4.80 star(s) 22 Votes

SPACE!man

Jan 3, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To be fair, it's been Christmas and New Year. I'm not exactly surprised they didn't do much given they likely have family or social events to tend to (unlike me, who has no excuse for being a lazy bastard this time of year).

SPACE!man

Jan 3, 2020
I always wonder why devs bother to update the engine they're using in the middle of development. And seemingly on a whim at that.
Because users likely update their players, causing a backwards comparability issue. It happens with Renpy, if you're not using the right version or they're not then the game refuses to even load or just straight up crashes.

It's like Flash Player, you know? People still make Flash animations, they just gotta work around the whole... "No more Flash Player" thing.

KiWolfGirl

Jun 13, 2018
Where i work we keep the engine version of Unity the same for one project (unity makes it easy to have different versions for each project) when we have a solid timeline and we know its going to be one deliverable in the end but if its a much longer project timeline or there are specific features we know are coming, we update the project and keep a backup of the old project. Since unity is so easy to go back and forth between versions now, you can try the new engine to see if there are small improvements or conveniences and if it causes a problem you can go back to the backup build and stick with that version.

Whatyshame

Nov 13, 2019
I appreciate his honesty. In fact, the work he is doing is really badass, all the animation, the characters, as well as the soundtrack and the scenarios of the levels. Now that I started to raise money, it is quite possible that I donate to him, at least something. Seeing all his dedication, in addition to the team, makes me want to participate too, even if it is little.
(Sorry mates, my english is not amazing)

SPACE!man

Jan 3, 2020
But that's not applicable to engines like Unity. Do you have a Unity player installed on your computer?
I'm just going off of how most engines run, mate. I'm a Renpy using myself and there's, naturally, been backwards compatibility issues with modern consoles (same series but new tech). I just figured Unity engines ran the same given they update now and again. Every engine needs to update, it's only fair if there's fuckery caused by it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: 156_163_146_167

succubuslover49

Mar 22, 2018
Hey guys, wondering if anyone could do me a favour. Just upgraded my pc and forgot to backup my saves, does anyone have a save file up to 15.000, looking to play new content but replayed the game less than a month ago so don't really want to have to redo it all again? Thanks

May 7, 2020
Hey guys, wondering if anyone could do me a favour. Just upgraded my pc and forgot to backup my saves, does anyone have a save file up to 15.000, looking to play new content but replayed the game less than a month ago so don't really want to have to redo it all again? Thanks
15.000 and beyond has a brand new save system so your previous save data wouldn't have been compatible anyways.

Reactions: Andrejplaysgames

KiWolfGirl

Jun 13, 2018
But that's not applicable to engines like Unity. Do you have a Unity player installed on your computer?
A lot of unity's infrastructure and back-end tie-ins work directly with OS functions so it's important for them to keep up with the OS that is constantly updating and especially with windows 10 where you cant even decide not to update it normally anymore. There are always possible security holes or optimizations.

Apr 8, 2018
Would anyone like me to make them any animations they like from Oh So Hero! I can make any animations!
To be clear, you mean to take an already existing animation from the game and just make a gif/mp4 of it? Not like take characters from the game and make a new animation of them?

4.80 star(s) 22 Votes