VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Saiaxs

Oct 12, 2018
game tricked me. the text box has you as "Me" rather than a name so i didn't know the MC was already named Cole.

i can't play these games with pre-named MCs

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
game tricked me. the text box has you as "Me" rather than a name so i didn't know the MC was already named Cole.

i can't play these games with pre-named MCs
, the protagonist of the game. Somewhat reserved but generally polite and optimistic young man who is moving back to his home town. Handling changes in life, school and other people can be challenging to anyone - guiding him will be up to you.
Not really tricked, it's on the Patreon page.

I do feel sorry for people that can't play named protags though, miss out on so many great games especially AAA ones. I mean, imagine never being able to play games like the Witcher series or Tomb Raider.

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
V02

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
one example but it is throughout the whole game...it is that drastic the change.
Somebody asked for comparison screenshots, so here's a couple: 2.0 on the top, 3.0 on the bottom

Personally, I don't like the new ones. There's now an unnatural shine on the characters and clothes, with really nasty shadow effects on everything.

Don't even get me started on the "Shader Effects". They make me nauseous watching everything distort and having their facial features jump around.

How stencilbits could possibly call this an improvement is beyond me, and he's just lost one of his first supporters.
Oh, very noticeable. Thanks for posting them.
Kinda like turning off that effect in Borderlands:
Heh... I just bought Borderlands.

Reactions: Namco15

Saiaxs

Oct 12, 2018

I do feel sorry for people that can't play named protags though, miss out on so many great games especially AAA ones. I mean, imagine never being able to play games like the Witcher series or Tomb Raider.
Yeah 99% of people don’t go to the patreon pages, it wasn’t mentioned in the description here so it’s a partial trick/lie by omission

Edit: I can play AAA titles just fine, but games like this I can’t invest in with named main characters

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016

I can't feel sorry for them. This has got to be about the dumbest reservation to have in regards to games. Used to be in most games you played a fixed character, if not then you were just a blorb without a face and name to you.
If you can't play games where you can't name the MC then you are already very, very spoiled.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Just build your own computer there is nothing easier than that. You pay much less for it and have a better PC at the end.
For 140 bucks? That I'd like to see. A medium range GPU alone costs several times that.

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Oct 14, 2016
Edit 20/03/2020:
Fixed minor issues with Amy's endings mixup. Guide re-uploaded.

Enjoy the attached v0.3 Walkthrough!
It can also be found on my .

Last edited:

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
Ok...well I just finally got into the new Amy material and so far I am wayyyyyyyyyy more attracted to her mother. So now I want a Ella path added lol. Also I agree the wavy characters are bleh. Thank god you can turn them off.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
For 140 bucks? That I'd like to see. A medium range GPU alone costs several times that.
like i said..my new PC was 760 bucks directly from Dell..but walmart had it for 139 bucks..it is alot more than a 139 dollar computer..i know how walmart does it..saw a documentary on how they get stuff for under cost from manufacturers simply because the manufacturers really want their stuff in walmart..if i had of had a spare 760 bucks laying around..yes i would have repaired my other PC..the REALLY good one..alas..the repairs for that were alot more than a new pc from walmart..lol...it allowed me to play the newest update of Offcuts in all its graphical glory..only took 5 hours..LOL...damn...if you do all three paths..and start from the beachfront choice path..there is over 10 hours of play available..that is alot for 3 updates...and more than the majority of completed games..the extended wait was well worth it..i got a good ending with Amy btw... for those who want a teaser...

Cevanth

Jul 4, 2017
v0.3 boiiiii, i'm going to start a new game and play all the routes just to celebrate the new update, see you guys in a day or two :DDD, see? the wait was worth it!
Stencilbits i love you dood! keep up the good work! :D(y)

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes