VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
i am poor..but i desperately needed a new PC after my good one died..i was using a 10 year old dell that 80% of the games wouldnt run on..LOL..so i got a 139 buck new PC from walmart..memory cpu HD are up to modern spec..the video is not..it is cRAP..but since unlike many integrated videos that only use system ram..this has actual physical memory of its own to speed up graphic loading..so it is CRAP +1..the +1 being the bonus of some dedicated memory..lol...i'm a smart ass..my new PC lets me play about 80% of the games now..that is all that matters...
My laptop also is 10 y.o but it still runs every single thing I throw at it. Only thing that is gone is the battery.
Fact it is a Sony probably makes the difference. Shame they left the business.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I am a patron of this game... I found out from here that it was released instead of receiving a patreon email. :(
I feel you man. The worst thing is that guy who leaked this game not just screwed up his 10 months of work without getting paid any cent, he even put the official release link in here. I know It's a pirate site and such but jeez if you want to disrespect a certain dev and hit him in the balls, that's the way to go. lol.
Actually, I don't think the guy that leaked it disrespected the Dev. I am just miffed, and consider it a bit disrespectful, that the Dev didn't send us Patreons an email that "0.03 is released for X patrons".

Of course not, he's an angel who came into this world to ensure everyone can fap on his work for free. He must be the reincarnation of a perverted version of mother teresa.
He didn't get a dime for several months. I will now increase my donation for this month so he can "make up" the lost revenue for all the months he part-timed his work and didn't get paid. As a patreon, I don't expect the developer to work full time, that's why I generally donate only a bit of money.

How much more I will donate? Depends on how good is the content!

Reactions: Tom10 and McWoodz

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
will be two camps..i for one love the new graphics...but everyone likes what they like...so far the only improvement i do not like is Melissa's hair..other than that its a hit with me..

Reactions: Tom10

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Amy might be my favorite route now, its hilarious. Her mom is something else, not sure if thats good or bad though lol.

Game needs a comedy tag.

Reactions: Namco15 and Tom10

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Don't even get me started on the "Shader Effects". They make me nausious watching everything distort and having their facial features jump around.
I can't look at that.

I think i've shit on the dev enough with his awful timing but that shader effect .... it's not great.

I love the story, I adore the characters but watching wavy people float about the screen in the most unnatural way possible ... things don't move that way ... unless you are on an acid fever dream.

I feel like I should be listening to 90's trip hop when I turn it on.

I liked the old character designs but I do like the new ones too. I kinda wish he'd kept Kate's hair short but that's about my only downside apart from underwater wavy people.

Sorrowz

May 27, 2017
I am a patron of this game... I found out from here that it was released instead of receiving a patreon email. :(
Actually, I don't think the guy that leaked it disrespected the Dev. I am just miffed, and consider it a bit disrespectful, that the Dev didn't send us Patreons an email that "0.03 is released for X patrons".

He didn't get a dime for several months. I will now increase my donation for this month so he can "make up" the lost revenue for all the months he part-timed his work and didn't get paid. As a patreon, I don't expect the developer to work full time, that's why I generally donate only a bit of money.

How much more I will donate? Depends on how good is the content!
I got an email it was released about 5-6 hours ago, not sure why you guys didn't but he did send one out.

Reactions: flufficorrider5

TommyEsclow

Aug 18, 2017
I love the story, I adore the characters but watching wavy people float about the screen in the most unnatural way possible ...
I guess that's what he meant with making the characters look more lively. But if you look at this game differently, like as watching / reading a Cartoon or something like that, you'll learn to enjoy it. It kinda looks like a cartoon actually. At least for me.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I guess that's what he meant with making the characters look more lively. But if you look at this game differently, like as watching / reading a Cartoon or something like that, you'll learn to enjoy it. It kinda looks like a cartoon actually. At least for me.
I find it a bit off putting so I leave it off. I think the artwork is gorgeous and that effect ruins it a bit for me but if others like it then the devs work has done it's job.

I've had my issues with the devs timing and deadlines but I think the way he's designed the game and releases complete story arcs that build on the world already there is nothing short of amazing.

I just really don't like the wavy people.

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
I think the shader effect is nice on the backgrounds - it gives the foliage a nice feel to them. On the sprites, though... meh. It feels like I'm watching the sprites through a wiggling bowl of Jello. If there was a way to turn in on for one and not the other, I'd be all for it.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I agree with those that don't like wavy people. Melissa in the tests seemed like her head was boiling. I could stand that. But the rest were seemed to be boiling as well, so I deactivated it.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think the shader effect is nice on the backgrounds - it gives the foliage a nice feel to them. On the sprites, though... meh. It feels like I'm watching the sprites through a wiggling bowl of Jello. If there was a way to turn in on for one and not the other, I'd be all for it.
That I agree with, it would look great for backgrounds.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
the fact he lets you turn off the shader effects should quell any complaints..if you are complaining about the shader effects then you got the derp...

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes