Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I'd definitely go for her, unless as in game she had a BF and especially if she was an active addict. If she was in recovery, fine but an active addict SO is bad news. She might kill or rob you for a fix.
Luckily it will all be ok in the end in my game, how we get there however. Don't be surprised if I throw you some twists. Gotta keep it real, there are a few coming in this update. Just to tease it a bit.

Reactions: bacienvu88

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Luckily it will all be ok in the end in my game, how we get there however. Don't be surprised if I throw you some twists. Gotta keep it real, there are a few coming in this update. Just to tease it a bit.
Good. Don't want it to be too easy for them. And I trust you to write something that makes sense and not just some random asshole hellbent on destroying the MC and/or his LI:s for no discernible reason as is seen in so many other VNs.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Good. Don't want it to be too easy for them. And I trust you to write something that makes sense and not just some random asshole hellbent on destroying the MC and/or his LI:s for no discernible reason as is seen in so many other VNs.
That thought never even entered my mind. But, it's funny to hear you say it because I've seen it myself as well. LOL No, this is going to be about the real shit that happens when you get sober. It's not easy, even once you have. Plus I've got the Junkie path to finish up in the next few updates. That won't be pretty, but it will give the MC a kick in the ass some people need to get sober. Personally I got Sober the way the MC does on the Sober path, but some people need an "Experience" to do so.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
That thought never even entered my mind. But, it's funny to hear you say it because I've seen it myself as well. LOL No, this is going to be about the real shit that happens when you get sober. It's not easy, even once you have. Plus I've got the Junkie path to finish up in the next few updates. That won't be pretty, but it will give the MC a kick in the ass some people need to get sober. Personally I got Sober the way the MC does on the Sober path, but some people need an "Experience" to do so.
And that is one of the reasons I love this game. I think it is great that the antagonist isn't a person, but rather the drug.
Also, I only mentioned that particular plot element because I'm kind of tired of it in VNs. Although now that you mention it it probably fits this game more than most. :)

omahan3

Jul 13, 2018
This may be the most well-written game I have ever come across. The characters all seem real, and I care about all of them. The Elsaverse games by Tlearo and Mortze used to be the games in which I was most invested in the characters, but this one trumps them easily. The writing just comes across as honest and from the heart.

I say this as someone who is privileged enough to have never been nor had anyone I was close to affected by addiction: Thank you. I appreciate you sharing, not necessarily your exact experience, but a realistic one. Congrats on your 13 years!

ps: I have been a big fan of your guides for a while as well, please keep doing what you are doing here!

Reactions: Zoey Raven

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Yo dev what's up with the android version?.. Installed it and everything but after it shows the "renpy" loading screen the game crashes and shows an error message?

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Yo dev what's up with the android version?.. Installed it and everything but after it shows the "renpy" loading screen the game crashes and shows an error message?
I didn't make it but I'll ping the android porter. Also is this a new save? ShaddyModda can you help him?

Resch

Feb 4, 2020
I didn't want all my girls to be drop dead gorgeous I wanted them to look like nice looking people. Someone you might actually find in the world more than once a week. So, that was a conscious choice as well. That being said I love all my models, but that's probably because they're mine. I didn't want to use the 10 everyone else uses just because they're the hottest.
That was a great idea and one of the many reasons I love the game. I don't want the unicorn type girls or guys in the games. I love art that is more realistic to someone's real world experience. Especially when a game is set in this type of story. Obviously I want to see beauty, but I want realistic beauty and you nailed it.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
About 1-2 weeks for the next update, I think.
Zoey said it will be "before the two-month mark" in patreon a few days ago.

So, all we can do is wait to play with Lydia's cans the next update.
Kudos to the developer for not rushing an important scene.

I didn't want all my girls to be drop dead gorgeous I wanted them to look like nice looking people. Someone you might actually find in the world more than once a week.
Eh? If in your city you meet such girls on the street regularly, I want a ticket for there. These are WAY ABOVE average women. Some have that earthly, 'pretty girl next door' look, but they are not the average girl next door. They are the girl next door to the guy everyone calls damn lucky.

And some are drop-dead gorgeous.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Great game so far, I love the relationship MC and Lydia have, like they constantly trash each other but neither can live without the other, they got a special kind of bond and the love is evident

It would be cool if the dev could make a chapter dedicated to the MC and Lydia, explaining how they met, how they started dating/fall in love and most importantly how they started using H..clearly those two have been through a lot even before the events of the game takes place and it would be cool to see all of that shit which lead up to them being where they currently are

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Great game so far, I love the relationship MC and Lydia have, like they constantly trash each other but neither can live without the other, they got a special kind of bond and the love is evident

It would be cool if the dev could make a chapter dedicated to the MC and Lydia, explaining how they met, how they started dating/fall in love and most importantly how they started using H..clearly those two have been through a lot even before the events of the game takes place and it would be cool to see all of that shit which lead up to them being where they currently are
An entire chapter on how they met is a bit too much.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
An entire chapter on how they met is a bit too much.
I thought I went into pretty good detail about that when they were in the park in Ch. 5 I think. I've thought about doing some flashback stuff like that at some point, but certainly not a whole chapter.

Last edited:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I thought I went into pretty good detail about that when there were in the park in Ch. 5 I think. I've thought about doing some flashback stuff like that at some point, but certainly not a whole chapter.
Short flashbacks now and then sounds better to me.

Reactions: underoath27
4.50 star(s) 131 Votes