VN Ren'Py Abandoned Once Upon a Time in Dream Town [Ch. 5 Add.1 - SPECIAL EDITION] [VIGOR]

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes

VIGOR GAMES

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2021
Hi everyone!
I have very important information. Please treat this with care and understanding.

The last two special edition releases of our game were thrown out here before they were released on schedule on our Patreon and Boosty. Many of you were very happy and thanked those who did this... And we don't mind, we don't mind that you saw it ahead of time and it's good that you were happy)
But there is one caveat - these two releases broke our planned schedule for the release and production of new chapters, and also greatly damaged our monetization... And what you were so excited about actually made it very difficult to release and shoot new chapters. At the moment we do not have the level of support that will allow us to produce new releases. We can no longer add money from our family budgets to shoot like we did before. The game should pay for itself.
Compared to other games here, we really have very high production costs and in order to be able to consistently and regularly release new chapters, we need more than 200 Patreon supporters, and now there are not even hundreds of them. Although, judging by the statistics only from our file sharing sites, each new chapter is downloaded in total by several thousand people... such a paradox. It is very difficult to support a project if it brings in about $300 per month (with such an income we can shoot new chapters only once every three months), considering also the fact that the dollar in our country has fallen very much lately.

At the moment, we already have the script for the next update fully written and ready to shoot, and we planned to shoot it in July, but due to the support suffered from those well-wishers, monetization did not allow us to shoot in July. But we will shoot this episode anyway, the only question is "when?".
Therefore, I have a request for everyone here who likes our game and who is waiting for updates - support us on our Patreon and Boosty now so that in August we can shoot a new episode.
When the last two updates were thrown out here, a lot of people were happy about it, but for some reason, few decided to support us. We do not feel sorry for releasing special editions to the public, but then you will support us, because it breaks our income very much. So if you have long wanted to support our game, but are waiting for a special moment, then NOW is the very moment when your support is very necessary if you want us to continue our story!

Thank you all for your attention, I hope for your understanding and loyalty.
Good luck to all! AND PEACE!

trolger

Dec 8, 2020
For me your main problem is this nonsensical support level structure.
I can get the game for $2.
For $5 I get the game and can take part in polls, which is useless. So this is not interesting for me.
For $10 I get extra pictures. So I have to pay 8$ more for the game and then get a few extra pictures every 2-4 months. But I have the feeling that I'm missing out on something because:
I can get extra pictures for $25. How many? Every few months 1-2? and again I get the feeling that I'm missing something, because:
For 50$ I get extra pictures.

This is insane. 50$ to finally get everything. Has anyone ever paid for that? and if so, why do you set up levels that maybe pay 1 or 2 supporters and then give everyone else the feeling that they don't get everything despite their loyalty? That demotivates. That's way too much and since I already have the feeling that I'm missing out on something in all tiers, I'd rather just take the $2. And because many (most) do that or are even completely deterred and don't pay anything at all, you only have so little income and can only bring an update every few months, which means that even more supporters drop out.

Stop the nonsense. Change the structure to 1 level for 5-7$ where you get everything and that's it. Then brings out a real update every month and write something on Patreon at least 2-4 times a week. If you don't bring now anything for months, the game is dead. If you want to save it, you have to win back the trust of the supporters and bring a new big update in 2-4 weeks at the latest, because otherwise 50% of your remaining supporters will soon be gone .

kzaazul

Aug 4, 2020
For $5 I get the game and can take part in polls, which is useless. So this is not interesting for me.
For $10 I get extra pictures. So I have to pay 8$ more for the game and then get a few extra pictures every 2-4 months. But I have the feeling that I'm missing out on something because:
I can get extra pictures for $25. How many? Every few months 1-2? and again I get the feeling that I'm missing something, because:

This is insane. 50$ to finally get everything. Has anyone ever paid for that? and if so, why do you set up levels that maybe pay 1 or 2 supporters and then give everyone else the feeling that they don't get everything despite their loyalty? That demotivates. That's way too much and since I already have the feeling that I'm missing out on something in all tiers, I'd rather just take the $2. And because many (most) do that or are even completely deterred and don't pay anything at all, you only have so little income and can only bring an update every few months, which means that even more supporters drop out.

Stop the nonsense. Change the structure to 1 level for 5-7$ where you get everything and that's it. Then brings out a real update every month and write something on Patreon at least 2-4 times a week. If you don't bring now anything for months, the game is dead. If you want to save it, you have to win back the trust of the supporters and bring a new big update in 2-4 weeks at the latest, because otherwise 50% of your remaining supporters will soon be gone .
Yeah. Piracy may be hurting your monetization but, if you have to shoot the scenes and there are multiple versions of everything, shit must get expensive really quickly. To have access to the actual game, supporters should be paying a bit more.

Reactions: Sombramain22

monkeymmm

Dec 27, 2017

so, you are subscriber right?

