Mod Ren'Py Off the Record [v0.4.2] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I'm at Ingrid's house meeting Myrtle for the first time and I can't progress after texting Aurora. I'm stuck in a loop and the MC keeps saying "I already texted her." followed with this error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10112, in <module>
NameError: name 'dorm_phone_texts' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 10112, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1893, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2266, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2259, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.17134
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Anyone else having this issue?
I've been getting tons of errors this release. For that one, just open up console and type in:

Code:
dorm_phone_texts = True
or

Code:
dorm_phone_texts = False
I forgot which worked.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm at Ingrid's house meeting Myrtle for the first time and I can't progress after texting Aurora. I'm stuck in a loop and the MC keeps saying "I already texted her." followed with this error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Anyone else having this issue?
Several discrepancies noted that require clarification so I can isolate your particular issue. 1) is this from loading an older save file? 2) in the current scripting that variable is on 5 different lines and first introduced at line 10136 (none of them are 10112) so are you sure you are on version E4P4?

I've been getting tons of errors this release. For that one, just open up console and type in:

Code:
dorm_phone_texts = True
or

Code:
dorm_phone_texts = False
I forgot which worked.
Hey Wolf, good morning. Just for clarification and FWIW it's already defined OEM in declarations.rpy (in current E4P4 anyway) as default dorm_phone_texts = 0. It's an integer and I even use it in the ChoiceGuide inside the "Approach Myrtle" choice option. Just letting you know bud.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Several discrepancies noted that require clarification so I can isolate your particular issue. 1) is this from loading an older save file? 2) in the current scripting that variable is on 5 different lines and first introduced at line 10136 (none of them are 10112) so are you sure you are on version E4P4?

Hey Wolf, good morning. Just for clarification and FWIW it's already defined OEM in declarations.rpy (in current E4P4 anyway) as default dorm_phone_texts = 0. It's an integer and I even use it in the ChoiceGuide inside the "Approach Myrtle" choice option. Just letting you know bud.
Thanks. I've had to use console quite a bit in this release. It's not your mod doing it. Either it's the main release or something is wonky in my Ren'py version in Linux. Having the same issue in a couple other games.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks. I've had to use console quite a bit in this release. It's not your mod doing it. Either it's the main release or something is wonky in my Ren'py version in Linux. Having the same issue in a couple other games.
Understood. I try to catch the undeclared variables and define them within the mods, and have had to do so quite a bit in the past to be honest. Hope all is well.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Understood. I try to catch the undeclared variables and define them within the mods, and have had to do so quite a bit in the past to be honest. Hope all is well.
Everything is well. If and when you start adding in the cheat function to your mods, don't forget that I can test for you. Even if I don't play the game. lol

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Everything is well. If and when you start adding in the cheat function to your mods, don't forget that I can test for you. Even if I don't play the game. lol
I've populated it in the BaDIK mod which I think I completed thru S1 but then devs started dropping updates Christmas eve and I had to scramble to update mods. I'll check it after a while a toss you a beta test copy, for your eyes only.

LonKirkPole

Dec 18, 2019
Sancho1969 There has been an update to this game. Thank you for your work so far. Please can you work on updating this mod for this update of this game., in your own time.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 There has been an update to this game. Thank you for your work so far. Please can you work on updating this mod for this update of this game., in your own time.
I'll knock it out after a short break, I've been updating mods for a few days straight. I'll do my best to have something out for today (the time constraint will be on how much of the core mod I need to update). Regards, I'll keep folks posted on progress like always.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I just checked while I'm DL'ing the VN in the background, the core mod has changed quite a bit since this was last updated. I'm going to port over the newest core which will force me to recode the split scenes in the VN. This will take a little longer but is best for the end user in the long run as the code is a shit-ton more efficient and more aesthetically pleasing to boot. This one's going to require more than the normal amount of Crown & Cokes to get 'er done, but I'm on it. I'll keep ya posted.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm getting carried away, but it's all for the better for the player. I've been coding in the dynamic ChoiceGuide and already finished Tiffinay's finger cum scene. This is a quick example in another context showing how the guide dynamically changes according to your previous choices. In this case the first pic shows the player has not chose the "Right" stall choice yet, the second pic shows the player has chosen the "Right" stall previously. This choice means nothing but it gets the point across how the dynamic ChoiceGuide works in theory:

OTR G01b.jpg OTR G01c.jpg

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Apologies for the delay folks, I'm coding as fast as I can (rewriting the ChoiceGuide for the dynamic feature). I've just completed everything and now will do 2 speedruns to insure integrity then compile and test on a virgin machine. Once that's done I'll push out the distribution, create new links and finally create a new post. Home stretch...

Edit: Compiling now for testing on virgin PC. If it passes it's done. It's done, uploading to hosts now...

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
OK, someone do me a solid... with over 95K views of this mod there's not a single vote or review. Either good, bad, or ugly some of you folks throw me some feedback, it's all I get as my hand will never be outstretched to you, ever. I sincerely hope you find my work and effort brings some improvement to your media consumption. Best to you and yours. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yay! First vote and review. Kindest regards, I appreciate you folks since I code these mods for my personal use (as you likely know) and am simply sharing them to you (with a bit more shine and polish so as to make them presentable). Constructive criticism is always welcome of course, it's how I was able to succeed in business enough to retire by 45 so I embrace it. Just don't brow beat me too much or this redneck will punch back :ROFLMAO:

All BS aside, please enjoy and let me know if you run into any issues I didn't find while porting the new code over. Have a great evening, I'm going to grab one more adult beverage and call it a day....it's been a long one updating all these mods. Be well y'all.

Reactions: JennaJJ

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Yay! First vote and review. Kindest regards, I appreciate you folks since I code these mods for my personal use (as you likely know) and am simply sharing them to you (with a bit more shine and polish so as to make them presentable). Constructive criticism is always welcome of course, it's how I was able to succeed in business enough to retire by 45 so I embrace it. Just don't brow beat me too much or this redneck will punch back :ROFLMAO:

All BS aside, please enjoy and let me know if you run into any issues I didn't find while porting the new code over. Have a great evening, I'm going to grab one more adult beverage and call it a day....it's been a long one updating all these mods. Be well y'all.
did you delete the cheat to change + or - the affection points? I can't modify the affection points :confused:

Reactions: sedit

summom

Dec 2, 2018
Excuse me, but how can I trigger 'Charlotte' scene with this mod?
Is there any problem with that scene?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Excuse me, but how can I trigger 'Charlotte' scene with this mod?
Is there any problem with that scene?
Good morning,

I'll assume you don't mean in the SanchoGallery since it's in there by default. I'm going to elongate this post since the SanchoMod dynamic ChoiceGuide is the only guide that does this (that I'm aware of or ever seen).... the guide changes according to your previous choices made. Let's get started:

As far as the walkthrough, it all starts here at this choice, (second choice):
1646577678404.png

Notice how "Gallery(Ep4Charlotte)" has a strkethrough and notes that it requires (HoboTrust) is 1 or less. I picked this picture to show you that the guide tells you what you NEED to have a result, even though you don't currently meet the requirements.

Now, if the requirement of HoboTrust is one or less that same menu choice now looks like this:
1646577759005.png

The reason why HoboTrust needs to be at that state is a spoiler so I'll mark it as such: When the coffee shop gets robbed, if HoboTrust is over the required amount then the Hobo stops the robber and you get the money back. If the trust meets the requirement then the Hobo does NOT stop the robber and you lose the money which sets up the potential to get the Charlotte scene.

The guide will walk you through everything, but you have to read and adjust according to the information provided. Does that all make sense? Hope so, enjoy.

LonKirkPole

Dec 18, 2019
Thank you for your work. I have yet to play the mod for this current mod. I will let you know what I think when I have.

summom

Dec 2, 2018
Good morning,

I'll assume you don't mean in the SanchoGallery since it's in there by default. I'm going to elongate this post since the SanchoMod dynamic ChoiceGuide is the only guide that does this (that I'm aware of or ever seen).... the guide changes according to your previous choices made. Let's get started:

As far as the walkthrough, it all starts here at this choice, (second choice):
View attachment 1690080

Notice how "Gallery(Ep4Charlotte)" has a strkethrough and notes that it requires (HoboTrust) is 1 or less. I picked this picture to show you that the guide tells you what you NEED to have a result, even though you don't currently meet the requirements.

Now, if the requirement of HoboTrust is one or less that same menu choice now looks like this:
View attachment 1690082

The reason why HoboTrust needs to be at that state is a spoiler so I'll mark it as such: When the coffee shop gets robbed, if HoboTrust is over the required amount then the Hobo stops the robber and you get the money back. If the trust meets the requirement then the Hobo does NOT stop the robber and you lose the money which sets up the potential to get the Charlotte scene.

The guide will walk you through everything, but you have to read and adjust according to the information provided. Does that all make sense? Hope so, enjoy.
How kind you are! Thanks a lot!

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes