VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

stencilbits

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
Could use some background people. Almost feel like the last man on earth.
Not a bad idea, funny how I didn't really even think about that. I usually treat visual novel background images as abstractions about the scenery and the text then fills out the rest (if the scene is crowded, empty etc.).

Awesome job on the visuals. They have a very nice "je-ne-sais-quoi". You say you are still learning, but clearly you know a lot what you are doing. I know you are still starting on this project but if you see yourself with some substancial revenue down the line, do you think you will go and fiddle with animations ? I would understand if not, and will still follow the game, i'm just wondering if it's more or less easy to add them in a game with this graphic style over, say, MILF city ( which to me is pretty much top, animation wise for VN's)
Thanks. I have done some animation tests, but I'm not really happy with the results yet. Plus they take a long time to set up and render compared to normal, static images. But at some point I might start to add animations if I can set up a good and fast process for it. I'll add an old test .webm animation here, it has old style shading and some janky movement, but it's a start.

ryupuma

May 11, 2018
That animation "test" is pretty neat ! Take all the time you need though to refine it as you see fit. People usually don't expect top notch quality from a just released game, and I think you succeded to blow people'ss mind, which is a awesome start. Too bad my pay day is just in 1 week 1/2, else i'd sign up to your Patreon in a heart beat. As I see you barely have a handfull of Patreons, i'll try spread out the word till then so some friends can go visit and decide for themseleves.

Muffeh

Jun 25, 2017
Yup this is easily in my top 5 games on the site now. The amount of effort that's gone into this for an early release is staggering. Not in a position to support financially at present, but I wish @stencilbits all the success in the world.

Reactions: Namco15

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
The art looks really well done and is it cel-shaded? The character models look, dare I say, human? :) j/k They look fantastic and I, too, will be gushing over the redhead (like so many before me have commented on). It doens't look like any of the games that I've seen on here recently. Definitely going to have to give this one a try.

Reactions: Namco15 and Muffeh

asdgra

Nov 8, 2017
Is there any 3d game with those graphics? i mean, if this vn is made of some original game, where he made those pictures? i need answers.

Glew

Jul 1, 2017
wow ... really great. The models are new, fresh and very nice not like this illusion junk. I keep an eye on it. Keep it up. Please do me a favor the milf need a trimmed bush and please a harem. THX Who can decide for such beautiful models for only one!
Ps. For all they ask! Yes it is contained enough to arouse interest for a 0.1 version.

ryupuma

May 11, 2018
Borderlands and Borderlands 2 comes to mind. I love cell shaded games for this reason.
I agree with you it has a Borderlands flavor to it. Also seems to borrow a bit the visual style of all those "real" telltale games, like Walking Dead, Wolf among us and Batman all the while retaining it's own style.

rory68

Jul 5, 2017
WOOW!!!Unbelievable demo!!!!!Excellent story,beautiful models,amazing sense of humor and James one of the best characters I've seen in a game.A bodyguard-philosopher!!!If you could add some animations I think the game would be in the top!Congrats stencilbits and good luck!!!!

Reactions: Namco15
4.80 star(s) 77 Votes