Dippy2

Jul 3, 2018
I used to be a subscriber way back when the project started, was even one of the higest tier ones. But their wasn't much communication or benifit so I slowly downgraded my subsription until i just cancelled it altogether in one of the phases where their is no communication. Not seen anything to make me belive this will change yet.

I like the project and want to get behind it again but I have no faith in getting value for money at the moment. When I was a fully signed up high tier subscriber I think I saw like a couple extra topless images in the couple of months I was. Then apart from that there was no benifit or interation from the creators. This compare to another game I know subscribe to which I started off at a fairly low standard level, but the creator put out so much extra content and interactions for his patreons I actually upped my level voluntary with no extra bonus.

If you want the project to suceed you gotta give way more time to interacting with everyone. That includes the non-patreons and the ex-patreons like myself. Generate some excitement and passion for the game. Reading constant posts about how the project will fail unless people support you just makes me more hesitant to invest as sounds like the game is going to die anyway and I don't hear anything to say otherwise.

The prices are too high and the content you do have gets stretched really thin across all the tiers. If i wanted to pay for 30+ for a couple of topless images a month there are a lot better places I can get it.

Make a standard tier affordable (like 5-10) with all the content you guys have (and more), actually use and interact on the patreon and telegram. You can just have volunteer higher tiers, if people can and want to they will pay for that.

If you can do that I would probably sub again, but not seen it yet.

neronxx

Jul 2, 2021
Hi everyone!
I have very important information. Please treat this with care and understanding.

The last two special edition releases of our game were thrown out here before they were released on schedule on our Patreon and Boosty. Many of you were very happy and thanked those who did this... And we don't mind, we don't mind that you saw it ahead of time and it's good that you were happy)
But there is one caveat - these two releases broke our planned schedule for the release and production of new chapters, and also greatly damaged our monetization... And what you were so excited about actually made it very difficult to release and shoot new chapters. At the moment we do not have the level of support that will allow us to produce new releases. We can no longer add money from our family budgets to shoot like we did before. The game should pay for itself.
Compared to other games here, we really have very high production costs and in order to be able to consistently and regularly release new chapters, we need more than 200 Patreon supporters, and now there are not even hundreds of them. Although, judging by the statistics only from our file sharing sites, each new chapter is downloaded in total by several thousand people... such a paradox. It is very difficult to support a project if it brings in about $300 per month (with such an income we can shoot new chapters only once every three months), considering also the fact that the dollar in our country has fallen very much lately.

At the moment, we already have the script for the next update fully written and ready to shoot, and we planned to shoot it in July, but due to the support suffered from those well-wishers, monetization did not allow us to shoot in July. But we will shoot this episode anyway, the only question is "when?".
Therefore, I have a request for everyone here who likes our game and who is waiting for updates - support us on our Patreon and Boosty now so that in August we can shoot a new episode.
When the last two updates were thrown out here, a lot of people were happy about it, but for some reason, few decided to support us. We do not feel sorry for releasing special editions to the public, but then you will support us, because it breaks our income very much. So if you have long wanted to support our game, but are waiting for a special moment, then NOW is the very moment when your support is very necessary if you want us to continue our story!

Thank you all for your attention, I hope for your understanding and loyalty.
Good luck to all! AND PEACE!
I said it before
You are very weak in marketing and you don't know how to manage it.
I think you should follow the examples of successful games in attracting supporters

bodyharvest

Feb 26, 2018
I used to be a subscriber way back when the project started, was even one of the higest tier ones. But their wasn't much communication or benifit so I slowly downgraded my subsription until i just cancelled it altogether in one of the phases where their is no communication. Not seen anything to make me belive this will change yet.

I like the project and want to get behind it again but I have no faith in getting value for money at the moment. When I was a fully signed up high tier subscriber I think I saw like a couple extra topless images in the couple of months I was. Then apart from that there was no benifit or interation from the creators. This compare to another game I know subscribe to which I started off at a fairly low standard level, but the creator put out so much extra content and interactions for his patreons I actually upped my level voluntary with no extra bonus.

If you want the project to suceed you gotta give way more time to interacting with everyone. That includes the non-patreons and the ex-patreons like myself. Generate some excitement and passion for the game. Reading constant posts about how the project will fail unless people support you just makes me more hesitant to invest as sounds like the game is going to die anyway and I don't hear anything to say otherwise.

The prices are too high and the content you do have gets stretched really thin across all the tiers. If i wanted to pay for 30+ for a couple of topless images a month there are a lot better places I can get it.

Make a standard tier affordable (like 5-10) with all the content you guys have (and more), actually use and interact on the patreon and telegram. You can just have volunteer higher tiers, if people can and want to they will pay for that.

If you can do that I would probably sub again, but not seen it yet.
Amen! couldn't agree more.
Their communication is really bad. Between December and March there was nothing.. nothing! No time to write even one sentence about what's going on? Also, payments were not stopped during this time, something many other developers do. And lately there's only been whining about the lack of money. They ask for more patereons or higher tiers? I am increasingly inclined to cancel my subscription.
I mean, for example, take a look at X3rr4, the creator of Hanna Futile Resistance. They posts like crazy on patreon, almost daily. Sometimes even several times a day! Now I understand that it's very different for them, they create renders and has nothing to do with planning and doing photo shoots. But still... communication!

VIGOR GAMES

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2021
Fish_lip
Joe Steel

What should I answer here? I read every message. There were no specific questions for me. Everyone wrote their opinion on this matter and I agree with many. What is there to add?))
Regarding communication, I always write in the last posts on our Patreon and Boosty that I am always ready for communication and that people write questions in the comments, I call for communication. But almost no one writes))) For some reason, everyone prefers to communicate here:)
Of course, I can comment on every message left here, but what's the point in trying to convince people? The only thing I can do now to convince someone is to release a new update))

The only thing I can clarify is to answer Mr. trolger to his phrase "I can get the game for $2" - You can't buy the game for $2 as the game is FREE! All levels of support are exactly those levels of how much you like the game and how much you are ready to support us, while receiving some additional bonuses. And I immediately agree with those who say that lately there is not enough bonus content - this is due to the fact that we have not conducted new shooting for a long time and we don’t have much left)
I also agree with those who say that sometimes our communication is lame and it is probably worth putting more emphasis on communication, conducting various polls and voting. We will try to fix this as soon as possible.
And I would like to say thanks to Dippy2, he supported our game almost from the very beginning and we are sorry that we disappointed him in some way. He wrote a helpful comment. We will try to do more and we will be glad if someday he decides to return to us))

And sorry for not doing instant replies here. It’s easier for me then to make an answer about everything in one big message like this.

WakamoSato

Jan 9, 2021
Well, I really enjoyed what you have going here so far. Sadly I'm not able to support financially at the moment, that whole Corona thing hit me pretty hard, but I'll get back on my feet and hopefully be able to give more than moral support.

Fish_lip

Mar 21, 2022
Fish_lip
Joe Steel

What should I answer here? I read every message. There were no specific questions for me. Everyone wrote their opinion on this matter and I agree with many. What is there to add?))
Regarding communication, I always write in the last posts on our Patreon and Boosty that I am always ready for communication and that people write questions in the comments, I call for communication. But almost no one writes))) For some reason, everyone prefers to communicate here:)
Hey Vigor,
It's about marketing- managing expectations, and going where your possible supporters are. It's great that you have a preferred way to communicate, but if you're trying to grow an audience, go to where your audience can be found.

Try just interacting once or twice a week, rather than only interacting when you are appealing for cash- if you agree with a post say it, even if there's nothing new to say. Don't get baited by trolls or people you don't agree with- Royarus has handled a few very well. All this will help build relationships, and may encourage people to spend a bit of their money with you.

Maybe take a look at how BaldGamer or Neptuno interact with their audience on the forum for some pointers - I'm not a creator, so they may have some more relevant experience.

Good luck, keep going.

lucian9

Dec 5, 2019
Hey, I am no subscriber, on any game here. I wait for the public release and make my comments on constructive basis ( plot, development, renders etc) in order to give a useful feedback. this game is totally different because it is built with real people as models and that means payments. Two people can make a digital game, one makes renders and the other the plot, but this needs actual people so more mouths to feed. So, although I do not support financially the project hence do not complain, I do support them morally on this. It's so much more difficult what they are trying to do here, so much more original. There are games in here that have been running for years, collecting money on the idea that sooome day the MC is going to have sex, with 234567383864738 paths almost impossible to follow and updates that consist of ONE render after 3-4 months. This here is a project, not a game and I really hope they keep it up. Anyone who has ideas on how to make their marketing and communication better, if they like the project, should help.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Fish_lip
Joe Steel

Of course, I can comment on every message left here, but what's the point in trying to convince people? The only thing I can do now to convince someone is to release a new update))
You don't have to sell me on your project, as you well know. But I do think that you'd get a lot more support if you dedicated yourself to communicating, say, once a week or once a fortnight, rather than waiting for questions. A lot of people don't know what to ask, and others only want to ask questions about your models that you can't answer for privacy reasons.

What you can write about, though, is the process of making the game that you are making. You have a unique process and people want to know more about it. What inspired your story? How did you choose your actors? What are some of the problems that you've run across trying to get everyone together at the right time? How many pictures do you take in a session, and how many do you use? How do you decide which ones to use? What sort of input do the various people involved have? Do you ever do retakes? What do you use for sets? Etc. These are the kinds of details that draw others into your project, by making it an understandable process rather than (as now) pretty much a black box.

Don't talk about all of that at once. Pick a topic and go into it in some detail (three or four paragraphs). Do that often enough and you'll see people much more sympathetic to your goals. I don't want that more than you do, but I do want to see it because I want your project to succeed.

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes