5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

thalendir

May 27, 2018
Is there another One Piece game here?
I don't know if I should answer in an [Abandoned] game thread, but yes to answer your question there is another OP based game around Here

Not a big fan myself, I found the art was more promising here as that other one mostly throws sprites we've seen in well-known games but you'll make yourself an opinion.

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
I don't know if I should answer in an [Abandoned] game thread, but yes to answer your question there is another OP based game around Here

Not a big fan myself, I found the art was more promising here as that other one mostly throws sprites we've seen in well-known games but you'll make yourself an opinion.
Many thanks. By the looks of it, this one has better art. Still, a One Piece game like this is such a rarity that i take what i can get :)

Heranwen

May 3, 2021
Did the OP mark this thread as "ABANDONED"? Does this mean the game isnt getting an update anymore?
They closed their patreon without any previous announcement, caughting everyone by surprise, and no one could contact them after that. I assume the mods marked the thread as abandoned since apparently it's the case.

Reactions: Third Leg

patousakia

Jun 13, 2021
also we have a discord server with a small fanbase community of the game

LustWorks

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Hello guys! I want to apologize. We closed the patreon page because we didn't want to charge the patrons anymore. As you know, there was a problem with the translator and that's why the game was delayed for so long. But that wasn't the only problem!

I didn't mark the thread as abandoned, the moderators probably did that. The game is not abandoned, but just took a break. Why? Far from your eyes, the game had a darker history...many quarrels, many staff changes, many delays, many ideas that have been abandoned... I couldn't take it anymore and I hoped that the last change of staff, the one in which a new artist was brought in, would change things for the better...but it wasn't like that. I had a fight with the last artist based on her pay... in short, she wanted more than I could give her. So she chose to leave. And that's how I was left without an artist...

Why did I close the page? I was too ashamed of the current situation. There were too many delays, too many promises that were not fulfilled to you and our patrons and I felt bad to postpone the next update.

"But wait, you could have made a post telling patrons you'd be late again, instead of closing the page"

I could have. But before I made many posts like that and I could not do one more knowing that it was getting harder to keep the game alive.
So I chose to close the whole page... I no longer wanted patrons to pay for something that had the last update many months ago, for something that was shaking from the ground and was not sure that it would continue in its current state.

I'm sorry I let you down. I assume the loss of the patrons who have supported us so far and to whom I thank enormously, those patrons with whom I no longer have the courage to talk to them, because I have disappointed them more.

But there's a good side to this whole story. I won't give up this game. I will return to it later this year, after making sure that I find an artist who will keep up with the job and with whom I will be able to publish the updates in time.

Therefore please, if you know artists or if you yourself are artists who want to help this project, you can contact me.

Heranwen

May 3, 2021
Hello guys! I want to apologize. We closed the patreon page because we didn't want to charge the patrons anymore. As you know, there was a problem with the translator and that's why the game was delayed for so long. But that wasn't the only problem!

I didn't mark the thread as abandoned, the moderators probably did that. The game is not abandoned, but just took a break. Why? Far from your eyes, the game had a darker history...many quarrels, many staff changes, many delays, many ideas that have been abandoned... I couldn't take it anymore and I hoped that the last change of staff, the one in which a new artist was brought in, would change things for the better...but it wasn't like that. I had a fight with the last artist based on her pay... in short, she wanted more than I could give her. So she chose to leave. And that's how I was left without an artist...

Why did I close the page? I was too ashamed of the current situation. There were too many delays, too many promises that were not fulfilled to you and our patrons and I felt bad to postpone the next update.

"But wait, you could have made a post telling patrons you'd be late again, instead of closing the page"

I could have. But before I made many posts like that and I could not do one more knowing that it was getting harder to keep the game alive.
So I chose to close the whole page... I no longer wanted patrons to pay for something that had the last update many months ago, for something that was shaking from the ground and was not sure that it would continue in its current state.

I'm sorry I let you down. I assume the loss of the patrons who have supported us so far and to whom I thank enormously, those patrons with whom I no longer have the courage to talk to them, because I have disappointed them more.

But there's a good side to this whole story. I won't give up this game. I will return to it later this year, after making sure that I find an artist who will keep up with the job and with whom I will be able to publish the updates in time.

Therefore please, if you know artists or if you yourself are artists who want to help this project, you can contact me.
I'm glad that you didn't give up yet. I really enjoyed the game.

I was going to say there is an option on patreon that suspends the billing cycle but I saw your post on patreon about it, so good to see the page is up again.

Yo_da

Jul 21, 2020

Hey just wanted to say I appreciate you still willing to work on the game in the future despite all the problems; also I dont know them personally but maybe you try contacting someone called alias artworks ( ) I've seen an animation or two they did and they might be able to match the artstyle of the game. Also I'd recommend making a post on R/funpiece on reddit if their rules allow it to start asking around about interested animators if you haven't: good luck friend!

Mahotw

Jun 24, 2021
Why's the new version afte 0.4a not out yet??? I've been waiting an eternity
Pls release it fast

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes