Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I don't get away with anything.

My likes to post ratio should tell you that as well as how long I've been a member. My review was an accurate reflection of how I saw your game two beautiful junkies living in a well kept apartment sleeping with beautiful women.

It just seemed a delusional take on junkie life especially as someone who has had someone close to them go through a similar experience please don't take my criticism so personally I have my feelings others can have theirs. My feelings and impression of this game are in the review if a mod wants to delete my review they can but I won't.

I will stop posting in this thread if it bothers you to the point of wanting to leave
Then you have no idea what the difference is between low bottom and high bottom junkie's, and yes your review was nonsense, and you know exactly what you're doing. Sad thing is people will support trolls because there are more of you out there that think it's funny. In all likely hood you are a failed developer with a dummy account. Either why you hide your profile so people cannot access your other shit posts. Fine, you don't like by game move on. But, making a review with blatantly inaccurate information just to take a dump on 8 months of someone's work is pretty abysmal for anyone.

Reactions: Walter Victor
Jul 6, 2021
Those pictures were of meth users rather than heroin addicts. The characters in the story haven't gotten to the point of being on the street, prostitution, long term jail, etc. The maker of the game personally went through this. I worked at a treatment facility and there were plenty who never reached that point. I'm guessing troll reviewer only knows about it through media portrayal.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Then you have no idea what the difference is between low bottom and high bottom junkie's, and yes your review was nonsense, and you know exactly what you're doing. Sad thing is people will support trolls because there are more of you out there that think it's funny. In all likely hood you are a failed developer with a dummy account. Either why you hide your profile so people cannot access your other shit posts. Fine, you don't like by game move on. But, making a review with blatantly inaccurate information just to take a dump on 8 months of someone's work is pretty abysmal for anyone.
I took your criticism to heart and cleaned up my review and further expounded on my thoughts. I wouldn't have said it was a troll job but it certainly was lower effort then many of reviews I mainly just posted my thoughts without going into greater detail as to why. So I fixed that.

This will be my last post on the thread because honestly because what I have played I don't see me being interested in further versions and while I have heard of high functioning alcoholics I haven't heard of many high functioning habitual users of hardcore drugs maybe they are out there but my family member certainly wasn't one and my guess for the vast majority of users their life unravels fast.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I took your criticism to heart and cleaned up my review and further expounded on my thoughts. I wouldn't have said it was a troll job but it certainly was lower effort then many of reviews I mainly just posted my thoughts without going into greater detail as to why. So I fixed that.

This will be my last post on the thread because honestly because what I have played I don't see me being interested in further versions and while I have heard of high functioning alcoholics I haven't heard of many high functioning habitual users of hardcore drugs maybe they are out there but my family member certainly wasn't one and my guess for the vast majority of users their life unravels fast.
Maybe someone will make a low bottom junkie game for you some day then, or you can just watch the news. I wanted to depict my own experience and that of others I know in recovery that didn't have to go to the lengths you mentioned to get clean.

Last edited:

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Maybe someone will make a low bottom junkie game for you some day then, or you can just watch the news. I wanted to depict my own experience and that of others I know in recovery that didn't have to go to the lengths you mentioned to get clean.
There are two movies from the late 50's early 60's, that depict alcoholism. "Lost Weekend" and "Days of Wine and Roses". Personally I think that the second does a better job than the first, perhaps because it deals with an alcoholic couple when only one is able to eventually recover. What is interesting is that both movies underwent a firestorm of criticism before their central message began to be heard. Now they are viewed as ground breaking for their time.

Always lots of resistance to depictions of the various truths about addiction. Everyone's bottom is different. Everyone's. That said a bottom is a bottom, and they all have the same effect. They motivate the addict to change. Comparing the trips of various addicts to find their bottom is POINTLESS. Relate don't compare.

Stay with your vision Zoey, it's valid and, I suspect, helpful to other far beyond your greatest hope.

Jul 6, 2021
There are two movies from the late 50's early 60's, that depict alcoholism. "Lost Weekend" and "Days of Wine and Roses". Personally I think that the second does a better job than the first, perhaps because it deals with an alcoholic couple when only one is able to eventually recover. What is interesting is that both movies underwent a firestorm of criticism before their central message began to be heard. Now they are viewed as ground breaking for their time.

Always lots of resistance to depictions of the various truths about addiction. Everyone's bottom is different. Everyone's. That said a bottom is a bottom, and they all have the same effect. They motivate the addict to change. Comparing the trips of various addicts to find their bottom is POINTLESS. Relate don't compare.

Stay with your vision Zoey, it's valid and, I suspect, helpful to other far beyond your greatest hope.

TBH heroin is though a LOT worse than alcohol. You can't be a social heroin user. Fentanyl has kicked the danger WAY up. Agree, keep with the vision. Trolls suck.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
TBH heroin is though a LOT worse than alcohol. You can't be a social heroin user. Fentanyl has kicked the danger WAY up. Agree, keep with the vision. Trolls suck.
Completely agree. I never intended to imply that alcohol was remotely similar to heroin.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019

I couldn't agree with you more, but some dude slamming my game because that was not his experience isn't very kind. I would never do that to someone else's work. I would respect that that was their experience. But, some people cannot be and are not worth reasoning with. Days of Wine and Roses is a must view for any addict IMO. They actually showed it one of the times I went to treatment.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I couldn't agree with you more, but some dude slamming my game because that was not his experience isn't very kind. I would never do that to someone else's work. I would respect that that was their experience. But, some people cannot be and are not worth reasoning with. Days of Wine and Roses is a must view for any addict IMO. They actually showed it one of the times I went to treatment.
The end of that movie is a heart punch. How helpless someone's loved ones are when they aren't ready to quit.
Thanks for the way you share here and in your game. I suspect revisiting pieces of your past isn't easy. I doubt you'll ever know the scope of the good you're doing.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Days of Wine and Roses is a must view for any addict IMO. They actually showed it one of the times I went to treatment.
I had the great good fortune to see not only that movie, but the original Playhouse 90 TV teleplay. Both are terrific viewing experiences. I doubt that the TV version is available anywhere though. The story depicts perfectly how addiction tears people apart. It's not for people who want things to resolve happily for all.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
It depends man, if I would have just kept drinking and not graduated to Heroin. I may not have gotten to recovery as fast as i did. Alcohol takes a LONG time to kill you, but it does the job just as effectively. Actually you can die from Alcohol withdrawl, but it's rare with Heroin. So while I agree with you overall, booze is nothing to snoff at. Especially for a hardcore alcoholic. I've seen them come into the rooms with "wet brain", meaning it's robbed them of significant cognitive function permanently. In fact my sponsor has done both and always ended up back at alcohol. He says he'd take heroin detox any day over delirium tremens.

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Update post from Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dev Update #21 (Progress)

Audrey looks very happy to be on a date with you...

Just a quick check in. At five weeks development we are at 1705 renders and 6 animations. We are currently sitting at 5500 lines of code, so this will be another big update. I've got a scene and a half left to do and then testing. That includes 2 or 3 more animations. Good news is we're close. Bad news is, I don't think I can get all that done by the end of the month, and polish it the way I want too. The last scene is very important to the game and I refuse to rush it. As always I want to be up front and transparent with you guys. Taking the time off I needed to take for myself is probably the reason why, I wouldn't change that decision though . We will also still come in under 2 months from the last public release. So, I guess I shouldn't be down on myself, I'm just used to over-delivering, and this time that's not going to happen. Anyway, hope you guys like this one, things are starting to come to a head for our MC, and will even more in the next update, which will be set up by this one. Hope you are all doing well, this will be the last dev update before release. Cheers!

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
To be fair, in the 90's it was Sega Genesis time baby
No see, my rig is even older! LOL What's funny about that post is it's the only post the person has ever made. So someone made an account just to make a post about my renders. Which IMO, just because they're not flood lit like every other game and I've gone for a more realistic art style it's the way it is. Truth be told your average person would not know good render if it hit them in the face, and that's not to put anybody down, it's just a fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: Resch

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
No see, my rig is even older! LOL What's funny about that post is it's the only post the person has ever made. So someone made an account just to make a post about my renders. Which IMO, just because they're not flood lit like very other game and I've gone for a more realistic art style it's the way it is. Truth be told your average person would not know good render if it hit them in the face, and that's not to put anybody down, it's just a fact.
:lepew: I don't get why someone would lurk in a thread where they were so upset with something they literally created an account just to make one shitpost... Weird to me

Now I will say art is subjective, because some of what I find to be great looking can be different from others. But speaking to a technical aspect of scene framing and lighting and setting a tone I agree that very few know what is what. But I have seen that go hit or miss, some look great and some, while very technically good, just don't do it for me. You know what I mean?

That being said, I do not find anything I personally dislike about your art or style. I just have to take your game slowly because it is a heavy subject, well done so far, but none of the girls hit as many of my "likes" as other games and I come to it between other catching up.

But keep up the good work. People will like the story you have to tell and most of the quick FAPs move on. Only a handful of trolls stick around to grief everyone but sadly it seems like they infect every thread.

PEACE

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
:lepew: I don't get why someone would lurk in a thread where they were so upset with something they literally created an account just to make one shitpost... Weird to me

Now I will say art is subjective, because some of what I find to be great looking can be different from others. But speaking to a technical aspect of scene framing and lighting and setting a tone I agree that very few know what is what. But I have seen that go hit or miss, some look great and some, while very technically good, just don't do it for me. You know what I mean?

That being said, I do not find anything I personally dislike about your art or style. I just have to take your game slowly because it is a heavy subject, well done so far, but none of the girls hit as many of my "likes" as other games and I come to it between other catching up.

But keep up the good work. People will like the story you have to tell and most of the quick FAPs move on. Only a handful of trolls stick around to grief everyone but sadly it seems like they infect every thread.

PEACE
I didn't want all my girls to be drop dead gorgeous I wanted them to look like nice looking people. Someone you might actually find in the world more than once a week. So, that was a conscious choice as well. That being said I love all my models, but that's probably because they're mine. I didn't want to use the 10 everyone else uses just because they're the hottest.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I didn't want all my girls to be drop dead gorgeous I wanted them to look like nice looking people. Someone you might actually find in the world more than once a week. So, that was a conscious choice as well. That being said I love all my models, but that's probably because they're mine. I didn't want to use the 10 everyone else uses just because they're the hottest.
I think you succeeded. I really like how the characters look. They look like human beings, rather than sculptures which is the case in many other games. I especially like how Lydia look.

Reactions: Zoey Raven
4.50 star(s) 129 Votes