Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I guess Skyrim ruined that name for me. Everytime I see it in an AVN I hear the words "I'm sworn to carry your burdens" and I have a yearning to yeet her off a mountain with a dragon shout.:LOL:
It's 2024 I'd prefer an Eldritch Blast from BG3, but I suppose that's been in table top for a while too! :p

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I'd still be playing Skyrim if my SSD didn't bork out late last year and I lost all my mods. Tried to get them all back but finally said fuck it and gave up.
That sucks, because getting the load order right and getting it all to work can take some time even if you did get them all back.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

New ODAAT Ch. 17 Release Window

As per the poll done with high tier patrons who would have gotten Ch. 17 on April 30th if I could have gotten it ready by then. I am comfortable in saying now, that it's going to be a release in the first half of May.
Why am I giving a release window and not a date? Because, we're gonna go old school with this one and I'm just going to put it out whenever it's done. Rather than setting an arbitrary date I think it will be done by. That's fine under normal circumstances and what I'll continue to do in the future, but I wanna get this one to you guys the minute I know it's complete and ready for release.

That is all, bet you didn't think I could write a post that short!

Enjoy the promo image for Ch. 17. I actually like this one quite a bit. As always hope you are all doing well. Cheers!

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Should I put something in the OP about if people don't like Pop culture references don't play? I mean, I don't think there's nearly as many as the people in reviews would like to say, but should there be a warning? IDK at least the last two reviews were positive in the way they explained themselves. I just think they went a little too far with saying it's in every conversation, because it most certainly is not.

I don't think making a warning would matter, so I'm not sure why I'm asking even. Cheers ya'll, working on polishing and Ch. 17 and beta testing as we speak. It's sad because many of you like the references, but I get dinged for them by others (the vocal minority).

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Should I put something in the OP about if people don't like Pop culture references don't play? I mean, I don't think there's nearly as many as the people in reviews would like to say, but should there be a warning? IDK at least the last two reviews were positive in the way they explained themselves. I just think they went a little too far with saying it's in every conversation, because it most certainly is not.

I don't think making a warning would matter, so I'm not sure why I'm asking even. Cheers ya'll, working on polishing and Ch. 17 and beta testing as we speak. It's sad because many of you like the references, but I get dinged for them by others (the vocal minority).
Maybe? TBH I don't get many past the 80s and early 90s, but it doesn't really decrease my enjoyment.

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Maybe? TBH I don't get many past the 80s and early 90s, but it doesn't really decrease my enjoyment.
It's really just something for flavor, and I honestly don't even like every movie or pop culture thing I reference, but people assume that I do because I have to because I wrote it. I've specifically looked up stuff I'm not into, so it's not all coming form me even. Thanks for your review BTW.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

Like I've said previously, it isn't the frequency of them that bothers me personally, but the fact that everyone seems to do it. If it was a quirk of MC and Lydia's relationship, that would be characterisation, showing that they do everything together and have a lot of the same tastes. When everyone does it though it doesn't work like that, especially when it's people like Kayla or Shelley that he's known all of five minutes.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Like I've said previously, it isn't the frequency of them that bothers me personally, but the fact that everyone seems to do it. If it was a quirk of MC and Lydia's relationship, that would be characterisation, showing that they do everything together and have a lot of the same tastes. When everyone does it though it doesn't work like that, especially when it's people like Kayla or Shelley that he's known all of five minutes.
Okay, that's your opinion and I respect it. But, to say the whole game is like that and that's all there is in the game. Which is what these people are saying is absolutely ludicrous. There's like two to three of those per update. Also MC and Shelly mostly talk about soccer/football and if there's been a movie reference with Kayla, there's only been a few if one or two maybe. But, I'm not going to argue with you about it. I didn't ask if it worked or not for someone personally, I asked if I should put something saying there's pop culture references.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Should I put something in the OP about if people don't like Pop culture references don't play?
In my opinion there's no need for it. People will always complain about everything. How many disclaimers should one put in the OP to prevent it? In the end one should have to write a full synopsis (which no one would read) to tell what one can expect from the AVN. But where's the fun in exploring a new game when one know all about it before even installing it?

Reactions: Zoey Raven

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Okay, that's your opinion and I respect it. But, to say the whole game is like that and that's all there is in the game. Which is what these people are saying is absolutely ludicrous. There's like two to three of those per update. Also MC and Shelly mostly talk about soccer/football and if there's been a movie reference with Kayla, there's only been a few if one or two maybe. But, I'm not going to argue with you about it. I didn't ask if it worked or not for someone personally, I asked if I should put something saying there's pop culture references.
I probably said it before but MOST of the reviewers are worthless.

Newbies will not know, of course, but after enough time here I think it sinks in that decide on your VNs/Games with other criteria because the reviews are PLAGUED with inane parties saying worthless drivel.

Make what you make and what you like, it will show to the correct people and everyone else does NOT matter.

IMO

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I probably said it before but MOST of the reviewers are worthless.

Newbies will not know, of course, but after enough time here I think it sinks in that decide on your VNs/Games with other criteria because the reviews are PLAGUED with inane parties saying worthless drivel.

Make what you make and what you like, it will show to the correct people and everyone else does NOT matter.

IMO
This is true, I was just wondering if a warning would make some of the tools not even play it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jaw1986baby

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Just saw something that made me laugh and totally relates to this movie quotes thing people get butt hurt about!

So, I was watching a music documentary and it showed an intro to a Foo Fighters show (not even a band I really like they were just in the documentary). Anyway, Dave Grohl gets up on stage and before he blasts into the first song he says \"We are the Foo Fighters and don't worry we play both kinds of music Country and Western!

Now, should the 80% of people who were at the concert that hadn't seen the Blues Brothers or weren't even alive when it came out just left the show because that went totally over their heads? But, it was hilarious to the ones who had seen the movie. Made me laugh out loud in my chair!

My point is, they were probably turning to the person next to them and asking what the hell he meant, and those who didn't care just didn't care and went on with their lives. But, it had no affect I'm sure on how they did or did not enjoy the rest of the concert.

I think some people here (not most in this thread) are truly butt hurt when something in the game goes over their head. So, just thought I'd share that, because that's an extreme example where a LOT of his audience probably didn't know what it meant. Ok, back to work for me! Cheers!

Last edited:

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Just saw something that made me laugh and totally relates to this movie quotes thing people get butt hurt about!

So, I was watching a music documentary and it showed an intro to a Foo Fighters show (not even a band I really like they were just in the documentary). Anyway, Dave Grohl gets up on stage and before he blasts into the first song he says \"We are the Foo Fighters and don't worry we play both kinds of music Country and Western!

Now, should the 80% of people who were at the concert that hadn't seen the Blues Brothers or weren't even alive when it came out just left the show because that went totally over their heads? But, it was hilarious to the ones who had seen the movie. Made me laugh out loud in my chair!

My point is, they were probably turning to the person next to them and asking what the hell he meant, and those who didn't care just didn't care and went on with their lives. But, it had no affect I'm sure on how they did or did not enjoy the rest of the concert.

I think some people here (not most in this thread) are truly butt hurt when something in the game goes over their head. So, just thought I'd share that, because that's and extreme example where a LOT of his audience probably didn't know what it meant. Ok, back to work for me! Cheers!
I like movie quotes in things. If I do not get it, it makes me look it up to understand it. Might be funny, might not be, but at least my eyes were opened to something different.

4.50 star(s) 129 Votes