AlexFenec

Nov 20, 2022
Yay, new update! Lets dig in.

I'm starting with the Arcanist +CHAR, I'll try a CHAR/FORT build.
I'm still taking the spear though, to help early.

The new Rending Strike seems underwhelming at first. With 2 PHYS and 4 CHA I deal 9 damage with a basic attack and 12 over 3 turns for 1 energy. CHA also gives Energy, but Rending Strike does not seems to stack on a single part and it's wasteful to use it on multiple parts because it gets mitigated by armor.
Small bug with Rending Strike: it does not end the combat after reducing the opponent below 0 hp, you need to strike them once more.
The Combat Talent screen has a wrong information: there are more than 4 Active Talent points in the game.

The combat was rough until New Rozan. Once I got a High Noble Blade and a 4th Active Talent point I started using Dazzling Display and completely negated the damage of the current enemies for 4 turns, the current turn and the next 3. Rending Strike does better damage now, but still not enough to win without using PHYS-based damage.
I did not try Cleave. It's probably still good.

I got a chance to test the bred Aspects carrying from my previous attempt. Most of the cards I unlocked increased max HP, which did me no good because I was low on life at that point, but I did get two Cards that increased my combat abilities significantly and some more shield, that made the combats much easier.

I got to Melrose's portal a bit later than in my last playtrough and completed it by day 42. It might be possible to complete it before day 40 and have Mel participate in the second Skirmish? I would need to stop spending resources on resident abilities to have the materials on hand when you reach the portal.
At this point my main challenge is resource management and optimizing resident abilities.
Skirmishes are easy because I rushed getting residents and active abilities and I have been doing a good job managing resources to boost them so far.
Combat is easy, I have lots of combat stats from equipments and the enemies didn't get much stronger. It has been a while since I lost hp in combat. With 12 CHAR, for most enemies Dazzling Display is preventing all but Crit damage. For the ones that have a single large Attack I have Parry and lots of energy to use it, but I also have enough armor and shield to attack recklessly and win with only basic attacks. Rending Strike does almost twice as much damage as a basic attack, but with Dazzling Display the enemies are week enough that I could still win without using Rending Strike. Rending Strike would deal less damage than a basic attack if I had invested my points in PHYS instead, I still find Rending Strike underwhelming.
Stat checks are usually easy, I got Dalena's +2/day early and got a few stat boosts from Cards and equipments.
Aspects are not a challenge, most of the challenging ones I already had from my previous attempt (Obsession, Unity, Necessity). I bred the last easy ones and I'm now waiting for the grindy ones like 100 stats or 30 Unmade killed.

I got the last new event with Mel on day 67. I fought the wyrwolf and fish and reached the boat, I think I can stop. I'll stop saving my progress and managing resources to try and breed the remaining Aspects.

Day 130, the Aspect of War is progressing slowly. Only one of the two enemies in Old Rozan counts as an Unmade so this is taking a while. The Skirmishes seem to scale quite slowly. Between Dalena's +2/day, Raven's +3/day, and some Cards I think I am passively scaling faster than it.

Day 148, War achieved! I'll continue to get Deception and Glory, but at this point I'm not really playing the game. There is not enough content in the game to breed the Aspect of War during normal gameplay, and by extension Subterfuge. Glory could be achieved if you start as the Mercenary and take your time, reaching day 100, but I think most people getting it will be like me, playing longer just to get it. This is not necessarily a bad thing.

Anyway, I'm done for now. I have bred all Aspects, I'll see what difference it makes in the next version.

Here are some other feedback:
Bug/Typo: The traveling Merchant sells Red Lock of Hair with an outdated description.

Passive idea: Stagger: When you reduce a part armor to 0, block its attack (as if Parry was used). The goal is to give some more defensive options as well as some compensation for breaking more than one part of armor.

Event Idea: make the Harvesting Events repeatable with a skill check after running out of actions. Every time you complete it the skill check becomes harder, but every day since your last completion makes it easier. The goal is to make the player's stats more useful for resource management, currently they are mostly used for fixed events and Skirmish and they don't feel important.

Event idea: a repeatable sparring/meditation session with Dalena which refunds your Active/Passive talent points, preferably somewhere in the middle of the existing content.

Reactions: Earliestbird

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
I haven't finished going through all the content yet but here's some thoughts so far.

This was well written and interesting, but somewhat hampered on the visual side of things due to the way the images are made so most things just boil down to a picture of a girl, then maybe the same image with some cum on it being the sum total of what you get for a scene, but they do look nice at least.

A mark of something actually being engaging and well read is me reading every line, rather than my eyes glazing over and my finger being drawn to the ctrl button, this passes that test. Though maybe it's just because I like the rougher end of things, but I didn't find it erotic really, which is a shame for something that's well written and you'd kind of think that some sorta pervy hellscape filled with deformed monstrosities would be the perfect setting for some utterly depraved kinkiness.

There were a lot of interesting touches, like how everything's different during the MC's depressed day, which I presume will be a greater aspect the longer he remains in that world and is the despondence bit.

Needs a better explanation of some stuff...
How the eff does shield work? - I took Arcane Training at the start but it never gives shield, later on though I was getting shield from items.
Why can't I unequip weapons/armour or equip new things freely? - only later on when it gets an 'x' by it can you do so but at first it seems like you're stuck with no explanation - as a mechanic it's mega jank, should be able to swap things freely in town and just click an equipped item to unequip. This also makes the whole having to take off all your items for the witch thing more annoying. Also, I got a shield at one point but seems like that counts as any other weapon and there's no 1hnd/2hnd weapon considerations, which seems off.
Small thing but talent points are just after specific encounters, right? So is there any reason to fight the women guarding the gate rather than sneaking past?

Blocking rollback is annoying, likewise having right click only occasionally function - which I'd instinctively do if I wanted to save in a renpy game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Armour up seems poor, shouldn't it restore the initial 3x fort to armour you get rather than a measly 1x - seems overall worse than just attacking for something that uses energy.

Shield bash says "disable enemy actions for this body part" but it doesn't seem to block them applying armour, the text doesn't indicate it only stops damaging actions.

Minor thing but I'd rather a shorter cooldown on breeding Pantheon members is a bit much considering how many of them there are and it's more about meeting the requirements - which are sometimes a little finicky. Also 10 days for the temple could be toned down a little, and if you repeatedly do the first one to impregnate more priestesses you don't get any new cards out of it, and it'd be nice if there was a tracker on the map to indicate when enough days have passed to go back too, rather than just saving and reloading to check.

Super minor thing, but I don't feel like Raven's name suited her... that's very much a name for a dark haired character, the term raven-haired exist for a reason.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Why can't I unequip weapons/armour or equip new things freely? - only later on when it gets an 'x' by it can you do so but at first it seems like you're stuck with no explanation
There is an explanation (see below); not saying it is good or bad, but it is said in game that this is how it works.
1686509627069.png

Shanni

Jul 6, 2019
Earliestbird
I had a lot of fun playing your game and I really like the CGs and the story so far. Love Mel and Dalera and how all the girls have different characters. I'm looking forward to their future interactions with each other and the MC.

I got the following impressions during my playthrough:

- You get very little information during your character creation. Would be nice to get an explanation for Phys, Fort and Char and to see the stats of the items you can select.

- Storywise: As far as I understood it, the 'Despondence' in the title describes the MC and he is a more passive person. A drifter, that goes where the wind blows him and stays as long as it doesn't get uncomfortable but the game lives from exploring the new world. There should be a reason he's running around. Perhaps one can be introduced during his first encounter with Mel? (Not sure I got all that right, so please ignore it if I'm wrong.)

- When some items are introduced you don't get their information: During character creation, when you choose the items from the encounter with the gigant lady and when you receive an item from sending your girls to professions: 'The powerful woodcutting item has been found' is not really helpful. In the first case you need to save the game, get through the story and check the item and load to check out the other items. In the latter you have to find an unknown item in the list.

- Combat talents significantly influence the battle and as you don't get many points and don't see the 3rd tier of skills, stuff could probably go wrong. It would be nice if you could provide a way to reset the skills and allocate the points anew.

- Skirmishes are a nice idea but I didn't have to do anything to win even the merciless mode. It was just a nice way to get skillpoints.

- When I play an adult game I want to see as much content as possible so I hate branching. I was a bit annoyed when you get the quest from Captain Juliet and you could either breed the wolfgirl and miss the scene with Juliet or vice versa. Perhaps you could add an option to lie if the Impish stat is high enough to get both scenes in one playthrough.

- If you don't know the conditions to breed the Obsession Aspect and choose Dalenas passive skill to increase the players lowest stat by 2 points every day you will never get it. Perhaps choose a different condition that's easier to fullfil?

- Last but not least the active and passive talents of the girls. The system feels really clunky and is my main criticism. You only get Skillpoints during skirmishes, so there are not that many. Your main way to increase stats is to do the corresponding profession in combination with forged tools. But every profession requires 2 different skills that are not paired for the active skill increase. It would be nice if the pairs for active skill increase would match so that you could increase Stoic/Mindful for woodcutting, Stoic/Magnetic for mining etc.

Having a timer before you can increase a statpair again is good, but you have to check it all the time to see if the timer ran out or not if you want to constantly increase the power of the girls and get the most out of it. Perhaps you could provide an option you can check/uncheck to do it automatically to favor a balanced or focused stat growth.

Ravens talents seem to be totally useless to me - why would I ever transform Stoic into Wild with 'Wild at Heart' except for maybe really early in the game? Once the Wild bar is full I can't do anything else with it and I can just change the stats with convert anyway. Also: resetting a specific bar to 0 seems to be a great way to really hamper the character for some time as you have to set the char to a specific job to increase the stat again. At the same time you will probably increase another stat over the maximum as well. Only way to avoid that is if you have a lot of Skillpoints laying around. The only profession that increases Impish is Foraging - so a hard to come by stat. Sacrificing it to get skills for the other professions seems foolish so I never used 'Tricklash' either. Dalenas' 'Battletrance' is the same. Only one source to increase Wild but you loose the whole bar to increase the shield stat that - for now - seems to be insignificant. A much better way seems to be the 'Defend' skill that evenly decreases stats and is available to everybody. 'Honorbound' is great - finally a skill where you don't have to sacrifice something to get something good. I'm using the skill on cooldown. Mels' skills are great too - no downside and in addition it links the Visionary/Mindful pair with the Magnetic/Impish one.

After 200 days ingame my girls' stats look the following:
stats.png
With Ravens' passives she grows randomly but relatively evenly and has space upwards. Dalenas passive don't provide a way to increase her boundaries as her skills are more playerfocused - she is the most limited as the only way to increase her potential is through the active skills every 3 days. Perhaps you could adjust her passives a bit. Mels' passives work well together and you can easily increase her stats.

I'm looking forward to the next version of the game. Keep up the good work!

Snafubr

Apr 23, 2021
"
Earliestbird
I had a lot of fun playing your game and I really like the CGs and the story so far. Love Mel and Dalera and how all the girls have different characters. I'm looking forward to their future interactions with each other and the MC.

- You get very little information during your character creation. Would be nice to get an explanation for Phys, Fort and Char and to see the stats of the items you can select.

- Storywise: As far as I understood it, the 'Despondence' in the title describes the MC and he is a more passive person. A drifter, that goes where the wind blows him and stays as long as it doesn't get uncomfortable but the game lives from exploring the new world. There should be a reason he's running around. Perhaps one can be introduced during his first encounter with Mel? (Not sure I got all that right, so please ignore it if I'm wrong.)

- When some items are introduced you don't get their information: During character creation, when you choose the items from the encounter with the gigant lady and when you receive an item from sending your girls to professions: 'The powerful woodcutting item has been found' is not really helpful. In the first case you need to save the game, get through the story and check the item and load to check out the other items. In the latter you have to find an unknown item in the list.

- Combat talents significantly influence the battle and as you don't get many points and don't see the 3rd tier of skills, stuff could probably go wrong. It would be nice if you could provide a way to reset the skills and allocate the points anew.

- Skirmishes are a nice idea but I didn't have to do anything to win even the merciless mode. It was just a nice way to get skillpoints.

- When I play an adult game I want to see as much content as possible so I hate branching. I was a bit annoyed when you get the quest from Captain Juliet and you could either breed the wolfgirl and miss the scene with Juliet or vice versa. Perhaps you could add an option to lie if the Impish stat is high enough to get both scenes in one playthrough.

- If you don't know the conditions to breed the Obsession Aspect and choose Dalenas passive skill to increase the players lowest stat by 2 points every day you will never get it. Perhaps choose a different condition that's easier to fullfil?

- Last but not least the active and passive talents of the girls. The system feels really clunky and is my main criticism. You only get Skillpoints during skirmishes, so there are not that many. Your main way to increase stats is to do the corresponding profession in combination with forged tools. But every profession requires 2 different skills that are not paired for the active skill increase. It would be nice if the pairs for active skill increase would match so that you could increase Stoic/Mindful for woodcutting, Stoic/Magnetic for mining etc.

Having a timer before you can increase a statpair again is good, but you have to check it all the time to see if the timer ran out or not if you want to constantly increase the power of the girls and get the most out of it. Perhaps you could provide an option you can check/uncheck to do it automatically to favor a balanced or focused stat growth.

Ravens talents seem to be totally useless to me - why would I ever transform Stoic into Wild with 'Wild at Heart' except for maybe really early in the game? Once the Wild bar is full I can't do anything else with it and I can just change the stats with convert anyway. Also: resetting a specific bar to 0 seems to be a great way to really hamper the character for some time as you have to set the char to a specific job to increase the stat again. At the same time you will probably increase another stat over the maximum as well. Only way to avoid that is if you have a lot of Skillpoints laying around. The only profession that increases Impish is Foraging - so a hard to come by stat. Sacrificing it to get skills for the other professions seems foolish so I never used 'Tricklash' either. Dalenas' 'Battletrance' is the same. Only one source to increase Wild but you loose the whole bar to increase the shield stat that - for now - seems to be insignificant. A much better way seems to be the 'Defend' skill that evenly decreases stats and is available to everybody. 'Honorbound' is great - finally a skill where you don't have to sacrifice something to get something good. I'm using the skill on cooldown. Mels' skills are great too - no downside and in addition it links the Visionary/Mindful pair with the Magnetic/Impish one.

View attachment 2694202
With Ravens' passives she grows randomly but relatively evenly and has space upwards. Dalenas passive don't provide a way to increase her boundaries as her skills are more playerfocused - she is the most limited as the only way to increase her potential is through the active skills every 3 days. Perhaps you could adjust her passives a bit. Mels' passives work well together and you can easily increase her stats.

"- If you don't know the conditions to breed the Obsession Aspect and choose Dalenas passive skill to increase the players lowest stat by 2 points every day you will never get it. Perhaps choose a different condition that's easier to fullfil? "

Regarding this tidbit the pantheon carries over to other games. That is the only reason why I was able to get Necessity, as when I was in the middle of the first playthrough an update came out forcing the creation of a new save.

Said new save also taught me more about the game mechanics, so things were a lot easier; that being said for the final product your suggested quality of life improvements would definitely help. (I am always going to bone the wolf for that child card, if that is not what the creator wants then instead of anal the captain better be offering a different hole in my opinion. The collection draws are too powerful of a reward as evidenced by the spirit that loves hate-breeding)

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Super minor thing, but I don't feel like Raven's name suited her... that's very much a name for a dark haired character, the term raven-haired exist for a reason.
It's an ironic name, which is why it suits her perfectly. Also, don't wanna go into spoilers, but she has the nickname Wingless for a reason.

Reactions: Snafubr

AlexFenec

Nov 20, 2022
I agree that the active abilities are not made equal. Here's how I use them:
- I use Tricklash all the time. It's a free 15 skillpoints overall until you get close to your maximums and its resource cost is rather low only 5 Sap and some wood. I get the talents for +3max/day for Raven early as well as the +5/day. I use Training often and stop using Focus after 2-3 times, Tricklash is better. I dump most skill points into Impish (unless it's under 50 and a Tricklash is available soon). When Magnetic is reaching its maximum and Impish is lagging behind I Swap them, I have plenty of leather and metal by the time I need that.
- I never use Wild at Heart. Between Tricklash, her +5/day talent and the skills from working Raven gains enough skills to max out Wild without using that ability. It would be much better if it increased the maximum Wild as well, her maximums are what is (eventually) limiting Raven.
- At the start I make Raven Hunt and Gather as they are her main skills, but she eventually becomes great at all tasks.
- I keep Dalena mostly Woodcutting and Mining.
- I use Defense as often as possible on Dalena, keeping her Visionary and Impish at 0. I try to use BattleTrance while her Mindful is below 50, helped by Defense. By the time I was high enough above 50 that BattleTrance I couldn't Defend/Adapt my way under it, I was reaching the end of the content.
- Dalena's capstone Passive is interesting, but I think it's too weak overall. After using Defend 6 times and investing other talent choices into increasing her defense to 60 she gains... 3/3 units of production, aproximately 1/1 more than what the stats lost by Defense would give?
- I use Focus and Train mostly on Stoic/Wild, using Honorbound to increase her Stoic maximum.
- Both of Mel's skills are strictly positive and should be used often, but I'm not sure how to build her. I parked her on Gathering and shoved her skillpoints in Impish and sometimes Visionary, raising Magnetic/Mindful with her skills/Focus and passives and not touching Stoic/Wild.
- Her capstone Passive making her increase her maximums using skillpoints seems like a trap, I'm not sure she can gain skills fast enough via other means to benefit from it?
- in any case, by that point I'm far enough ahead of the curve that I don't need to worry about stats for Skirmishes for the rest of the content.

Idea: replace one of Dalena's 30E passives with: Whenever she gains Defense, she gains that many skill points. This would synergize with her healing passive and would make her capstone more attractive as well.

Mr.Hide

Oct 23, 2018
Earliestbird

View attachment 2694202

I think Raven active talent is for short and long-term benefits.
Her conversion ability is clearly for resources mechanic.
People need some time to gather resources and Raven during the early game would do a lot of work.
She must switch between essence and stone/wood.
And it may encourage people to pick defend option during early game. (Capped at 0 and never below that point)

ZeAmerican

Jun 9, 2021
I literally never used talents at all. I got too caught up in the gameplay and trying to unlock content that i never really read how the talents really worked. I think I completed all content. Also please add a gallery or make Kalen have a memories tab so I can watch different one time encounters. (The cocky woman, the slime, the fog, etc etc.)

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
I played this title last year when it first came out and it was kind of barren and had little content to show back then. Now that I have tried it again I got to admit that I was completely blown away by how different and better it has become, kudos to the dev for actually evolving this project unlike many others who barely change a thing over the years.

• Red Heart

rapideh

Oct 4, 2019
Any solutions about the equipment bug ? like 80% of the time when i equip an item i can't remove it, should have a small cross on the left to be able to remove the item, but if it bug and cross does not appear i'm just stuck forever and can't remove it...

Jdzavrat

Aug 28, 2020
From the changelog, I gather that this update is mostly cosmetic. I'll hold off until there's more content since I've played to the end. I enjoy the game and was excited to see it listed today.

Reactions: Rudrig

Rudrig

Apr 23, 2018
Any solutions about the equipment bug ? like 80% of the time when i equip an item i can't remove it, should have a small cross on the left to be able to remove the item, but if it bug and cross does not appear i'm just stuck forever and can't remove it...
The items have numbers on the right side representing the nr. of days before you can change them and the cross on the left doesn't appear before the nr. goes to zero. If that number is 0 or doesn't show, and you still can't change the item, now that's a bug. But I can do it.

rapideh

Oct 4, 2019
The items have numbers on the right side representing the nr. of days before you can change them and the cross on the left doesn't appear before the nr. goes to zero. If that number is 0 or doesn't show, and you still can't change the item, now that's a bug. But I can do it.
Oh i see thanks for the info (y)

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes