Sep 3, 2018
Was there a balance pass at any point? I found the grinding a pain and the battles could often be overtuned, but that was more than one update ago.

Anyway, the story and art are amazing and Ulfina is the most adorable wolfgirl ever. Perhaps even the most adorable one possible.

gobmob

Sep 24, 2018
Hi, just downloaded the game, and first thing i notice is that i am unable to save my game. Is there any way to fix this?

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Hi, just downloaded the game, and first thing i notice is that i am unable to save my game. Is there any way to fix this?
When you get into your subsection, it's the second from the right, the one before the X it looks like a feather pen.

Crow Lotus

Oct 18, 2018
MAJOR SPILERS AHEAD POSSIBLY!!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!!

I don't get it about this game. I got to the "Final Dungeon" but I'm missing all kinds of quests and have no idea how to even complete them. Below is the ones I'm stuck on. Is there some kind of strategy guide to help me through it? I have spent countless hours trying to figure them out on my own but no luck. Also, my characters can't "master" their base class for some reason.

Hoodton Drinking Challenge
The Blight
Big John
Hoodton's Fundations
The Wolf League
Exploring Hoodton

Any help or pointing me in the direction of a guide would be greatly appreciated.

nikkunamesu

Dec 26, 2019

I don't get it about this game. I got to the "Final Dungeon" but I'm missing all kinds of quests and have no idea how to even complete them. Below is the ones I'm stuck on. Is there some kind of strategy guide to help me through it? I have spent countless hours trying to figure them out on my own but no luck. Also, my characters can't "master" their base class for some reason.

The Blight
Big John
Hoodton's Fundations
The Wolf League
Exploring Hoodton

Any help or pointing me in the direction of a guide would be greatly appreciated.
IIRC those are post-game quests. There's a guide somewhere in this thread explaining how to do them

Layban23

May 15, 2021

The Blight
Big John
Hoodton's Fundations
The Wolf League
Exploring Hoodton

Here you go.

Reactions: Crow Lotus

Goi

Nov 18, 2017

The Blight
Big John
Hoodton's Fundations
The Wolf League
Exploring Hoodton

for the last part the core archetypes have skills locked behind later stuff before you can buy them, that walkthrough does mentioned it I think and if it doesn't at the bottom of the page will be a link to skills and archtypes that does

Hoodton Drinking Challenge is not postgame entirely(but does have a section in post game section of said walkthrough) you basically have to go around and drink at places

NotWarlock

Sep 24, 2017
Man there are unfun level of grind in the post game, everything up to that is fine but I literally went into the save files more than doubled my level in the second ice queen fight (Which was the next one up according to the stars) and still she fucking wrecked me. Never have I lost interest in seeing the rest of the story in a game so fast.

• Haha
Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Man there are unfun level of grind in the post game, everything up to that is fine but I literally went into the save files more than doubled my level in the second ice queen fight (Which was the next one up according to the stars) and still she fucking wrecked me. Never have I lost interest in seeing the rest of the story in a game so fast.
So you cheated and still lost? Lmao that's hilarious thanks for making my day. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I have only 2 words of supreme wisdom to share with you regarding that fight.

Git gud.

NotWarlock

Sep 24, 2017
So you cheated and still lost? Lmao that's hilarious thanks for making my day. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
Yeh, went from like level 32 to 70 to see how much I would have to grind to actually win the fight, she still oneshot hood in a tankier archtype, I played catchup a bit and then she threw 3 storms in a row and nuked the team. At which point I realized that I was going to be spending the rest of the god damn year grinding exp and dropped the game. Wtf kind of difficulty spike is that if I am supposed to be able to trust the difficulty markers on the quests?

nikkunamesu

Dec 26, 2019
Yeh, went from like level 32 to 70 to see how much I would have to grind to actually win the fight, she still oneshot hood in a tankier archtype, I played catchup a bit and then she threw 3 storms in a row and nuked the team. At which point I realized that I was going to be spending the rest of the god damn year grinding exp and dropped the game. Wtf kind of difficulty spike is that if I am supposed to be able to trust the difficulty markers on the quests?
IIRC the lvl cap is 40, so maybe the cheat didn't work

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Sierra Lee is known to enjoy trolling people in her games, so it could be that she put a trap in the game for people like you who cheat.
For example it could be that if you went above level 40, which is the max level in this game, this would trigger something.
Something like the bosses becoming unbeatable. :sneaky::coffee:
Or perhaps the game is simply not optimized to deal with anything above level 40.

At any rate this game is very well balanced, so if you can't defeat something then you may be missing gear or skills or something.
Or maybe you just suck. :sneaky::coffee:
I don't remember ever having trouble anywhere except the arena, and even there just a tiny bit of trouble.
So this game can definitely be completed without cheats. :whistle::coffee:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Sierra has a habit of putting cheat traps in her games for people that get carried away.

Level cap is 40 so you went wayyyyy over so it's likely she made the encounter OP for you.

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Yeh, went from like level 32 to 70 to see how much I would have to grind to actually win the fight, she still oneshot hood in a tankier archtype, I played catchup a bit and then she threw 3 storms in a row and nuked the team. At which point I realized that I was going to be spending the rest of the god damn year grinding exp and dropped the game.
As another poster pointed out, the level cap is 40, so if raw power was the answer, 70 should be plenty. I checked my old saves and it seems I beat the postgame Snow Queen at an average party level of 31 (replayed the fight just now). That suggests that what you are missing is not grinding exp, but some issue of tactics or prep. Some ideas:
  • You keep getting bodied by magic spells - have you tried maintaining 2 layers of the Woodsman class's Fearless Aura?
  • You get hit with 3 things in a row - have you tried increasing your party's speed, and/or knocking the boss back a little in the turn order with (Impact) Wink whenever Ingrid has nothing better to do?
  • Are the ice spells freezing you? There is gear that resists that.
  • You lose a lot of HP - do Ingrid and Hood have the Wave of Healing skill from the Grandmother class, and are you aware that magic power buffs improve healing as well as attacks?

Goi

Nov 18, 2017

is a video on someone who beat it at 39 and shows up the equipment and more important skills they used and is part of walkthrough that was made

looking at my own saves I was 36 when I did it and had almost every skill unlocked thanks Ingrid for summoning wolves in southwest of Grimm wasteland

Will say getting the archtype skills is a big help

3.70 star(s) 22 Votes