fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Except that you have choices that at least accumulate points (or don't), so unless those end up being completely useless this would not be a kinetic novel. Just because some activities (like visiting the brothel) are apparently required for the main plot / story doesn't mean there aren't any choices.
That's true, I guess I use the word kinetic somewhat loosely.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Except that you have choices that at least accumulate points (or don't), so unless those end up being completely useless this would not be a kinetic novel. Just because some activities (like visiting the brothel) are apparently required for the main plot / story doesn't mean there aren't any choices.
the problem is - there is just too many "activities being apparently required for the main plot".
putting aside that those activities make little to no sense in that regard imo, it is already red flag of rookie dev having hard time putting it all together.
hopefully he will improve later, as for now there is just too many fake/no choices pointing to KN direction.
my opinion ofc, i know there are many players perfectly fine with similar gameplay
for example even those complains are almost exclusively related to unavoidable sex in the whorehouse (which is dumb scene surely), while unavoidable sunny (virgin chick) no one is mentioning (well, besides me) - because, ya know - whores-bad, virgins-good.

Reactions: Majindevil

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
the problem is - there is just too many "activities being apparently required for the main plot".
putting aside that those activities make little to no sense in that regard imo, it is already red flag of rookie dev having hard time putting it all together.
hopefully he will improve later, as for now there is just too many fake/no choices pointing to KN direction.
my opinion ofc, i know there are many players perfectly fine with similar gameplay
for example even those complains are almost exclusively related to unavoidable sex in the whorehouse (which is dumb scene surely), while unavoidable sunny (virgin chick) no one is mentioning (well, besides me) - because, ya know - whores-bad, virgins-good.
I'm not saying requiring things like sex in the whorehouse are a good idea by the dev. IJS that unless the points end up not mattering at all, it's technically not a kinetic novel. The original suggestion was that the tag be added, which wouldn't be following F95's rules. That's really all I was meaning to say.

Sababukin

Modder
Nov 4, 2022
MultiMod for the game that includes:
Walkthrough Mod.

Cheat Mod:
Change girls and mans stats.
Ability to change the first name and the last name of the MC.

Mod button attached to (quick menu).

LINK
Have fun!

Change Log:
2023.03.31 - version 0.4.0

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
A common "snake oil cure" in the 1850's for syphilis the ignorant/desperate common folk believed was to fuck a virgin. So much so that sometimes parents in the cities would pimp out their daughters for 50-100x the going rate of a regular teen prostitute. And then hire a skilled seamstress to stitch her hymen back together so she could be repimped as a "virgin" several times. Of course this almost always resulted with the girl getting syphilis with her first John to pass it on to the next few Johns.
I've never heard this before. This doesn't mean it's not true, of course, but this is the first description of this I've seen.
I remember reading a book back in the day (the old school kind made of paper) called The Great Train Robbery. No idea when it was published (probably long before I read it in the 1990's) but it's set in 1856 (irrc) and in one scene one of the protags went through exactly that.
Hopefully you read about this elsewhere, because I don't think I'd trust some single novel to be reflective of reality. James Fennimore Cooper wrote that Hawk-eye and company could use the hole left in the fog from a cannonball to find their way to the fort. I would never assume a writer's work reflects reality unless it's specifically a historical account or other nonfiction book with references to back up the facts / claims made.

NathanD7

Jun 30, 2018
Played it, was nice at the start. The whole no choice to ignore any of the women is a huge disappointment. Would like to have the choice, else just remove all choices and add the kinetic novel tag.

Reactions: Majindevil

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I'm not saying requiring things like sex in the whorehouse are a good idea by the dev. IJS that unless the points end up not mattering at all, it's technically not a kinetic novel. The original suggestion was that the tag be added, which wouldn't be following F95's rules. That's really all I was meaning to say.
yeah, i know, my point (in disguise) was that this looks like a KN in disguise, for now.
ofc this isnt KN officially, as there are some choices, nevertheless how important or not those could be.

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
I have three different mc's making different decisions in the storyline. Yet Moving Beyond Childhood Friends and Sunny Needs Some Relief are still locked in the Replay Gallery. What am I not doing right?

Reactions: desertpirate00

scooterman

Nov 4, 2020
I'm guessing rpath = revenge path since your getting angry at Will...not sure of the other two...

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
On the Prairie [v0.7.0] Unofficial Android Port + \FOXBOT/'s Multi Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 752mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Last edited:

AdultFunGamer

Jul 22, 2022
View attachment 1700967

Overview:
On the Prairie is a choice-based visual novel set in the Old West. You play as a young man whose parents were tragically murdered when you were a child. Raised by a close friend of the family, he must find his way in this harsh world and deal with his tragic past. You will guide this young man through the choices that will shape his life and those around him.​

Thread Updated: 2023-03-30
Release Date: 2023-03-30
Developer: The CapnGames -
Censored: No
Version: 0.4.0
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -
Others:
ANDROID* - COMPRESSED*

Extra:
Multi Mod

*This version is not realesed by developer, download at your own risk

View attachment 1700973 View attachment 1700974 View attachment 1700975 View attachment 1700976 View attachment 1700977 View attachment 1700978 View attachment 1700979
Is there a possibility that the game will have an inc patch in the future. According to the story it would go. A few small changes for a little forbidden fun.
The story is interesting as it continues and who the killer is. And the renders are so good, especially the background with the mountains. Reminds me of playing Fallout and The Last of Us.

:) :unsure:

AdultFunGamer

Jul 22, 2022
I could imagine another version where things get even nastier. But probably that would fall under censorship. I think I'll sign up for a Patreon membership to maybe animate the dev to implement a few wishes. Even if very few developers do that... who knows. I already have a few tags in mind. It's set in the wild west. Aunt Faye and Sunny could be Mom and Sis too. The old preacher and in the saloon could be old man tag and yeah now it's getting pervy...it's on a farm there's something else :LOL: . Everyone can now imagine that for themselves. But I've never seen anything like this in a game that has such good renders and such a story.

3.90 star(s) 16 Votes