Mod Ren'Py Off the Record [v0.4.2] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

mcclem5257

Oct 24, 2019
Here you go compadre. Put this patch inside the SanchoMod directory and no more save descriptions for you. Again, I never thought to make it a toggled option. Kindest regards and enjoy.

Edit: to get save descriptions back simply delete this file and all will return to normal. All magical coding :)
Thank you very much!

Dark Horizon

Apr 27, 2017
Sancho1969 the mod is great but it would be great if we could change the stats or changing the true or false for events in the game.If you had time please consider adding cheats,that would make your mods absolute perfection.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 the mod is great but it would be great if we could change the stats or changing the true or false for events in the game.If you had time please consider adding cheats,that would make your mods absolute perfection.
I've been on the fence regarding cheats in my mods forever. See, I write them for me to use first...then share a few things here and there. Because I don't use cheats in anything personally I've never spent time coding them in. I understand it's a personal preference and I'll give you this....at some point I might just do it for others to use. I've toyed with the idea of mouse-hovering over my MiniStat over a value which then brings up a small +/- next to it to change so it wouldn't need a new screen or be obtrusive. As I'm porting other titles I might tinker with the idea. I'll keep y'all posted as always (I do my best to log mod coding progression when new ideas are being coded out). So, bottom line, I won't blow off the idea as others might but will have to find a way that's quick for me and doesn't intrude on those that don't wish to have it...anything can be done. Kindest regards and I sincerely appreciate your input.

Reactions: Dark Horizon

Dark Horizon

Apr 27, 2017
I've been on the fence regarding cheats in my mods forever. See, I write them for me to use first...then share a few things here and there. Because I don't use cheats in anything personally I've never spent time coding them in. I understand it's a personal preference and I'll give you this....at some point I might just do it for others to use. I've toyed with the idea of mouse-hovering over my MiniStat over a value which then brings up a small +/- next to it to change so it wouldn't need a new screen or be obtrusive. As I'm porting other titles I might tinker with the idea. I'll keep y'all posted as always (I do my best to log mod coding progression when new ideas are being coded out). So, bottom line, I won't blow off the idea as others might but will have to find a way that's quick for me and doesn't intrude on those that don't wish to have it...anything can be done. Kindest regards and I sincerely appreciate your input.
Thanks for the response.
I think the best way is to add a +/- in the stats screen for things like affection and for events that are shown as true/false you can code them in a way to change from true to false or vise versa by clicking on them in the stats screen,this way you don't need a new screen as well.
And thanks for all you efforts to make this awesome mods.

Surplouf

May 5, 2020
I'm on Linux Ubuntu. Our MOD crash the game and he do not start. He begin to start but close just after starting. I put a video capture. He result any crash report.

The mode change the video configuration? I go decompile our files to check myself.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I'm on Linux Ubuntu. Our MOD crash the game and he do not start. He begin to start but close just after starting. I put a video capture. He result any crash report.

The mode change the video configuration? I go decompile our files to check myself.
No issues on Arch.

Surplouf

May 5, 2020
No issues on Arch.
Ubuntu... I think to going back to Linux Mint. I haved install Ubuntu because is the only distribution having driver for my video card at this time. But is over 2 years now. I know Renpy work bad with the material acceleration of my video card. I check that.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Ubuntu... I think to going back to Linux Mint. I haved install Ubuntu because is the only distribution having driver for my video card at this time. But is over 2 years now. I know Renpy work bad with the material acceleration of my video card. I check that.
What video card do you have? I have a Radeon 6800 XT.

Surplouf

May 5, 2020
What video card do you have? I have a Radeon 6800 XT.
I made the stupid choice to buy a brand new Dell Computer with all is non standard shit. I never do this again. I swear. The indoard video card as a Intel chipset. I'm not a gamer no need to install a better one.

The Renpy games is for the story and the renders. Is like an interactive book for me. I don't care about the gameplay.

I'm sure the MOD activate the material acceleration. And this is do not work for me since the new version of Renpy. I have to find a way to deactivate it. Just have to find what file to edit.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Good morning. Viewing that video you posted that is not a crash and has nothing to do with your video card, but I did not specifically test under Linux. Note: It is imperative that the folder structure remain as noted in the OP installation:
Code:
(ThisTitleName) folder/
  ├── game/
  │    ├── SanchoMod/
  │    └── (support files)
  ├── lib/
  ├── renpy/
  └── (ThisTitleName).exe
If the SanchoMod folder is not located under the VN's "game" folder or it is otherwise modified (decompile/rename) it will not work.

Can you please verify the above and report back?

Last edited:

Surplouf

May 5, 2020
Good morning. Viewing that video you posted that is not a crash and has nothing to do with your video card, but I did not specifically test under Linux. Note: It is imperative that the folder structure remain as noted in the OP installation:
Code:
(ThisTitleName) folder/
  ├── game/
  │    ├── SanchoMod/
  │    └── (support files)
  ├── lib/
  ├── renpy/
  └── (ThisTitleName).exe
If the SanchoMod folder is not located under the VN's "game" folder or it is otherwise modified (decompile/rename) it will not work.

Can you please verify the above and report back?
I have put it in the game folder like i do for all other MOD. I clearly understand the folder SanchoMOD have to be intact too. I made another video more longuest how i make all the process. I think is more easy like this.

Ho! I remember an important detail. The scripts.rpa file have 3.3 mo in the game and 2.7 mo in our MOD. The difference is really big .

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm sure the MOD activate the material acceleration. And this is do not work for me since the new version of Renpy. I have to find a way to deactivate it. Just have to find what file to edit.
The mod is not what activates hardware rendering. Please see this official RenPy info . There are fundamental changes in RenPy 7.4+, the title is based on 7.4.5.1648 and no longer supports software rending. There is no file to change that fact. The only thing one could try is to recompile it with an earlier build of RenPy developer kit but it's likely futile.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fresh video of installation of the MOD after show the game work before installation.
In your video, bottom-right. Place the SanchoMod folder and the supplied scripts.rpa in that folder. (It sounds like that's what you are doing but want to be clear)
1632493199103.png

If that doesn't work then it has to be an Ubuntu issue but I cannot verify as I don't run Linux personally. All I can support is that the folder structure and naming convention must remain as stated and all will work fine under Win-PC. I will try to help you isolate the best I can but again, I don't have Ubuntu to test.

Last edited:

Surplouf

May 5, 2020
The mod is not what activates hardware rendering. Please see this official RenPy info . There are fundamental changes in RenPy 7.4+, the title is based on 7.4.5.1648 and no longer supports software rending. There is no file to change that fact. The only thing one could try is to recompile it with an earlier build of RenPy developer kit but it's likely futile.
I know this. I try to find a logical reason. I am the only one with this problem. Is important i do my share. I already have this problem with the game Ooopsy Daisy. Only people on Linux have the same problem i have here. This is linked with that talk about this article you linked. This is need some time but the developer have fixed this. He do not want to tell what is it for the same reason he hide is source code with using .rpa archive and post only the compiled files.

Make this on a GPL software as any sense for me. I can extract easyly a .RPA file and decompile any .rpyc files. I understand the need to protect is code. But only a minimal knowledge is necessary to do it.

I do not stop to search a solution. First this is an information can be useful for you

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes