Mod Ren'Py Off the Record [v0.4.2] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Surplouf

May 5, 2020
In your video, bottom-right. Place the SanchoMod folder and the supplied scripts.rpa in that folder. (It sounds like that's what you are doing but want to be clear)
View attachment 1420190

If that doesn't work then it has to be an Ubuntu issue but I cannot verify as I don't run Linux personally. All I can support is that the folder structure and naming convention must remain as stated and all will work fine under Win-PC. I will try to help you isolate the best I can but again, I don't have Ubuntu to test.
Like i said before. The only suspicious stuff i found is the size of our scripts.rpa file.. The original size is 3.3 mo and you downsize it at 2.7 mo. Is a half mo gone.

I check if the file is not corrupted in the downloads process.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Like i said before. The only suspicious stuff i found is the size of our scripts.rpa file.. The original size is 3.3 mo and you downsize it at 2.7 mo. Is a half mo gone.

I check if the file is not corrupted in the downloads process.
Nothing suspicious. The reason the size is different is I compiled with latest build of 7.4.5 and removed unnecessary scripts to keep it efficient. No shenanigans, only efficient work.

Surplouf

May 5, 2020
I find something. Check the content of the scripts.rpa file from our MOD and the content of the original.

A lot of important files is missing.I was editing our scripts.rpa to add the missing file. If this is correct the bug. I find the source. If not. The search is not over.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Lot of files in the original .rpa is missing. Is logically a potential problem. Like i said in my last message. I was rebuild it with the missing files. We have the response this way.
We might be fighting native language a bit but note that those "missing" files are not needed, they are just uncompiled scripts. They are not a potential problem I assure you. RenPy decodes the scripts in temporarily files when the game is run and removes them when it's exited, all via the archive. Keeping those temporaries inside the archive is redundant at best. Realize that if they were critical then it wouldn't work at all for anyone. These files are not biased towards Linux.

Last edited:

Surplouf

May 5, 2020
We might be fighting native language a bit but note that those "missing" files are not needed, they are just uncompiled scripts. They are not a potential problem I assure you. RenPy decodes the scripts in temporarily files when the game is run and removes them when it's exited, all via the archive. Keeping those temporaries inside the archive is redundant at best. Realize that if they were critical then it wouldn't work at all for anyone. These files are not biased towards Linux.
I have deleted this message few minutes after post it. I check really quickly and i do not see the file as the source code and the compiled file. This is the only difference. The source code as removed in our .RPA file and this is as any impact. I agree.

Is time for me to go to sleep.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
lexlol Would you be so kind as to grab the log.txt out of the game folder and post it? I've been playing around trying to figure this out. I've installed Ubuntu and SalientOS and the game does start to load and then immediately crashes. I then installed LinuxFX and finally got a log.txt and I just want to make sure your problem is the same as the one my log stated. I personally have no issues running it on my Arch install. But, I have modified it to Hell and back.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I know you might have thought we disregarded your concerns, but we've got your back. Please DL and test the following for either Linux or OSX and let me know. If all is well I'll change the link in the OP. Thanks to Wolf™ for his assistance and testing, without that the fixes would not have been possible on my end. Regards

Link to try is here:

Mentions for notification purposes:
Surplouf lexlol

Surplouf

May 5, 2020
I know you might have thought we disregarded your concerns, but we've got your back. Please DL and test the following for either Linux or OSX and let me know. If all is well I'll change the link in the OP. Thanks to Wolf™ for his assistance and testing, without that the fixes would not have been possible on my end. Regards

Link to try is here:

Mentions for notification purposes:
Surplouf lexlol
No problem. I test it now. Can you tell me what is exactly the problem (Don't need details)? Next time i meet im I know what direction suggest to investigate.

P.S: I never think you disregard at all. When i do not find the solution at problem. I put it on a shelf and let it macerate. This give a distance and objectivity. In this way, the solution presents itself faster than if I had been going after it like a nutcase.

I just thought about it.

Edit: Work! I come back if i found bug.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No problem. I test it now. Can you tell me what is exactly the problem (Don't need details)? Next time i meet im I know what direction suggest to investigate.
I was calling APIs using WinOS directory specific formats (specifically using "/" as folder separators). The fix was to call the RenPy config base directory first to setup the OS's expected directory strings. At the end of the day I doubt you will find another mod have any of the issues for quite some time as this mod pushes some limits.

Edit: Work! I come back if i found bug.
That's great news. Please enjoy and be well. Regards.

Surplouf

May 5, 2020
I was calling APIs using WinOS directory specific formats (specifically using "/" as folder separators). The fix was to call the RenPy config base directory first to setup the OS's expected directory strings. At the end of the day I doubt you will find another mod have any of the issues for quite some time as this mod pushes some limits.

That's great news. Please enjoy and be well. Regards.
Windows is alone to use this way for is PATH. All other use the same way Linux/Mac OS use. Including the HTML and the WEB address. I have the bad surprise to have problem with my files servers. Is he pre-configured to serve Windows computer not Linux. And he run in a Linux Distribution. Is the worst.

A nightmare to resolve because no shell, SSH limited, forget about Webmin. Any of the tools i'm used to my server is available. The technic support finish to give me a solution. But with any freedom on this server. I feel like i waste money on this.

On this case. Windows is not the standard.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
On this case. Windows is not the standard.
Well, don't forget, a server rented is entirely different as I code for my own personal use. I don't code mods with the thought of mass release to please others, I write them for my convenience. I am simply sharing a few here and there. Kind of like two gorgeous ladies, a blonde and a brunette...neither is the standard but personal preference.

Surplouf

May 5, 2020
Well, don't forget, a server rented is entirely different as I code for my own personal use. I don't code mods with the thought of mass release to please others, I write them for my convenience. I am simply sharing a few here and there. Kind of like two gorgeous ladies, a blonde and a brunette...neither is the standard but personal preference.
I agree. But I can't help but promote free software as well as the GPL license.

We have mental health problems that may have ... ;)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning (05:51 CST). I've DL'd the VN update and will start updating SanchoMod this morning. Please allow me sufficient time as I really want to update the mod as well to the newest feature sets as can be found in my latest release (see my profile for those). SanchoMod has grown much since it did when V5 of the of mod was debuted with E4P3 of this VN and I'd like to offer the newest version for E4P4. The newest SanchoMod has a cleaner, more efficient gallery, much improved GUI, more features and options, etc.

I'll keep y'all posted, please be patient. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Progress update:

Porting SanchoMod v5f completed and now tweaking necessary GUI issues. I will then rewrite the entire Gallery code and update the ChoiceGuide to the newer DynamicChoiceGuide as found in my most recent mods.

1641569783946.png
As always I'll keep y'all posted.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes