4.80 star(s) 22 Votes

PurrUgloin

Aug 29, 2020
The wait for Bates is finally over... Though he's a bit unfinished.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm not going to give an ETA on animations/updates to the usual gallery/archive, but I'll do what I can. In the meantime, here's an updated gallery and save file.

Last edited:

Mork_kai

Mar 24, 2022
The wait for Bates is finally over... Though he's a bit unfinished.
I'm not going to give an ETA on animations/updates to the usual gallery/archive, but I'll do what I can. In the meantime, here's an updated gallery and save file.
You're doing gods work out here, getting updates to all of us. I'm saying this because I wanna make it clear that this next part is by no means directed at you; this is more or less a general rant but

Again, PurrUgloin, Thank you so much for all that you've done; I, as well as everyone else in this thread (hopefully) really appreciate your work in getting these updates to us. It just sucks that the developers are seemingly very half-assed with the whole ordeal - I'm completely unfamiliar with what goes on behind the scenes so there may be some giant fiasco going on but from an outward perspective, it just seems like they're doing the bare minimum per month and just banging out passive, fuckable NPC after passive, fuckable NPC to make it seem like they're doing more work than they actually are.

Reactions: Donkadoo

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
You're doing gods work out here, getting updates to all of us. I'm saying this because I wanna make it clear that this next part is by no means directed at you; this is more or less a general rant but

Again, PurrUgloin, Thank you so much for all that you've done; I, as well as everyone else in this thread (hopefully) really appreciate your work in getting these updates to us. It just sucks that the developers are seemingly very half-assed with the whole ordeal - I'm completely unfamiliar with what goes on behind the scenes so there may be some giant fiasco going on but from an outward perspective, it just seems like they're doing the bare minimum per month and just banging out passive, fuckable NPC after passive, fuckable NPC to make it seem like they're doing more work than they actually are.
I'm not sure why you even mention PurrUgloin in your rant regarding the game.
He's just sharing the game, totally has nothing to do with the state of the development.
You made it sounds like PurrUgloin did something questionable (which He totally didn't).

Again, common practices regarding WIP Crowd-funding games, if you are unhappy with the progress:
  • If you financially supported, just bite the bullet and pulling out, you are not getting the worth back;
  • If you didn't, well that's easy, just enjoy the freebies and move on.
    • Mayyyybe in some distant future you come back and find a completed product (Copium)

KiWolfGirl

Jun 13, 2018
I'm not sure why you even mention PurrUgloin in your rant regarding the game.
He's just sharing the game, totally has nothing to do with the state of the development.
You made it sounds like PurrUgloin did something questionable (which He totally didn't).

Again, common practices regarding WIP Crowd-funding games, if you are unhappy with the progress:
  • If you financially supported, just bite the bullet and pulling out, you are not getting the worth back;
  • If you didn't, well that's easy, just enjoy the freebies and move on.
    • Mayyyybe in some distant future you come back and find a completed product (Copium)
my dude he LITERALLY SAID "its not directed at you and i appreciate you" don't try and start shit with such a bad hot take

Feb 16, 2021
-The build-
HOLY SHIT is that bad. The UI randomly dissapears during the boss battle, no cutscene before the fight (Do they even have a cutscene engine beyond the dialogue boxes? They had an eternity's worth in time to implement that!) and that's kot even Bate's intended Beta? For fuck sake's did they get stuck behind the artist with everything? Did they just not bother programming anything until the graphics were done?

UPDATE: Bates ran offscreen. I doubt he'll come back. This feels like a scam. This happened twice.

UPDATE 2: I've finished the boss. Not that great, especially since "swooning" him is basically worthless between the attack's inaccurate hitbox (Bates' seems to up and vanish whenever he returns from an attack going past the screenborder), and the fact that spamming isn't possible because it just starts a melee combo despite down still being pressed. His attacks are also not something I'd expect from a first boss. He also has this annoying screen-wide firestream attack that's just that bit to high to effectively jump over without basically perfect timing, and loves to spam that thing.
I do love the animation, especially the last part of his submissive one going "! Right, we were fighting."

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 22 Votes