Mod Ren'Py Off the Record [v0.4.2] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
To quickly follow up with the above for those that haven't used SanchoMod recently:

Dynamic ChoiceGuide is a coding structure that changes the WT to give the player as much information as possible during the occurrences of their playthrough when they do NOT meat a certain criteria. For example let's quickly review the Mi-sun breakup w/ boyfriend choice. If the player has accumulated enough Mi-sun affection points then she will agree as normally displayed in a standard WT:
OTR E01b.jpg

Now let's assume the player did NOT meet the criteria of enough Mi-sun affection points and would therefore be awarded an additional negative affection point for picking the same choice. Dynamic ChoiceGuide not only displays this consequence but also informs the player what the criteria is that they need to meet to achieve the likely desired result:
OTR E01a.jpg

Here's another example using Sia affection for grins:
OTR E01d.jpg OTR E01c.jpg

Pretty cool, right? Yeah, I think so too. Regards.

Last edited:

XXVupscales

Aug 17, 2021
To quickly follow up with the above for those that haven't used SanchoMod recently:

Dynamic ChoiceGuide is a coding structure that changes the WT to give the player as much information as possible during the occurrences of their playthrough when they do NOT meat a certain criteria. For example let's quickly review the Mi-sun breakup w/ boyfriend choice. If the player has accumulated enough Mi-sun affection points then she will agree as normally displayed in a standard WT:

Now let's assume the player did NOT meet the criteria of enough Mi-sun affection points and would therefore be awarded an additional negative affection point for picking the same choice. Dynamic ChoiceGuide not only displays this consequence but also informs the player what the criteria is that they need to meet to achieve the likely desired result:

Here's another example using Sia affection for grins:

Pretty cool, right? Yeah, I think so too. Regards.
We all appreciate your effort with these mods brother

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
We all appreciate your effort with these mods brother
Thank you for the kind words. TBH I mod the VNs I play anyway, it just takes a bit more effort to polish them out for public release of those few I share. I'm chugging along, much has changed in my base core mod to port into the title. I'm going through the menu choices and flagging those that unlock the OEM scenes for folks. This allows me to verify my other code is solid simultaneously. Once done I'll knock out the custom SanchoGallery, test, and release. Thanks again.

• Red Heart
Reactions: XXVupscales

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Finally, here's a technical dynamic ChoiceGuide example with Crystal:

Note Hobo Trust currently at 2 which makes achieving award Gallery(Ep4Charlotte) impossible, so the guide let's you know the criteria if that is the case:
OTR E01e.jpg

In this particular player run the criteria were met, again note Hobo Trust (now at 1) which makes achieving award Gallery(Ep4Charlotte) possible and the guide notes it as such:
OTR E01f.jpg

Anyway, gotta keep at it before my "adding additional features" list gets any longer :p

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fighting the OEM gallery a bit but I'm on it now. I wanted to add some little "comfort of life" tweaks including a gallery-specific naming convention.

Again, for those who haven't used a newer version of SanchoMod, the SanchoGallery is now accessed via the one SanchoMod menu item. Within the new gallery screen there is an option to name our player whatever you wish. This is NOT related to the in-game name so the player and have a name for the gallery and an in-game name that are completely isolated.... just because.
OTR E01g.jpg OTR E01h.jpg
I'm back to it to populate the rest of the custom gallery, getting closer to release...

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
I will hold off for this mod even tho Zoey's updated. Since Zoey's mod follows zoey's choices no matter what you choose for yourself and shows all the scenes in the game so it's not really my thing. I hope you will continue work on this game Sancho1969 <3 have a nice day

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I will hold off for this mod even tho Zoey's updated. Since Zoey's mod follows zoey's choices no matter what you choose for yourself and shows all the scenes in the game so it's not really my thing. I hope you will continue work on this game Sancho1969 <3 have a nice day
Never stopped working on it bud, the delay is because I'm porting it to the newest SanchoMod which is more refined and adds more features. In otherwords this is basically a done deal. I need just a bit more time but plan on releasing today.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm done. Give me a bit to grab a Crown & Coke, compile it, double-check it on a virgin PC, then upload it. I'll make a new post when the OP is updated. Regards....it's whiskey time 'round here.

robertfierce

Donor
Nov 13, 2017
There is no such thing as " Run with graphics processor " when you right click.
Unless maybe you're using a laptop which has both an integrated gpu and dedicated gpu.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There is no such thing as " Run with graphics processor " when you right click.
Unless maybe you're using a laptop which has both an integrated gpu and dedicated gpu.
You, sir, should maybe try google before you make statements that are not based on fact as you are very much incorrect. Regardless, I appreciate the mediocre attempt at spreading nonsense in a comical kind of way. Regards.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
You, sir, should maybe try google before you make statements that are not based on fact as you are very much incorrect. Regardless, I appreciate the mediocre attempt at spreading nonsense in a comical kind of way. Regards.
He must be using Nvidia. They removed that option last year, or previously. Don't remember now. But, robertfierce it used to be a thing:

aid_5035_01.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
He must be using Nvidia. They removed that option last year, or previously. Don't remember now. But, robertfierce it used to be a thing:
g'evening Wolf. If I remember correctly on the newer defaults I'm fairly confident if it doesn't show up one can enable via:
NVIDIA Control Panel -> 3D Settings -> Show in Context Menu

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
g'evening Wolf. If I remember correctly on the newer defaults I'm fairly confident if it doesn't show up one can enable via:
Hey, bro. Hope you're doing well. I don't know. I am running Radeon cards now. 2 6800xt and a 6900xt. I could turn on one of my threadripper systems and check, they are running 2080tis, but, it's not that important for me. lol

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey, bro. Hope you're doing well. I don't know. I am running Radeon cards now. 2 6800xt and a 6900xt. I could turn on one of my threadripper systems and check, they are running 2080tis, but, it's not that important for me. lol
I've been considering jumping ship. The Radeon's can kick some serious ass. Hope you and yours are doing well too, glad to see you back around.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I've been considering jumping ship. The Radeon's can kick some serious ass. Hope you and yours are doing well too, glad to see you back around.
I jumped ship when my Nvidia cards started taking a dump on me. First the last 1080ti, then I lost a 2080ti. I was just done. lol Yeah, we're all doing well here. Mari is now down to 6 month checkups. I think she's beaten the odds. knock on wood

Reactions: Sancho1969

robertfierce

Donor
Nov 13, 2017
" make statements that are not based on fact as you are very much incorrect. "
2.jpg

Clearly my statement is inaccurate *cough cough sarcasm*

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019

View attachment 1585665
" make statements that are not based on fact as you are very much incorrect. "
View attachment 1585712

Clearly my statement is inaccurate *cough cough sarcasm*
Hmm, you REALLY are dense. Aren't you?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes