3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

kileos123

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2018
Bugfixes 1.6
I could not recreate the bug where you get an exception because your pleasure reaches max, but I have good reason to assume it's because of a new ability. I'm pretty sure that I forgot to create a default for a variable and that's the problem, but then I don't know why I wasn't getting the error? Anyway sorry the the inconvenience, overwrite these into the folder named game and it should work fine maybe I hope.

If you have downloaded 1.6a you only need custom screens.
edit 1: Battle needed to be fixed again.
Edit 2: Found one, lucky is a trait that equips like a skill. Fixed it with the addition of custom_screens.rpy. Note that if you have lucky equiped as a skill you will need to equip a skill over it to fix it.
Edit 3: God has left, their is no saving us now. May you forgive me for my sins, and may you never have to look at my code. I wish I could tell you why the characterizes broke, but I can't. I've done horrible things to the rewind button. I've changed the custom_screens.rpy, I hope I fixed it, even at the cost others had to pay.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1happyday

Ferb1550

Aug 16, 2018
I keep getting the "I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred" error. It's really annoying in particular because I get it when I try to increase my characteristics so I'm stuck.

kileos123

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2018
I keep getting the "I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred" error. It's really annoying in particular because I get it when I try to increase my characteristics so I'm stuck.
Would you mind copying the trace back and posting it so I can fix it easier. I don't know why but I can't recreate these new bugs in my dev mode.

makaiforce

Nov 26, 2017
i got those errors on 1.5 version when i try to get speed more than 7. just pick max 7 and no more errors.

KarloffMummy

Jun 24, 2018
If I start a new game then I get an "Exception occured" error message when I try to upgrade my characteristics. One of the four characteristics will fail, it seems which one depends on my initial strength and weakness selection.

kileos123

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2018
If I start a new game then I get an "Exception occured" error message when I try to upgrade my characteristics. One of the four characteristics will fail, it seems which one depends on my initial strength and weakness selection.
Could you post the trace back so I can fix it please? It seems to be an error that is common but I can't replicate in dev mode.

KarloffMummy

Jun 24, 2018
Could you post the trace back so I can fix it please? It seems to be an error that is common but I can't replicate in dev mode.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for a good game with nice progression!

kileos123

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2018

Thanks for a good game with nice progression!
So, the first error should be fixed in the skills.rpy, place it into the 'game' folder and overwrite. The second error, however, is totally and completely fucked. I've no idea why. That variable does exist, I've been using it since day 1. You are not the first person to have this error and I've been able to replicate it somewhat/not exactly/completely different. I have no idea why or how. I think maybe the files corrupted while I was building it?! Whatever the case I'm currently uploading a newer version onto mirrors with some bugfixes and fixed image names. If, god forbid, the bug continues, I have no idea what to do about it besides creating another variable with the same use, just like, idk, player_smart?

Crimson Fire

Mar 12, 2022
I really wonder about developers sometimes. lets make a fap game where you are actively punished for having sex. WTF? Seriously why the fuck would any developer do this? The game isn't balanced at ALL. The mechanics keep giving errors. How about you make a game where having sex isn't a game over or results in critical errors.

• Haha
Reactions: lnppo

KarloffMummy

Jun 24, 2018
So, the first error should be fixed in the skills.rpy, place it into the 'game' folder and overwrite. The second error, however, is totally and completely fucked. I've no idea why. That variable does exist, I've been using it since day 1. You are not the first person to have this error and I've been able to replicate it somewhat/not exactly/completely different. I have no idea why or how. I think maybe the files corrupted while I was building it?! Whatever the case I'm currently uploading a newer version onto mirrors with some bugfixes and fixed image names. If, god forbid, the bug continues, I have no idea what to do about it besides creating another variable with the same use, just like, idk, player_smart?
Bad news. I still get the error in the updated version :(

KarloffMummy

Jun 24, 2018
Bad news. I still get the error in the updated version :(

I did some more testing: it seems the error message only shows up if I distribute level points to too many separate Characteristics. I can avoid the error message by upgrading one Characteristic then go back. Then go into Characteristics and upgrade another trait. Go back, and so forth.

kileos123

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2018
I did some more testing: it seems the error message only shows up if I distribute level points to too many separate Characteristics. I can avoid the error message by upgrading one Characteristic then go back. Then go into Characteristics and upgrade another trait. Go back, and so forth.
I've no clue on how to fix it. The error says that a variable doesn't exist but you can clearly see and test that it does. For now, I'm guessing that it'll be a frustration for everyone until I do but I can't right now. Thanks for your help in identifying and testing it though, appreciate it.

Johor1

Nov 9, 2018
Is it in a function? You may need to define it as a global variable, so that it's seen elsewhere in the code.

kileos123

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2018
Is it in a function? You may need to define it as a global variable, so that it's seen elsewhere in the code.
The part that irks me is that it's inconsistent. As Karloff has been kind enough to do some testing, it only happens when you place points into too many characteristics at once. Even worse is that it works perfectly for me so I can't try and mess around with it. Edit: also not in a function.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote