4.80 star(s) 22 Votes
Feb 16, 2021
They also didn't bother using all that left-over time while waiting for the Bates animations to do other things, like the "voyeur" state to prevent nearby ennemies from interupting your grapples they mentioned somewhere, cleaning up the doorway/portal/screen transition things that look very WIP, create a working door sricpt instead of having joe phase through like he died the moment he stepped in the Sushi shop and is now on the astral plane (okay, minor nitpick but they'll probably need more doors later), working on later levels (presumably) and many more little qol fixes.

Or just start working on Bates with placeholder sprites. Like, you can just put an oversized red rectangle with MS-Paint Bates, scribble the animation name on it and replace afterwards.

Zeorentine

Oct 31, 2018
I almost hate to add to the negativity in this thread, but I don't really have anyone to talk about this with. I don't mind FFF taking their time to make a quality game. What rankles me is how they on the game, and that's into a more than a . The first time Bates was "almost done" was . Then the next mentions nothing about Bates. Then the says, "More info on Bates later this month," followed by the Patreon pause less than a week later.

I was a Patron on and off starting in 2019 and stopped supporting them sometime around the Patreon pause. I haven't picked it back up because of FFF both setting and failing to meet their own expectations so often. After going through this a couple of times, they could have stopped setting expectations in the first place. Either FFF is preying on fans' expectations or they're really bad at communicating.

I hope Bates turns out great, as well as every update following this one. Their work is high quality and this game is great so far. I think they really need to reconsider how they run things though.
I have to agree with everything you said, and thank you for linking the posts and speaking with the truth. Holy shit though, it really has beem nearly 3 years and they still aren't done with a single character. That is extremely upsetting and it seems I won't be giving FFF my money again any time soon. Even if Bates turns out amazing, I don't care at this point. I'd rather have 10 new enemies with 4 animations each than a single one with 40, Bates doesn't even look all that appealing personally so that's means less things to look forward to. I get the feeling Bates is gonna mark the end of a phase and FFF will take a "long break" on game dev after they finish him (if ever), what a shame.

Reactions: Deesnutz2021

PurrUgloin

Aug 29, 2020
I was a Patron on and off starting in 2019 and stopped supporting them sometime around the Patreon pause. I haven't picked it back up because of FFF both setting and failing to meet their own expectations so often. After going through this a couple of times, they could have stopped setting expectations in the first place. Either FFF is preying on fans' expectations or they're really bad at communicating.
I've had similar qualms during my time as a patron for FFF. You can also see a slightly stagnating interest for the game itself amongst my posts as these issues have popped up, which is ultimately a shame. I enjoy the game, both as a game and for its content, and in the past I was more than happy to stay an active supporter, but nowadays money's a lot tighter and regardless, it isn't worth keeping an active subscription unless a new build has actually released.

That being said, I have to wonder if the delays surrounding Bates in particular are largely surrounding how Red, for a long while, was the sole artist/animator for many of the game's assets. The previous assistant animator they had didn't seem to help much, and if I recall, was moved elsewhere on the team, but I'm unsure of how things are proceeding with their current, newer animator. Communication in general has been shoddy at best, and like mentioned, led them into self-dug pitfalls, but Ket usually seems on top of their parts for the game itself... Though, perhaps I'm overlooking something. It has been some time since I've gone over many of their older news posts and dev previews.

I want the game to succeed, and I still have some hope for it, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't look a little grim, given how many other games/projects of this nature have ended up. I can only hope things improve after Bates is finished, instead of proceeding the way they have over the past year or so.

derelictsaint

Jul 23, 2020
Ya a boss taking yeeearsss to complete is not good at all, however, they did add a ton of NPC's and a variety of enemies throughout the years. The game is so good I still adore it and I'll keep supporting them on Patreon for sure, but I truly hope there's like one more boss like, waaay later down the line. Focus on polishing/reworking the maps, adding more enemies, etc.

bbadger

Feb 2, 2018
While I won't have animation rips ready for a while, I did go through the audio bank again to grab the new track. I did find two other tracks I didn't notice, however; A track for "Lood City Tower" and, given the name of the files that compose the entire track, a possible track for Bates' boss fight? I've added all three to the soundtrack section of the MEGA archive, give them a listen! Bates' track in particular sounds great so far.

That aside, here's a new save + gallery file for the new build. I'm not sure how you'd transfer it to the Android build, or if they're compatible to begin with. If not, maybe I'll start building that up later for future Android builds.
dude if you don't mind, can u please send me the whole game folder through the drive link? I'm not able to play from the saves, The drive link of the folder that already has the save might be convenient

LGFF

Aug 29, 2020
Download Oh So Hero! v0.19.900:
  • Mirror 1 - MEGA:
    - Windows 64-bit:
    Setup EXE -or- ZIP File
    - Windows 32-bit: Setup EXE -or- ZIP File
    - Mac: Intel -or- Apple silicon (M1, etc.)
    - Linux: ZIP File
    - Android: Standard (x86) -or- ARM64
  • Mirror 2 - Dropbox:
    - Windows 64-bit:
    -or-
    - Windows 32-bit: -or-
    - Mac: -or-
    - Linux:
    - Android: -or-
The developer just drop an android build i hope someone have it and share here
I hope so too.
WAIT WAT

LorshianGO

Jan 4, 2024
Update, i dont know why but when i downloaded t his version Signal doesnt seem to move properly he just stays still or jumping around but he does notn attack me, ofc this is a pre version so it has bugs im just reporting them so you can fix it in the offical version, btw i loved your game its so amazing
i attached a screenshot of the monkeys ltierally just staring at me)

Last edited:

Taskboy

Mar 17, 2021
i think
Update, i dont know why but when i downloaded t his version Signal doesnt seem to move properly he just stays still or jumping around but he does notn attack me, ofc this is a pre version so it has bugs im just reporting them so you can fix it in the offical version, btw i loved your game its so amazing
i attached a screenshot of the monkeys ltierally just staring at me)
is the npc still bugged after the update?

LorshianGO

Jan 4, 2024
i think

is the npc still bugged after the update?
No, i did everything, restart pc, reinstall the game even delete every saved data and start a new game and Signal was still glitched its a pity cuz i dont have all his animations cuz of that
also the games says I missed 2 npcs but i searched all over the map and couldn't find nothing new, i mean is still in development right? so im not expecting a perfect made game, also hope this year they fix everything

PurrUgloin

Aug 29, 2020
i dont know why but when i downloaded t his version Signal doesnt seem to move properly he just stays still or jumping around but he does notn attack me, ofc this is a pre version so it has bugs im just reporting them so you can fix it in the offical version, btw i loved your game its so amazing
Bugs and other thoughts should be given to the actual developers through FF-F's Discord, or social media; I do not believe they check sites like these for anything of the sort. That being said, this issue was fixed in v0.19.300 if I remember right. We're currently on v0.19.900 as of now, which I posted earlier in the thread. The OP of this thread does not get updated very frequently, so you may be playing on v0.19.200.

LorshianGO

Jan 4, 2024
Here we are, with some news and a new build. While it may not contain what you were hoping for, OSH is finally running on Android, it seems!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And the new build itself:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'll be renewing my MEGA subscription today so I can upload the usual to the MEGA archive when I get to it. Don't expect it right away, as I have other things to tend to in the meantime, however.
Thx for the update now the monkey stuff will be fixed, and wow they added new creatures?? wowwww so thankful (if the monkey bug is fixed ill update yall)

4.80 star(s) 22 Votes