Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Since it's been asked several times, and I've answered it in different places. I'm going to answer it again for everyone. I have no idea how many chapters we are going to end up with in One Day at a Time, and I don't really have a better answer than that. I just don't work that way where XYZ is going to happen here before I start the beginning of the game.

I have a list of things that will happen in the next update. And I also have a list of things that need to happen before the game is completed. That's the way I outline, it gives me more room to create within that structure. I know some people are much more rigid about it, which is fine if that works for them. But, doing it this way allows me personally, to be much more spontaneous. Cheers!

Last edited:

Asmodeus88

Oct 29, 2017
View attachment 3680873

Link to original post on patreon:

What's that up top? Just a quick check in!

As you can see we have the banner for the next game, and there will also be a new main menu soon! How cool is that!?

These are of course my images, but I have to give credit to my friend Lady Aspen for putting this together! Her GFX photoshop skills along with the other programs she uses are second to none, and I'm very grateful for her help. The depth of her knowledge is something that's not needed to produce quality game images and promo's. But, for something like this it's invaluable!

Hope you guys are enjoying/enjoyed Ch. 17! I'm just writing to let you know I'll be taking my standard weekish off before I start in on Ch. 18. I debated doing the first Chapter of ODDAT: The Production, but we've just got too good of momentum going with One Day at a Time right now for me to justify it. I don't know how many more update cycles I can go through without doing it though. If I do end up making the first chapter for the new game before One Day at a Time is completed, it will be with the caveat that says "This game will not get regular updates until One Day at a Time is complete".

So, anyway, lot's of things spinning around in old dudder's head (if you haven't seen the Big Lebowski do it now)! But, for now it's on to Ch. 18! The first dev update will be on Wed. June 12th!
As always, hope you are all doing well, cheers!

P.S. - I'll post the new Main Menu for ODAAT: The Production as soon as I get it!

Shameless self promotion! :)
Is the new game going to be Two Days at a Time?

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Since it's been asked several times, and I've answered it in different places. I'm going to answer it again for everyone. I have no idea how many chapters we are going to end up with in One Day at a Time, and I don't really have a better answer than that. I just don't work that way where XYZ is going to happen here before I start the beginning of the game.

I have a list of things that will happen in the next update. And I also have a list of things that need to happen before the game is completed. That's the way I outline, it gives me more room to create within that structure. I know some people are much more rigid about it, which is fine if that works for them. But, doing it this way allows me personally, to be much more spontaneous. Cheers!
It works for you. For some devs they fuck around with variables so old saves don't work every so many times. I stop playing those.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
It works for you. For some devs they fuck around with variables so old saves don't work every so many times. I stop playing those.
Yeah I dumped a lot of mods and walkthroughs that did that. I realize these games are works in progress. But, when you have to start from scratch every single time that's a pain in the ass.

Now if it's because of a bug and maybe you got to go back one chapter and skip back through, that's fine. But if the developers deliberately tearing their game apart to build it over again every single update. Then, that's a pain in the ass. In fact, I promised I wouldn't do anything like that until the game was completed, and even when it is I don't see myself doing any of it. It's not fair to the player.

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Something else that's going on is there are just a flood of games now and 90% of them are garbage cash grabs. It's bad for developers doing quality work and it's bad for players trying to find quality work. It also means when our games finally do end up here we're lucky to get 12 hours on the first page of Latest Updates when it used to be an almost guaranteed 24 (don't get me wrong any advertisement is good advertisement however...). But I suppose this is a digression on the state of VN's, so I'll stop.

Last edited:

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Something else that's going on is there are just a flood of games now and 90% of them garbage. It's bad for developers doing quality work and it's bad for players trying to find quality work. It also means when our games finally do end up here we're luck to get 12 hours on the first page of Latest Updates when it used to be an almost guaranteed 24 (don't get me wrong any advertisement is good advertisement however...). But I suppose this is a digression on the state of VN's, so I'll stop.
speaking off updates is there a public release for v.17 or is that what you mean with general release on patreon?

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
speaking off updates is there a public release for v.17 or is that what you mean with general release on patreon?
General release is $3. The first season is free, that's the public release. Why? Because while I certainly pirate games to check them out or mod them myself, I also support developers I find worth while. Not to mention not everybody knows about or trusts this place and would rather get the game directly from the developer.

So, as I said in a previous post. You'll have to either get it off my patreon or another platform I sell the game on. Or wait for it to leak here. Which inevitably happens at some point.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
General release is $3. The first season is free, that's the public release. Why? Because while I certainly pirate games to check them out or mod them myself, I also support developers I find worth while. Not to mention not everybody knows about or trusts this place and would rather get the game directly from the developer.

So, as I said in a previous post. You'll have to either get it off my patreon or another platform I sell the game on. Or wait for it to leak here. Which inevitably happens at some point.
thanks for the reply
a reasonable reason for your setup i was just kinda confused about the general release term because for some devs that means public release

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
thanks for the reply
a reasonable reason for your setup i was just kinda confused about the general release term because for some devs that means public release
Yeah, I couldn't really think of a better one than that. Something more fitting. Actually, I think I stole that from another developer to be honest with you. One that their general release is also their bottom paid tear.

Reactions: HiHaHo

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Well I was about to turn my phone to silent mode, and I thought I'd look on here one more time. And, it appears the chapter 17 ship has landed. Told you it always happens eventually. Hope you guys like this one, I really enjoyed making it. Even though it was a bumpy ride at times due to COVID and all that crap.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
underwatersparkle Keep trolling my posts and leaving mad faces and I'll report you to the mods again. Or you know you could get a life and just stop. Just for some context for everybody else, we're talking about the same person who wrote the elementary school review I got taken down, and mad faced the OP before they did so. Now they're mad facing my posts in the thread. I'm kindly giving them the opportunity to stop now. I hope he or she takes it. Oh yeah and just out of curiosity, why do you hide your profile from everyone?

Last edited:

shadowskill11

Oct 23, 2017
Will this game let me attempt to steal copper from high voltage power lines while dressed in Crocs and dishwashing gloves? Can I steal a large display screen from a McDonalds and sell it on Craigs List for heroin?

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
I am playing the compressed version, but the nearly all the sex scene in ch.17 is having all black scene without images.

Last edited:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Paris May 2024.jpg

What do we think of this naughty girl right now? I'm not even sure myself! :)

Hope you enjoyed seeing the human side of Paris in the last update a little more and why she's so messed up. Remember we voted for her to get sober if you don't choose the relapse path option (which as I said will be optional even if you qualify for it). Wonder what the other girls are gonna think about her content in Ch. 17 (trying to not get too specific, so I don't spoil for anyone who hasn't had a chance to play it yet). Enjoy the image!

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I am playing the compressed version, but the nearly all the sex scene in ch.17 is having all black scene without images.
I'm not really firm with compressing but black screens shouldn't be there. Do you play on Android? I've read somewhere that sometimes some compressings didn't worked well on Android.

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
I'm not really firm with compressing but black screens shouldn't be there. Do you play on Android? I've read somewhere that sometimes some compressings didn't worked well on Android.
I found out that there is a missing folder for ch17 in the animation folder. Since the animation is missing, black screen appear instead. Just hope for a quick fix.

Reactions: VOYEUR
4.40 star(s) 133 Votes