Mod Ren'Py Off the Record [v0.4.2] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Too bad there's no cheat options. Am restarting this after a long time, lost my saves and the progress. Oh well. I'll do it via console. lol
I'm personally not a fan of using cheats, but that's neither here nor there. If I was to implement...what exactly would one do in this case as I can't see any advantage. If there's something worth doing I'll certainly take a look. Regards.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I'm personally not a fan of using cheats, but that's neither here nor there. If I was to implement...what exactly would one do in this case as I can't see any advantage. If there's something worth doing I'll certainly take a look. Regards.
Just the affection points and skip to a certain ep. But, you're correct. There's nothing worth doing in this regards. It's easy to just set points in console and then jump to the proper scene that I last played.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just the affection points and skip to a certain ep. But, you're correct. There's nothing worth doing in this regards. It's easy to just set points in console and then jump to the proper scene that I last played.
Well, if you think of something I'll always listen and consider. I code for my personal use and challenge, then share those few things I think folks might find useful. I have no ulterior motives so feel free to reach out if/when you wish. Kindest regards.

kippei

Nov 25, 2017
Thanks for the mod! Also noticed this was removed from the game's front page, I guess because it wasn't updated at that time? Should add it back.

Reactions: Chace005

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for the mod! Also noticed this was removed from the game's front page, I guess because it wasn't updated at that time? Should add it back.
It's happened a couple times before in other titles. The timeframe isn't an issue (this is obviously not abandoned) It's usually a moderator finally relenting with another member who's mod is not listed in the VN's OP (usually since it doesn't offer any feature not already presented in a mod in the OP), and for some reason or luck of the draw I keep getting the short end of the stick and get bumped off. It usually takes me sending several messages for appeal and for folks like y'all to press "Report" on the VN's OP, selecting "Other Reason" and writing in that you want the mod placed back into the Extras section.

Reactions: Chace005

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Great work Sancho!
The mod is no longer listed under the game page: i had to search for it specifically.
Please ensure that is linked there.
I can't do anything about it since I'm not a moderator. I've reported via the VN's "Report" feature (which y'all can do as well), but nothing has been rectified yet. It happened around noon and it regretfully appears rather preferential as that's the same time some other mods suddenly appeared there, but I don't know all the facts yet. Go to the VN's OP, press "Report", then under "Other" type in y'all want it placed back into the Extras section is likely all that will help resolve, sadly.

mcclem5257

Oct 24, 2019
I love your mod and wish the moderators would add it to the OP!! My only issue with it so far is that I wish that I could turn off the option to name saves as I do not wish to and need to press enter each time I save. Not a major issue, but it does strain this old mans back a bit more than it needs. Any way you can make it possible to turn it off next update?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I love your mod and wish the moderators would add it to the OP!! My only issue with it so far is that I wish that I could turn off the option to name saves as I do not wish to and need to press enter each time I save. Not a major issue, but it does strain this old mans back a bit more than it needs. Any way you can make it possible to turn it off next update?
Dang, I didn't even think that that feature should be toggled. I'll work on it for you and send you a patch directly. As for the OP, something occurred this afternoon. It has always been listed there and then all of a sudden some other mods got updated and I got bumped off. I've reported it but it's fallen on deaf ears so far. The optics of it are poor at the moment and I truly hope I'm incorrect in its appearance.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Dang, I didn't even think that that feature should be toggled. I'll work on it for you and send you a patch directly. As for the OP, something occurred this afternoon. It has always been listed there and then all of a sudden some other mods got updated and I got bumped off. I've reported it but it's fallen on deaf ears so far. The optics of it are poor at the moment and I truly hope I'm incorrect in its appearance.
I reported for you also. Hopefully it gets put back up. But, 'the powers that be' here pretty much hate me, so, I don't know. lol

mcclem5257

Oct 24, 2019
I appreciate your very prompt response and look forward to your patch and this mod being added to the OP again. Honestly, I didn't know that your mod existed until I tried to use the one that IS IN THE OP and it didn't work. Go figure!

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Here you go compadre. Put this patch inside the SanchoMod directory and no more save descriptions for you. Again, I never thought to make it a toggled option. Kindest regards and enjoy.

Edit: to get save descriptions back simply delete this file and all will return to normal. All magical coding :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: mcclem5257

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I appreciate your very prompt response and look forward to your patch and this mod being added to the OP again. Honestly, I didn't know that your mod existed until I tried to use the one that IS IN THE OP and it didn't work. Go figure!
It's political bud. It'll be an ugly fight before you see this mod return to the VN's OP. "Favorites" have been played by some "higher powers". You see, I've never accepted a penny for my work but others need your views/downloads to make money for their links and adverts so they fight for those OP listings regardless of the quality of their work or in the case of some, if they simply didn't ripoff the code from folks like me and repackage it with a different look. What I'm doing here is proving a real coder can provide a superior professional product that obviously merits being listed so it will either come out in the wash or we'll all know who is who. I'll leave it at that for now as this post will likely get conveniently "removed" anyway.

Last edited:

KiraJames

Dec 5, 2017
Hey, do you know what should I type to set points in the console?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Note: A very special thanks to anne O'nymous for generous knowledge, guidance, and keeping my path straight as I hit a few roadblocks even while he was at work. And to 0x52 for the consistent inspiration and helpful tools. Both have been more than helpful for me to keep thinking outside the box and workout solutions to complex problems. These are the types of folks that,when you're hungry, teach you to fish not simply hand you fish.
Thank you for the shout-out! I'm glad you like my work.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes