whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I, me, me, I, me. It's fine to have opinions and preferences, but the game isn't being made for you. If you continue to enjoy it, great! If there are 20 more scenes like the one you didn't enjoy...I guess the player will have a choice to make. It's the odd sense of entitlement that I find strange.
It seems to be present in a large number of threads, here.
If it's not what someone "came here to see", there's a really rather simple solution: go somewhere else and look at something different, that is what they want to see.
But, no. Instead, they want to complain loudly that the dev didn't meet their subjective personal tastes. Like the dev owes them that.
"I get the game for free, but I demand to have MY personal opinion listened to & MY personal tastes met!"
Wow. :FacePalm:
Entitled Is Strong With This One.jpg :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
I'm going to put this the politest way I know how: The core themes of the game are up to the person developing it and telling the story.

The developer telling the story they want to tell, the best way they know how is the only 'respect' they owe their audience. Nobody needs your imprimateur, or that of any other person who comes across the game and decides they think it belongs to them for some reason.

Nobody is forcing you to watch or read anything. If you don't like the content, don't play. These are not difficult concepts.
Whatever tag you want to put on that scene (Voyeur, NTR... I don't really care), it's not a wild statement to say it's incompatible with most people's taste in Harem games. Everyone here knows this discussion pops up in basically every harem game thread out there. Harem game enjoyers are very passionate about their harem games.

Oppai Odyssey is an amazing game and I'm fairly certain these forums are made for people to share their opinions or experiences with the game as they see them. Never did I pretend that the developer has to listen to me, I even stated the very opposite. But I'm sharing my preferences and my wishes, just like anyone else is free to do and regularly does.

Anyone who has ever been a creator understands that they DO owe their audience something, on some level. That doesn't mean they're a slave to their audience wishes either, obviously, but there's very clearly a middle ground there that makes sense and feels right for any given creative.

Also we're talking about an incredibly simple change here. It probably wouldn't even take 10 minutes to implement. And in return there's going to be way less posts and feedback that brings this up, and the players that dislike that kind of content are going to feel respected and seen and so be ever more loyal and the people who like/don't mind that kind of content aren't going to lose anything. It's pretty much the easiest win-win situation that will ever exist.

I, me, me, I, me.
I mean, yes? What? I genuinely don't understand how this is weird to anyone. I, me, will speak for me and my preferences. What, did you expect me to get here and advocate for content that I don't want? Or do you genuinely go into game threads and ask if the developer can't introduce more of some theme that you genuinely don't care about? Of course *I* advocate for *my* likes. It's the only way this works.

Like I don't get the reasoning that's going on here at all. Anyone is free to advocate for their own preferences. And it's not like I jumped into the thread about some game that's clearly meant to have, for example, hardcore scat content and demand they remove the scat. The developer themselves said that these alien-on-sexy-chicks is a side-story. Narratively it's clearly a side-story. It's not the least bit entitled to petition a game developer to make a small change that makes the game vastly more enjoyable for me and others like me. In fact that kind of feedback happens all the time and is entirely par-the-course and to be expected in any sort of game development and indeed in basically any sort of media.

Counterpoint: more giant, knobby alien cocks pounding hot chicks till their minds are turned to mush from the pleasure
And that's the thing, I don't oppose that whatsoever. If that's what the developer wants to do and if more players like you enjoy that, that's genuinely awesome! This is not a counterpoint because our positions aren't opposed at all. I don't want you to have less of that kind of content in any way. That's not what this was ever about and I feel like I actually made that abundantly clear from the get-go. Hell, I will even applaud more content like that as long as it gets to be optional. A simple little "Do you want to see this" prompt before every such scene is such an incredibly simple little thing that leaves everyone happy. More great content that more different players can enjoy just means more success for Oppai Odyssey and that makes me happy! But if more varied content comes at the expense of driving away players that got here before it was introduced and prefer not to see it, then that means it's NOT going to drive more success.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I personally don't mind seeing these side scenes, because it allows us to see really hot, fucked up scenes without it disrupting the current main characters' personalities and role in the story.

Of course this isn't to say they shouldn't also get some really kinky scenes in the future with the MC, but for most of the characters this will require buildup for it to get to that point, considering most of them haven't even had vanilla sex yet.

Obviously there will always be complaints on both sides, ones that wanna see only the main characters scenes, and the ones that think the main characters immediately jumping on the MC's dick as cliche and boring storywise. The current feature of seeing the non-LI girls doing the kinky shit that some probably wouldn't wanna see the main girls do ("yet" with the mc/someone else if they into that, though it doesnt seem like this game will have ntr) seems like a pretty solid balance.

I've seen some dreams handle this situation with "dreams" or in a video game scenario, but this seems like a working option as well (though the augmented reality tech in Oppai Odyssey has a lot of potential to see the main girls do kinky shit without them actually having to do it, like that one flashback with the fake younger Nyx)

TM | Twisted Games

GDI Spec Ops
Dec 30, 2020
What, did you expect me to get here and advocate for content that I don't want? Or do you genuinely go into game threads and ask if the developer can't introduce more of some theme that you genuinely don't care about?
No, you said it yourself above. These threads are to talk about the game, share experiences, opinions, ask questions. NOT to advocate for or against certain content, which is almost inevitably where they get bogged down into nonsense back and forths.

Anyone who has ever been a creator understands that they DO owe their audience something, on some level.
I can't say how wrong that is. I did, for a brief period of my life, work in the wacky and wild world that is Hollywood. I can say with absolute certainty that 90% of the time doing test screenings, trying to work audience feedback into films (or even executive notes, for that matter) was almost always a detriment to the project.

The only thing the creative person owes the audience is to create the best version of their vision they can. Then the audience, or in this case Patreon/SS supporters, can vote with their wallets how they feel about it. Nothing more is owed to you.

Reactions: Phase_01

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
I personally don't mind seeing these side scenes, because it allows us to see really hot, fucked up scenes without it disrupting the current main characters' personalities and role in the story.

Of course this isn't to say they shouldn't also get some really kinky scenes in the future with the MC, but for most of the characters this will require buildup for it to get to that point, considering most of them haven't even had vanilla sex yet.

Obviously there will always be complaints on both sides, ones that wanna see only the main characters scenes, and the ones that think the main characters immediately jumping on the MC's dick as cliche and boring storywise. The current feature of seeing the non-LI girls doing the kinky shit that some probably wouldn't wanna see the main girls do ("yet" with the mc/someone else if they into that, though it doesnt seem like this game will have ntr) seems like a pretty solid balance.

I've seen some dreams handle this situation with "dreams" or in a video game scenario, but this seems like a working option as well (though the augmented reality tech in Oppai Odyssey has a lot of potential to see the main girls do kinky shit without them actually having to do it, like that one flashback with the fake younger Nyx)
The simplest and best way to handle it if you want a win-win solution is just to have a quick prompt saying something like "You're about to see a sex scene between a sexy woman and an alien. Do you want to see it or skip it?" and then allow the player to skip until after the scene is over. Boom, done, everyone happy. And it's extremely easy to implement, too. Loads of games here already do it.

No, you said it yourself above. These threads are to talk about the game, share experiences, opinions, ask questions. NOT to advocate for or against certain content, which is almost inevitably where they get bogged down into nonsense back and forths.

I can't say how wrong that is. I did, for a brief period of my life, work in the wacky and wild world that is Hollywood. I can say with absolute certainty that 90% of the time doing test screenings, trying to work audience feedback into films (or even executive notes, for that matter) was almost always a detriment to the project.

The only thing the creative person owes the audience is to create the best version of their vision they can. Then the audience, or in this case Patreon/SS supporters, can vote with their wallets how they feel about it. Nothing more is owed to you.
Great, because if you'll notice, I've never once in any single one of my posts here advocated against any content. I've advocated for making certain content skippable, which everybody will understand is not the same thing at all. In every single one of my posts I've repeated that I *WANT* the developer to include whatever content they want to include. I specifically do not want them to make less of any content just because I or anyone else don't like it. I never, ever said anything remotely like that.

But I fell in love in this game long before it had any sort of "spying on sexy chick being banged by foul aliens" content. I just think it's obviously a shame if I and all others like me should start to feel repulsed by a game because it introduced completely new tags/themes when there's such a simple, quick and easy solution that leaves literally everyone happy.

Yes, sure, 90% of audience feedback is bad. A lot of audience members lack the analytical skills to actually even know what they want. They'll ask for one thing and they'll be disappointed when they get it. That doesn't mean you can disregard all feedback, because that remaining 10% is potentially incredibly valuable to any project. And no, every project owes *at least* the basic regard of understanding their target audience and what their basic wants are. How many projects have failed because they were a pet project by creatives that simply didn't understand what it was that a certain audience wanted at a basic level? Innumerable.

TM | Twisted Games

GDI Spec Ops
Dec 30, 2020
Alright, well, let's agree to disagree on the feedback part, and look at making content skippable.

On the face of it, it is as you say, a pretty clean mechanism for allowing groups of people with different tastes to enjoy the story in 'their way' and especially when it is regarding what is basically a side story element, I agree, it makes sense.

However, once the skippable content is in the main plot, it starts to effect the story that is being told. If certain people are skipping through everything, they aren't really getting the full experience of the plot, and that will create a subpar experience for them. Also, where do you draw the line with content skipping? Most people have something they don't enjoy...and if you're going to skip 'x' content for group 'x' shouldn't you also then skip 'y' content for group 'y'?

It may seem like a reasonable compromise, but in the end I think it just causes the developer to hack up their story, and lots of people end up upset anyway.

That said, I think it is more likely than not. Almost all AVN devs do it, and I think it is driven by an unfortunate (but understandable) lack of confidence in the current financial support models. As the medium continues to mature, hopefully it will become less prevelent.

scarletzs

Aug 20, 2022
I love this game sooooo much,thank you for bringing this game to the community!Looking forward to updating~

Uglyb4stard

Mar 2, 2020
Oh boi, thats what happens when I get invested in the story, my depressions kicks in...well it always kicks in regardless, but still.
That's why Im on this site, a quick fap, some lines. some rape here and there to stay emotionally detached.
But now, dammit...
We all want to be Cap'n but we are Alexes.

Dec 5, 2019
The ability to name saves is very nice, but it'd be nice if you can name them with more than 12 characters. Naming saves with a limit of 12 characters is very limiting.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 142 Votes