3.60 star(s) 49 Votes

TheBaller99

Mar 3, 2024
Got all the basic UI components and the code behind them to implement game logic and crude ui animations.
Also made some quick placeholder art...
Please ignore the Renpy default frames/fonts/etc. For now I am focusing on de-riskng by implementing the code.
Pretty UI artwork will come later once the game systems are working how I want.

This shit is getting real....

View attachment 3509550
When do you think it will be available to play?

BABaracus

Feb 2, 2018
Got all the basic UI components and the code behind them to implement game logic and crude ui animations.
Please ignore the Renpy default frames/fonts/etc. For now I am focusing on de-riskng by implementing the code.

View attachment 3509550
looks good so far, you stay really faithful to it.. great work

• Red Heart
Reactions: osanaiko

DicksInSpace

Jul 8, 2017

View attachment 3509550
Hope you get some decent art my man

Whisttered

Aug 14, 2021

View attachment 3509550
good luck brother

• Red Heart

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
When do you think it will be available to play?
I really don't have a firm idea. It's been 7 weeks so far (looking at the oldest file in the project folder) and only just now getting part of the UI mechanics working. One thing is true however - now that I've gone public I'm not going to give up easily.

I probably should gauge the appetite for anyone to support this type of "inspired by" project - obviously the OnEdge dev milked lots of money after he abandoned his project without saying anything, so that would leave a bad taste in people's mouths. It certainly made me pissed - it's one thing to quit a project that was not working, but a whole different one to keep taking money when you had no intention of delivering anything. I can say this because I was one of the supporters for a long time... as I said before, this type of game is totally up my "interests alley".

I don't need to do this for income as I have a $DAYJOB$, but I also don't want to be solely funding art creation just for others to get fap happy. So eventually getting some support for artwork costs would be nice.

Anyway, I'm also aware that all of this is still vapourware until I release a demo so there is no point talking about supporters, for now I just have to keep going...

Last edited:

J_Bunny

Jun 5, 2018
I really don't have a firm idea. It's been 7 weeks so far (looking at the oldest file in the project folder) and only just now getting part of the UI mechanics working. One thing is true however - now that I've gone public I'm not going to give up easily.

I probably should gauge the appetite for anyone to support this type of "inspired by" project - obviously the OnEdge dev milked lots of money after he abandoned his project without saying anything, so that would leave a bad taste in people's mouths. I was one of the supporters for a long time... as I said before this type of game is totally up my "interests alley".

I don't need to do this for income as I have a $DAYJOB$, but I also don't want to be solely funding art creation just for others to get fap happy. So eventually getting some support for artwork costs would be nice.

Anyway, I'm also aware that all of this is still vapourware until I release a demo so there is no point talking about supporters, for now I just have to keep going...
Just say the word and I will be your supporter forever! ;)
What about new Patreon(or similar) for this project?

Rakasob

Apr 13, 2019

View attachment 3509550
now we need to add breastmilking to the milking minigame

Reactions: Whisttered

Fistagon77

Jun 28, 2017
so many devs are doing this guys, but the best way to tell if a dev is a scammer dev is to unsub from all devs that make more then one game at once or are involved in more then one game at a time and look at their past history, dont take chances subbing and donating to these talent-less leeches that im pretty sure are using stolen assets or dark labor services then when they run out of it or it becomes too big of an investment to finish just cease updates and start another

Reactions: fireboon

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hey all. I haven't posted for a week as I took a break to finish off the proofreading for "Nothing Is Forever" which is coming up to the next episode release soon.

But I have been making progress alongside that work, and while there is not much new visually, I do have nearly all the mini-game systems working now.

The new stuff since I posted last time is:
- mana (the pink hearts) system is working with debug funcs, although tapping/cooldown is not connected to playing the cards yet
- the concepts of player deck and current hand are working, with shuffle, draw, discard all doing what they should.
- when playing an action card, the effects are all acting on the game state - adding excitement level, and edge level and girl-excitement. Mana cost is working too
- there's an ugly but serviceable display for the available action cards (milking and edging) with their relevant stats showing

I've got some concerns about the way the action queues and UI animation are working, as I can hear the cpu fans spin up whenever the animations are running. But if it proves to be an issue I believe that much of the stuff could be translated into Renpy/Pygame "Creator Defined Displayables" which have far better efficiency.

I continue to be indecisive about artwork - it's a big step to throw down a handful of benjamins on this thing, which up to now has purely been a hobby sideproject. I wonder how much of the appeal of the abandoned original game was due to the boobalicious art of scarlettann... but her prices (and availability!) are definitely out of my reach. Do any of you perverts have suggestions for artists to approach?

dstaley198125

Dec 9, 2018
Hey all. I haven't posted for a week as I took a break to finish off the proofreading for "Nothing Is Forever" which is coming up to the next episode release soon.

But I have been making progress alongside that work, and while there is not much new visually, I do have nearly all the mini-game systems working now.

- mana (the pink hearts) system is working with debug funcs, although tapping/cooldown is not connected to playing the cards yet
- the concepts of player deck and current hand are working, with shuffle, draw, discard all doing what they should.
- when playing an action card, the effects are all acting on the game state - adding excitement level, and edge level and girl-excitement. Mana cost is working too
- there's an ugly but serviceable display for the available action cards (milking and edging) with their relevant stats showing

I've got some concerns about the way the action queues and UI animation are working, as I can hear the cpu fans spin up whenever the animations are running. But if it proves to be an issue I believe that much of the stuff could be translated into Renpy/Pygame "Creator Defined Displayables" which have far better efficiency.

I continue to be indecisive about artwork - it's a big step to throw down a handful of benjamins on this thing, which up to now has purely been a hobby sideproject. I wonder how much of the appeal of the abandoned original game was due to the boobalicious art of scarlettann... but her prices (and availability!) are definitely out of my reach. Do any of you perverts have suggestions for artists to approach?
Just looking at the art for "Kingdom of Passion" it looks like Crizzy-Kun might be a good fit. I have no idea of the pricing though.

sls8181

Sep 21, 2020
For the art, I think at first going AI would allow to have some quality art at a lower price.
Would love to have something in the vein of Of Devotion and Despondence.
Unsure if it would be ok to start from the previous work of Scarlett Ann or the latest comissionned art that stopped because of the ukrainian war if I understood correctly. Should probably contact the author OnEdge if possible.
If everything is in layer, stable diffusion may work don't you think so ?

Reactions: J_Bunny

sls8181

Sep 21, 2020
Hi again,
while digging for the art, I zust saw that there was a free post from the creator on subscribestar, here is a copy of the post
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So I guess the tag "Abandonned" is a little bit unapropriate, it should be "OnHold".

• Haha
Reactions: Jarul and Raoul_Raz

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
sls8181 Thanks for the suggestions, i'll take a look.

So I guess the tag "Abandonned" is a little bit unapropriate, it should be "OnHold".
I think that given the dev has delivered zero updates since 0.2.5 december 2021(!!!), and since then has started and then also abandoned a second game, and for 3 years has only teased a handful of images behind the substar paywall... it seems that Abandoned is exactly the correct description. Note that he has continued to take supporter's money the whole time.

It's amusing to me that the first meaningful update from the dev in 10 (!!) months appeared just a few days after this post: https://f95zone.to/threads/on-edge-v0-2-5-onedge.67597/post-13339169

If my actions somehow cause onedge dev to suddenly reappear and begin dropping releases again, then I would be happy.

In the meantime, i'm gonna walk the road toward the goal I've set myself. And i'm not going to steal/clone any art, that would be uncool.

Rakasob

Apr 13, 2019

Looks like you have to decide if you're a hentai game dev now or just seeing if you can dab on OnEdge coding-side. I'm fine with either out of pure spite for patreon leeches. You could make a page and see if people send bones your way, but the art is the big thing that draws people in the first place.

If you're still unsure, I would say post a tread with your prototype. Maybe someone will conjure up AI magic to put a mishapen skin on the skeleton.

Facilus

Futa/Femboy/T-Girl/Cunny Lover
Donor
Nov 2, 2020
Do any of you perverts have suggestions for artists to approach?
The artists that draws 2D I know that are currently accepting comissions are all japanese(expect fucking censorship in their art) and the western artists that I follow on Twitter are all with comms closed or don't do any comms at all, unfortunatelly.

/Edit
Found one and is a good one to drawn some voluptuous cock sucker that you need for your game

/Edit²
Found two more but one according to his X/Twitter bio, he's opening his comms ''super soon'' so you'll need to keep an eye on him, the other one doesn't especified that he do or not do comms, so you'll need to contact him to discover.
The ''super soon'' dude:

The unspecified comms dude:

Also, open a thread in the General Discusion part for your game development stage to not get nuked by the mods

Last edited:

OvaLoaf

Nov 7, 2020
Where are we at?

I just posted a progress report for Satisfy Him, so I really want to write one here too.

I'm very close to finishing the update for Satisfy Him, which took so long because of the code. However, like I've said before, there's a lot of code that will be transferred directly to On Edge.

I don't remember if I've talked about this, but this is something major so I have to say it: The Scenes Superclass. Basically, it's code that allows me to add and remove scenes, which have their own layers. Why is this important? Because the gloryhole will then take just a little bit of time to make, as the depiction of the images (code-wise) is already done on Satisfy Him!

I know it's taken (too) long but I will come around. I'm almost done with the Satisfy Him update, and next up is finishing the gloryhole minigame, so I can post it (on its own) before I work on the story, which will also have some changes. I'm more than eager to finish that!

As far as the gloryhole is concerned, it has had a ton of work done to it, and it will be unrecognizeable compared to the previous state and the bugs it had.

I don't want to take too much of your time reading this, as what I wanted to say is that I am still working constantly, and I can't wait to finish this too so I can show it to you guys. I can only hope that through my work you will understand why it took so long.
Taken from Subscribestar.

Who's willing to bet we'll see the update in 2025?

• Sad
Reactions: ssaawwdd

sls8181

Sep 21, 2020
Hi,
while browsing for finding new art, I found a japanese DAZ artist who unfortunately allegedly died.
He provided his blender models and was usually focus on anal. He namely did a tifa deepthroat video.
I will have to edit this post when I find the link.
Did not see any handjob, hand movement though

(EDIT) the link
https://f95zone.to/threads/pangxxx-collection-2023-06-25-pangxxx.72079/
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Have a nice day.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: DicksInSpace
3.60 star(s) 49 Votes