns 1 and 4 to ends most fights. As I got stat boosts and items fights became very easy: with 8 Phys and 4 Char you can finish any fight in New and Old Rozan with 2 Cleaves, and if you don't have enough Char taking Clear Mind works too.
I think the last combat system was more interesting. Phys increased your damage with the defensive Strike and burst with Cleave; Arca increased your damage with Warp and Detonate while being defensive with its debuff and Shield. The potency of the debuff and defense of Strike did not depend on stats, letting you use them even with weak stats if the situation called for it. It turned the combats into puzzles to solve, I liked that.
With the new system the player does not have the all the abilities so the puzzle cannot be designed with abilities in mind. In my (limited) experience all the fights were solved by Cleaving twice. Blocking was optional, to save some HP while waiting for the energy for the second Cleave, and no other ability matched Cleave. Even without using Cleave I can't see a build that benefits more from Char and Fort than Phys, ending the fight early by doing more damage seems like the best way to deal with the opponents. The creatures in Old Rozan seemed more aggressive than earlier creatures, but not tougher, making Cleave even better against them.

While rampaging trough these locations I got enough equipment to get large amounts of Armor, making the defensive abilities not required.

I reached the Portal on day 35. I'll stop there, because I went for the not-working perks for Raven and gathering the resources for the portal will take a while.

The new Card art is nice. I've not planted many bodies this run because I was rushing towards Melrose, but I clearly remember White Vixen being lower quality than now, it's a subtle improvement.

There are two Passives that refer to Shields, but they are available from the start while only 1 of 6 classes has access to Shields before reaching Old Rozan.

Cleave could be nerfed by 50% and would still do more damage than other options.
Piercing Strike is not a good effect, you will need to get trough the armor anyways to deal the rest of the damage to win.
I suggest changing the effect of Piercing Strike to a Bleed effect dealing Char damage per turn until the end of the combat, with no duration but limited to once per part. This would give a way to deal damage while focusing on Defend and stalling abilities.
Idea: a Passive that makes Defend return damage to the attacking part equal to half its original attack value.

It's getting late. I'm getting too tired to make a proper conclusion.
Good luck with the game, I hope my feedback is constructive and helps make the game better.
Yeah, I completely agree with everything you said about the combat, the previous system was much more strategic and engaging while now, all you have to do is pump some Phys and cleave your way through every enemy, it's much less engaging and simplified compared to before

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Yeah, I completely agree with everything you said about the combat, the previous system was much more strategic and engaging while now, all you have to do is pump some Phys and cleave your way through every enemy, it's much less engaging and simplified compared to before
Thank you, feedback is vital - balance will be adjusted over the coming updates.

Reactions: Mr.Hide

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I haven't played the old version of combat system, but I agree that the Phy build is way overpowered and the combat system in general lacks variety. There aren't any mage spells and a fort based build just seems suboptimal. Also, the energy system itself is a bit flawed because some classes don't even have Cha to get 1 energy. They can't do anything until they find Cha items or events that give Cha. Plus, all classes basically share the same combat skills and passives, so in the end, they all end up the same.

I also think it would be interesting to have different effects based on which body part you attack, but that would probably require a new system like dodge/hit rate/crit and status effects. If something like that was added, a rogue class could be made to capitalize on those systems.

Lastly, this isn't combat related, but a game like this could really benefit from letting the players determine their characters disposition and personality to some extent. Right now, we have no way to influnce what kind of person the MC is in any way.

These are all points that could lead to a more enjoyable and unique experience for the players, but the current game is still quite fun to play. You did a great job so far.

Reactions: lilpixxle

hitmebaby

Apr 22, 2022
it is practically impossible to have magnetism 0 and impish 20 to sneak past the guardian of the portal.

Mr.Hide

Oct 23, 2018
the essence mechanic is broken no fun just lose health daily cant collect enoughwood to buy it fruitless circle.
It's quite hard in the early base building.
But when you level companion enough and gain 3 companions.
It's quite to spend all of them. (Also quite hard to gain one of the image with needs 0 essense)

Mr.Hide

Oct 23, 2018
Thank you, feedback is vital - balance will be adjusted over the coming updates.
Hello, Is the game has a status reset item (Keeping all of the statuses without penalty but must pay a lot of essences)
Because I want to unlock the one needs two combine > 4 combine.

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes