3.90 star(s) 43 Votes

Een Vieze Vent

Aug 5, 2017
I would love to bring it back
When I left I didn't think I would come back so I deleted my account. I think my team have also left permanently. Either way they won't be coming back. I need to find new people
I never looked into it but I bet there are forum threads on F95 for finding people to help you. Would be amazing if possible because OD was one of my favs, started getting real good when you guys unfortunatly had to stop the project.

Also try some Discords of other devs for example, I bet you guys had some contact with others devs.

rezaf

Jul 3, 2017
i have heard nothing back from them. i think everyone has moved on.
You wrote earlier you don't have access to the server, whatever that means ... do you even have access to the game code? I mean, you can disassemble renpy code easily, but a major hurdle if you were trying to continue development was having access to the Daz assets used. It you no longer have those or at the very least every bit of information required to reproduce them, this game is, unfortunately, as dead as it can be.
The best you could hope for would be a to restart from scratch with completely new art, because a sudden switch mid-game would be pretty jarring.

rezaf

Jul 3, 2017
I am not sure anyone would want to start the whole game again, especially the new artist, I would opt to continue from where i left off. especially since I am near the half way point of the story
Of course, but that was not my question. My question was: Do you have access to the art assets used in the game?

rezaf

Jul 3, 2017
That's very unfortunate. If you were to try and continue the game where it stands, using the same character models and assets, it'd be necessary to identify every last one of them, which is a tall order in and of itself.

Many years back, I started a thread to identify the art assets used in Big Brother, and we got somewhat far with it, but because the author apparently used quite a few non-daz models for the environments, the best people eventually came up with was trying to replicate the core assets as best as possible. The results are very reasonable, but it took a long time and some very dedicated individuals.

A much shorter time ago, I started a similar initiative for the game Exciting Games, and somewhere you can find a post by me where I identified many, many of the art assets used in the first couple of episodes. With the characters, it was much more difficult, as the author of that game merged different daz characters and assembled them from a wide variety of sources. In the end, I could not successfully identify many of the characters no matter what. Thankfully, I eventually got in touch with the author, who kindly shared some of the assets with me, which put me in a position to create some fan renders for the game - you can take a look at the EG fan renders thread and see for yourself.

If you had access to the art assets, maybe we could work something out (though you might find my efforts at creating renders sub-par to begin with, I refer to the aforementioned fan render thread again), but without access to those, it's kind of a hopeless case, as I outlined previously.

The best you could do would be to start a thread for identifying the art assets used in Oopsy Daisy yourself, maybe some people would be willing to help out, who knows. Or you can try to identify the assets yourself, but you better be prepared for hours and hours browsing the product libraries at the big asset marketplaces, especially Daz3d itself.

Reactions: TheHypest

TheHypest

Apr 6, 2023
That's very unfortunate. If you were to try and continue the game where it stands, using the same character models and assets, it'd be necessary to identify every last one of them, which is a tall order in and of itself.

Many years back, I started a thread to identify the art assets used in Big Brother, and we got somewhat far with it, but because the author apparently used quite a few non-daz models for the environments, the best people eventually came up with was trying to replicate the core assets as best as possible. The results are very reasonable, but it took a long time and some very dedicated individuals.

A much shorter time ago, I started a similar initiative for the game Exciting Games, and somewhere you can find a post by me where I identified many, many of the art assets used in the first couple of episodes. With the characters, it was much more difficult, as the author of that game merged different daz characters and assembled them from a wide variety of sources. In the end, I could not successfully identify many of the characters no matter what. Thankfully, I eventually got in touch with the author, who kindly shared some of the assets with me, which put me in a position to create some fan renders for the game - you can take a look at the EG fan renders thread and see for yourself.

If you had access to the art assets, maybe we could work something out (though you might find my efforts at creating renders sub-par to begin with, I refer to the aforementioned fan render thread again), but without access to those, it's kind of a hopeless case, as I outlined previously.

The best you could do would be to start a thread for identifying the art assets used in Oopsy Daisy yourself, maybe some people would be willing to help out, who knows. Or you can try to identify the assets yourself, but you better be prepared for hours and hours browsing the product libraries at the big asset marketplaces, especially Daz3d itself.
I will be absolutely honest with you, I cannot do this by myself I neither have the time or expertise. I initially got into this for the writing and storytelling aspect. If people want to help resurect this game I am all for it, but i cannot do it alone.

rezaf

Jul 3, 2017
I will be absolutely honest with you, I cannot do this by myself I neither have the time or expertise. I initially got into this for the writing and storytelling aspect. If people want to help resurect this game I am all for it, but i cannot do it alone.
Yeah, well, kinda obvious, isn't it? If you were willing and able to resurrect the game by yourself, I guess you would've just done it and this entire exchange would not have happened. :D

So you need help. Fair enough. Since you were absolutely honest, I'll be as well - the fact that you went and disappeared because of an "emergency", and not only that, you went and DELETED your accounts everywhere, figuring you'd not return anyways ... that doesn't sound like someone you want to rely on for the future, does it?

Then you write you lost all contact with everyone that used to work on the project. Excuse me?
In the farewell message on Patreon it said you considered each other "close friends", and you're telling me you go off the radar for a year, and no longer have any email address, IM handle, phone number etc. to get back in touch with either of the two? Not a good sign, either.

Now, even if we were to disregard these technicalities, I, for example, can code and I can use Daz, so in theory, that'd be enough to resurrect the game.

EXCEPT. You no longer have access to "your server". I'm guessing that includes Patreon and SubscribeStar, which is a bit of a problem right there. If at some point you had access, you should be able to work that out with the support staff at those companies. Let's say, somehow, you make it across that hurdle.

You no longer have access to the art assets. That is, every already rendered scene, every piece of architecture or prop used in the game, every character, every clothing, every hairpiece ... all that stuff. There are some assets in there I immediately recognize, but assembling everything is kind of a mammoth task.
And that part you COULD do alone if you really wanted to. Or at the very least try.

That all said, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just saying it's not easy and you have a tainted track record. I reviewed this game at one point and you can find the one (huge) criticism I had with the update I last played, but other than that, I really liked the way the story progressed and the way everything was set up.
If you wrote all that, hats off to you, great work. I'd love to see more from you.

But maybe it would be better to direct your energy towards creating a new game instead of trying to resurrect this one, considering the circumstances.

3.90 star(s) 43 Votes