RPGM Onyx 2.0, or remastered, or something... [Chapter 3] [Samuelstangerous]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

GordeFaust

Sep 21, 2018
This is a literal first for me... I tend to have certain genre's I don't like but can get past if just one or 2 are in the list but, not only have you included 7 in your list, 3 of my least favorites are actually the first 3 on your list. I am very thankful for the immediate warning.

• Haha
Reactions: samuelstangerous

kcoope89

Sep 29, 2017
I don't have one planned but if you're willing to do me a solid and test it I can always deploy the game for Mac and we can see what happens? I'm not against trying other platforms but I can only have access to windows myself.

Sure send it over!

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
samuelstangerous At first i think i saw something about gold like mining it,is this a feature? Because i havent found any pickaxe or hits on how to do it.

Two problem i want to adress is first that its hard to tell what objects are interactable,like i missed the orb at first and without dialogue hint and that there is too much grind,5 gold per battle and they go bc of the dialogue and slopy animation more slowly.A fix would be to add either item drops or/and add a feature where if you clear a room of them you can mine,after you finish you get some metals with chance for gold and the room fills with the demons again.

May 17, 2019
samuelstangerous At first i think i saw something about gold like mining it,is this a feature? Because i havent found any pickaxe or hits on how to do it.

Two problem i want to adress is first that its hard to tell what objects are interactable,like i missed the orb at first and without dialogue hint and that there is too much grind,5 gold per battle and they go bc of the dialogue and slopy animation more slowly.A fix would be to add either item drops or/and add a feature where if you clear a room of them you can mine,after you finish you get some metals with chance for gold and the room fills with the demons again.
you can turn the dialogue off with the item "walt's gift" i think, it should be in the key items

Choo-choo

Aug 8, 2017
game restarts my computer, only me or someone else have same problem? Sometimes bluescreen of death windows or simply freeze with reboot :(

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
you can turn the dialogue off with the item "walt's gift" i think, it should be in the key items
Thats not the problem i was adressing mainly tho,i talked about the grind,even with walt's which i did use it still feels too slow.

Battler-kun

Dec 30, 2020
My ONLY gripe is that scenes literally end before anything happens. For example: the footlicking scene literally ends in one line, like not even one cg of him actually licking it just cuts to her stuffin him in. Like cmon that sht seriously blue balled me....... View attachment OIP.jfif

• Haha
Reactions: Choo-choo

Altru

Lover of Giantesses
Donor
May 14, 2018
Hah, I mean what I'm hearing is "stange I'll teach you some renpy if you wanna teach me some Daz." If that's the case I got you man. It'll be a bit until I'm ready to start working in a new engine, but if you ever take another shot at Daz let me know. It can definitely a bit much to start with. I mean, my first game came out 4 or 5 years ago? Granted I've been dormant for awhile and all, but still poked around at learning Daz throughout those years.

I mean, Onyx will have more vore in similar ways. I personally like throwing the player into her stomach and making copies of the enemy to devour you in some way. Let me spitball a possible gameover idea for the future. Player is vored, awakens in stomach again but instead of an enemy pushing you down to drown by ass or feet, she just lays her larger body on you. Then add a POV of lips the size of player's head pinning you down under stomach acid while she makes comments like "See, you don't taste so bad. Just needed a bit of marinade." Or something to that effect with a fade out to black.
But that idea has wiggle room to be changed. I'll see what I can do when I get to it. Aside from that there will still be vore throughout the games don't worry. Vore scenarios are a bit easier for me to get right. When I get to kinkier stuff I'll hopefully get a discord up and we can shoot around some ideas there. But for now, let me know what ya think.
Oh no... I think what the problem is I was trying to learn RenPy at the same time I started to dabble in Daz, which trying to learn two new programs was what added to the overwhelmingness of it... I really don't see myself doing anything in Daz, at least for the time being... I'll stick with 2d, at least that's something I can do, sort of...

As far as RenPy is concern, I'm not strong on that either... the only thing I'm really good at is modifying Ruby scripts and scripting events in RPGM which I can do like a boss now. I haven't migrated to MV only because javascript is also above me... I'm just an old dog who's fed up with having to learn new tricks...

Well, I think the one thing that devs run into when trying to run vore scenarios, is they make it quick... like, the game over comes upon sticking the prey in the stomach or other locations, depending on what the vore fetish is. But, they don't realize, that the dialog between pred and prey, is a significant part of the experience... the whole degradation of the soul, per say... where the pred humiliates and taunts the player, for being in their stomach, become their snack meal, I'll keep your soul inside me to torment for an eternity, etc... Or the fact that the player can still struggle to escape, however fruitless it would be, from inside the pred... so much elements are lost when the dev has the player swallowed and they end the game there. It's the build up... just like how you build a sex scene, there's foreplay between the player and the partner, a lot of touch and whispering, dirty talk, more touching, eventually you get to the sex and the finish... you then have the after sex cuddle. A vore scene should be built around the same premise. This way, the player can actually get something from the scenario, versus feeling empty and unfulfilled in a game over scenario...

Anywho, I'm kind of ranting at this point... at any rate, you scenario you spit ball has merit, by bringing another into the stomach to mess with the player further, is certain a thing to do.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Choo-choo

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
@samuelstangerous
Im glad you responded and not arrogantly either as some devs do,yes the mining ideas especially since your in a cave and with minerals/ore veins and other things in there mining should be a must have in your game,this along with other features would make your game so much more interactable and give something else to do,it could also be the way to gain some very rare items like in other rpgs which rewards exploring and doing sidequests/other things than rushing the main quest line.

I hope that you will also consider making fights unique as you mentioned at the end,can you elaborate on what you have in mind to make them unique? My suggestion would be to look at other games like Tower of Trample,Desire Domination Banished and maybe a little bit at Succubus Covenant,etc.

Also have you made a lore for the game? This game is interesting so far and this engine i like since it reminds me of old rpgs but i have no idea what is going on and many things are happening.
Like who are those demons? Why if you lose they turn somewhat normal? What is that area? I heard something mentioned by the twins that its somekind of dream,is that true?

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
First things first,
booktom123, blazerice, alyysayed here's a save link. It should put you outside of the boss room equipped and ready to go. Blaze if you still have issues with your save let me know. I'll see what we can do to fix it. I apologize for the delayed response.

Save link:
Google Drive

I get where your coming from now. When I started DAZ I did focus on that for a while first before getting into rpgm vxa much. See, I'm terrible at your normal 2D art like drawing and such. My stick figures even flip me off. So I had to figure something out like DAZ for the artwork side of game making. Now when it comes to scripting, I really don't know much outside of how to read and use plugins whether it's in ruby or java. (if I did I wouldn't need to use 'Walt's Gift' in order to allow the player to change some of the game settings) Now that I can officially say I know enough about these 2 programs to make some games I really want to do so. I think the only way I'd poke around in a new engine is if someone experienced could guide me with it. In most cases you don't need to know 100% of the program you're working with to make content. So I guess what I mean to say from one ol dog to another, if you ever decide you need to learn a trick that I may know hit me up. I'll do my best to
save you some of the headache.
p.s. I have a lot of respect for anyone who can modify and make scripts. That shit is a headache to say the least. My first project was in rpgm vxa and what I could learn to do with ruby does not exactly transfer that well to MZ.

Y'know what? This entire premise here, including the after sex cuddle, is something I need to keep in mind when making scenes. Especially game over scenes. (to be honest I like scenes where the after sex cuddle happens, then the enemy just continues her assault relentlessly for that absolute game over feeling) An issue I notice myself running into is cutting content short at points. It seems I either want to focus on making mechanics work or focus on scenes/dialogue/sound effects etc. Sounds stupid and all, but its 2 different mindsets. I think my problem is once I start going down the mechanical part of a fight the rest (sexy time thangs) gets forgotten. I just need to change up my workflow a bit to keep them separate. It helps me to talk about this with other players and game makers though. I may not be able to fix or add everything that's suggested, but it brings me back to thinking about the game visually. The end goal is for the player to be lost in immersion and mechanics
alone just won't do that. Thank you for how detailed this part of the response was. I'm going to save it for later use in my post work.

Psh, rant all you want to me man I don't mind. I apologize to my playtesters for my rants often as well. I think it's just part of the creative process is all.

I get what you mean about adding mining and other mechanics to the game so it doesn't feel like it was just a linear story with not much else to it. The only issue I have about adding it to Onyx is I never really meant for Onyx to be a big game project. So it almost feels like a waste to add it now instead of another game that could have more to it. I actually want to make the Onyx a constant item throughout the game series. So having a mechanic like mining would be a better way to introduce it into a game. I'm sold on working this in to a bigger game project, but I'm just not sure about this one.

Oh man those are some good name drops for games. I've supported Tot for a while now and DDB is another one worth supporting imo. I admit I need to chill sometime and catch up with those games. I keep wanting to just make more content when I get free time because I view Onyx as a backlog. I fell out of game making a few years back without a word, so I really feel like I owe the old fans of Onyx up until the dark summoner fight at least. Necropanzer actually gave me some feedback for this version of Onyx that I plan to implement to the best of my ability. So I only have 4 fights planned for the rest of Onyx, but they each have some different mechanics. They are basically all boss battles. Here's a break down:

Alice - Mainly I'll be testing item mechanics with this fight. It wis out now on my DA and pixiv to try out. (this will only be the scenario and fight) I also wanted to see how learning a new skill would work if I branch it off of the item mechanic.

The Giantess - This one I'll be testing out a different offering mechanic. You'll get to play as a dark summoner
who can sacrifice a summon to break free of the enemy hold. I figured if I can make a sacrifice break method like
this, I can most likely make any break method I want to make in the future.

These next 2 fights were not implemented in the original version of Onyx

??? - This fight will be my first attempt at working in multiple enemies. I plan to work in all previous enemies
seen in the game except for The Giantess. You will only be fighting one enemy, but it'll build up the next fight.

Siona, the Goddess of Nightmares - This fight won't just utilize all of the enemies from the previous fight, but
I'm going to shoot for a size changing mechanics too. I'm also going to aim for a boss battle that will take the
player in and out of combat frequently. Since Kylin can't possiblly win this fight alone, a storyline scene will
take place beforehand. The player will get 4 new skills to use in the final battle. Not only will there be
a main boss sprite to worry about, but there will also be feral sprites on the map as well. If the player loses to
a feral, that feral will steal/seal one of the 4 new skills. Finding and killing that feral will unlock the skill again.
The boss sprite will run away from the player unless all 4 new skills are locked. At that point the final boss will run
towards the player to kill you. To be honest, I really don't know if I can make all of this work how I want it
to yet. But damn if I'm not going to try.

I do have some lore and storyline put together. To be fair, there is supposed to be an opening scene that gives a slight bit more of backstory to Kylin but it's not much. I also don't like the original intro. So I'll be changing it for the most part before I add it in. I also really like how this game engine has been handling battles. The 3rd party tilesets I'm using mostly just need tweaked a bit here and there to make them work. Also helps that I could make character sprites in DAZ easily enough. But anywho, let me put the lore in a spoiler here incase anyone wants to be surprised when they play a later version of the game:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have more I could share, but keeping a mystery is part of the immersion I think.
I apologize for the walls of text my good sir Speidel. But I guess you just asked the questions that made me want to word vomit for a bit. Now that this is all spilled out, I'd say Onyx is more of a test project for me to brainstorm some and try some battle mechanics. Mostly just a straight forward story to build into a project with more substance to it later on. By making all these battle mechanics now, I'm also making templates for myself to use in future projects using the same engine. They'll copy and paste easily enough then I can just tweak them to fit different enemies. Then I can throw my head at learning some of the other aspects of game making to add.

But thank you for your interest Speidel. I don't think I've written all this out to share until now. You did me a solid with your
post.

Thank you all for the replies and support. If you'd like, I released a test version of the Alice fight on my DA and pixiv. There's still more I want to add to it, but its at least playable for the holiday. No saves required.

Happy holidays to you all!
This is indeed quite the wall of text,i dont really have the time or patience for a prolonged wall of text to respond so its gonna be short.

Well i dont see why you'd make onyx a short project,why not expand it? Will the next game you are working on include normal sized female enemies? im not a fan of gigantic enemies h games or otherwise.

Take some time for yourself too bro,those games i listed and i have more i can dm you,are worth trying out,not a fan of trying unfinished games myself but h games tend to be short so i burn through them fast,plus some look too well.

Looking forward to your progress,especially in the combat,grapple and scenes department.

The storyline is to put it short confusing,ambigious and not well written,do please take more care,is this the best you can really do?

Im glad i could help by showing an interest,Merry Christmas to you and if you wish you can dm me to talk about the game,ideas and just about anything.

samuelstangerous

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2022
This is indeed quite the wall of text,i dont really have the time or patience for a prolonged wall of text to respond so its gonna be short.

Well i dont see why you'd make onyx a short project,why not expand it? Will the next game you are working on include normal sized female enemies? im not a fan of gigantic enemies h games or otherwise.

Take some time for yourself too bro,those games i listed and i have more i can dm you,are worth trying out,not a fan of trying unfinished games myself but h games tend to be short so i burn through them fast,plus some look too well.

Looking forward to your progress,especially in the combat,grapple and scenes department.

The storyline is to put it short confusing,ambigious and not well written,do please take more care,is this the best you can really do?

Im glad i could help by showing an interest,Merry Christmas to you and if you wish you can dm me to talk about the game,ideas and just about anything.

To be honest, keeping Onyx short is something I've wanted to do since I started it. I need to have a finished game as a personal achievement. I do plan to include normal sized enemies but there will always be some type of size changing mechanic added to it.

I'm also excited to see what I come up with in those departments. I'm big on POV scenes, battle mechanics/holds, and hopefully making different heroes to play as. It keeps things interesting to me.

Thank you for the time for myself part. I admit I forget it sometimes but making a game is weirdly therapeutic for me on most days after work. It does suck coming across unfinished games when you find one you really like. I'll be honest and say I can't avoid making these myself, gotta keep a day job to pay the bills first and all. If nothing else I'll shoot for adding more to your list of games that look too well to pass up. I'll take you up on the offer for some games to try though. Couldn't hurt to help get the creative thoughts bumping. I just need to start making time for it is all.

Honestly I'm not sure if that is the best I can do or not. I can't find my original storyline doc I used to have so that was all off the top of my head. I imagine it would help if I write it all out again and have an actual draft to tweak and change. But, if that is the best I can do then at least there will be some fun fights. I can always add a dialogue skip option or a map to include all fights for those who don't want a story.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll it you up in dms after this, have a happy new year.

FDMuser

Mar 16, 2021
Gigantism is not my fetish, but I liked this game, the author is cool, I look forward to continuing.

Battler-kun

Dec 30, 2020
Thanks! Glad you like it. It's alright to do a bit of nitpiking. Some people do that because they like a project and want to see it run better is all. You're not the first to suggest that though. It's been said in another forum so it's on my list. I will be working a dialogue speed option in but it won't be until I get the next 2 fights done. (I'll be rendering for a long while so I figure while those are cooking I can sweep back through the game and add a few more options like this one)

Dammit, such a nice reply and you seem to be running into so much trouble with this game. I'm sorry for that, I'll hit you up on here and see if we can get things worked out for you.

Good point. But, and this may sound a bit ridiculous on my end, until I get at least one of those mechanics/effects in I'm skiddish about posting it. I want to see how players react to that kind of content when I make it. I'm still trying to get the right sound effects going and any fart content tests I've made so far are sub par at best? So they were scrapped until I can put more focus on getting it right. Sorry if that sounds a bit tacky on my end. I just want to be sure it holds up to the other content first.

Hah, I mean what I'm hearing is "stange I'll teach you some renpy if you wanna teach me some Daz." If that's the case I got you man. It'll be a bit until I'm ready to start working in a new engine, but if you ever take another shot at Daz let me know. It can definitely a bit much to start with. I mean, my first game came out 4 or 5 years ago? Granted I've been dormant for awhile and all, but still poked around at learning Daz throughout those years.

I mean, Onyx will have more vore in similar ways. I personally like throwing the player into her stomach and making copies of the enemy to devour you in some way. Let me spitball a possible gameover idea for the future. Player is vored, awakens in stomach again but instead of an enemy pushing you down to drown by ass or feet, she just lays her larger body on you. Then add a POV of lips the size of player's head pinning you down under stomach acid while she makes comments like "See, you don't taste so bad. Just needed a bit of marinade." Or something to that effect with a fade out to black.
But that idea has wiggle room to be changed. I'll see what I can do when I get to it. Aside from that there will still be vore throughout the games don't worry. Vore scenarios are a bit easier for me to get right. When I get to kinkier stuff I'll hopefully get a discord up and we can shoot around some ideas there. But for now, let me know what ya think.

Ah sorry there's no mining in the game. I might try that feature at some point, but I wanted to keep Onyx kinda simple for gold farming.

Yeah I put a spot on that map so the player wouldn't be able to progress without speaking to the orb. I get what you mean though, they do really blend in with the map. Let me see what I can edit in PS on those objects. I'm thinking I could make 2 copies of each interactable item page. I'll have one with a white outline on it and one with a black outline on it. That way it'll pop out a bit more on different maps.

I...like that mining idea. But I'll have to look into how to do mining. It might be a good skill to add to a later project that will be a bit bigger than Onyx. As far as the grind goes though, if you sell your starter clothes it'll give you a bit of a gold boost. Also, I'm looking in the game files and I've noticed the normal ferals do not drop gear, only potions. So this forces the player to save up a slow grid to buy them. I'll make a note and add in to the next patch for every normal feral to have a chance to drop a piece of the forgotten set. Currently, the heroic ferals have a chance to drop the "+" version of the forgotten set. (gives higher defense against enemy magic when all 3 are worn) I think if the normal ferals drop a piece of the armor, it can cut that grinding back and allow the player to save gold to unlock the maze instead of buying gear. (red feral- chest piece, blue feral - talisman, purple feral - cap). Once you fight heroic enemies you'll get 15g and 80xp per instead of the measly 5g and 30xp. Granted, all of this could have been described better in gameplay somehow instead of the strategy guide in the folder. I'll have to have a think about how to give some subtle hints to an easier grind. If it helps, you won't really have to worry about grinding for the rest of what Onyx will be. From here out we are going to get into some unique fights.

Thank you for this one. I honestly would have said the same thing at first too. This clears it up for me to understand what Karl means.

Uh, give me a few days and I'll do a play through at some point and upload the save. If anyone shares one before this thank you, but I'll get you one when I can booktom.

Good god man, those don't look healthy at all!
I can work with this feedback though. These are in the gameovers so we can spruce it up a bit from here out. So let me pitch an idea. In the scene your talking about, I could add a POV of her sole with some licking motions/sound effects. I can either make a static animation of her toes doing a slight movement as you lick, or I can see what I can do with a glass plane and sweat effect in DAZ while making a few images that get more blurry as the licking continues. Until you are unable to lick anymore of course. At that point she gets pissed and throws you into her shoe and the scene continues. I admit I focus more crush pressure stuff there. I should take a moment to build up a scent/sweat scenario. If I add this to the blue feral gameover it won't be for a bit though.

And with that I say, thank you again for the feedback. I will try to get the game breaking bugs fixed for an update patch later this month. Feel free to report anymore you come across so I can get as many fixed as possible.

I am also trying to focus on getting the next fight out before xmas this year. Nothing xmas themed, but it's a commission fight I did back with the first version of Onyx. It won't be updated on this site until later, only because I'd need to finish a dark summoner fight to tie in the one I'm making for xmas. No foot fetish theme in this fight (the original person I made it for likes some tig ol bitties so I'm focusing that for this one) but there will be plenty in the dark summoner fight. You play as the dark summoner btw, so you will get a 4 party team as long as I can get it working like the original onyx) I just figured there's no way in hell I could finish the summoner fight before xmas, and I didn't want to show up to the party empty handed with the positive feedback you all have been giving me. Even if it isn't my best fight, I gotta give you all something. These 2 battles have some confusing mechanics that I have to straighten out, but totally worth it to me. From here out the enemies in Onyx are going to be, a bit more complex. Just treat them all ass boss fights. Alice's fight, the next one, is like a mid boss.

Anywho, thanks for playing you frosty mofos. To catch the next fight check out my deviant art. I'll post it up there as a solo fight/scenario for you to try out. I also realize some people prefer Pixiv over DA. So I made a Pixiv page that I will add more to at some point. But I'll get the link up there as well when the fight is ready to play. For now Ima do some bug research and passout. Cheers!
GREAT DEV. Thanks for replying if you do i will be very happy and you know your audience very well. :cool:

Reactions: samuelstangerous
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes