cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Hi! I'm the developer for Oppai Odyssey. I appreciate all the love and constructive criticism you all have for my game.
I just posted a worklog update on my patreon, for free of course, if you are interested in the progress for the next update.

ianpac

Oct 31, 2018
Wow this games seems really interesting!! Love the space theme cant wait for more!!

-Mithril-

Oct 26, 2018
Thanks for the update, I liked the new content but somehow it felt short compared with the initial release, I understand there are a lot of reasons for that, working alone, changing game mechanics and the good detail animation and characters, also since the project just started so is better to release small parts to show the game to others.

After playing version 0.1 and 0.2 I want to share a few suggestions based on my experience:
  1. I felt randomly moving around the ship checking the characters using a lot of time in that, the map to know where we are placed was a great advance but I don't understand the need of click 3-6 times to cross the whole ship unless you want to implement triggered events in the halls or something like that.
  2. Also related to the previous point could be interesting a mechanic with with small tips to know if characters have events unlocked, for example "check how NPC is taking the travel", "See how the project in the lab is advancing"... or maybe a colored aura around the character tokens
  3. As last a gallery or mechanic to rewatch our favorite scenes without the need to replay or tons of saves could be a good adition. Previous point and this one could help us to know if we have any scene missing and if we didn't finish all the content.
I'm excited about the mission, it could be the release where you can make your game different from other projects. The game suits still remember me mud luv alternative, we will have mecha or giant robot for the missions ? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: \EGOIST and Zesalut

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Thanks for the update.
Thank you for the feedback.
I believe with this update, I bit off a bit more than I could chew. 3 girls, all in different locations around the map at once with a day/night cycle? Hahaha. I am happy with how the minimap and day/night cycle are working and now that everything is set. Incremental updates will be much easier. I have some plans for minimap glow around the character "tokens." (I am stealing that term. TY!) Also I have plans for a sort of questlog, if I can make it look pretty. Thankfully the crew is going to be out on a mission, so I have some time to work on the ship!

A question for you since you seem somewhat invested in the development of Oppai Odyssey. Do you think that having the gallery in the menu would fine? Or should I implement it into one of the rooms?

-Mithril-

Oct 26, 2018
A question for you since you seem somewhat invested in the development of Oppai Odyssey. Do you think that having the gallery in the menu would fine? Or should I implement it into one of the rooms?
In my opinion the gallery in the menu could be the easier option for now and you could continue focusing the history, but also would allow players to unlock it without play (mod), depend if you like players having the easy way to unlock everything without see the history (I guess the option to share savefiles allways would be there, but it's more annoying).
My favourite ways are something more inmersive, maybe the chance to replay the scene visiting the character again (maybe in the same place and hour, or arranging to meet there), or a mechanic for the player to remember those moments in his own room.

I'm glad to be useful to you ;)

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Interesting but not sure this option is a good option.
maybe the chance to replay the scene visiting the character again (maybe in the same place and hour,
wouldn't that effectivly just block off a room that might of been used for a difrent scene and if its done each time the nimber of blocked of rooms would add up.
plus in my opinion it interupts the flow of a game to have scenes from previous encounters still active when a relashionship has moved on.
only way that would work is if your very carefull with an dialog in the scene or you don't have dialog at all in the scene.

As a vague examplye for you it would be Kinda like when a dev's leaves a scene in a game of an interaction with an NPC you later have sex with and are now in a relashionship with but the scene they leave is from the start of the game where that NPC may not even like you yet.
then you leave that room pop down the corridor to another room where the same NPC now practically jumps on you cock while plastering kiss's all over you.

dosen't quite flow do's it?.

not sure if my point is understandable but the idea of replay gallary in the menu or say as some do in a phone or tricorder or some futuristic comunications sort of device that in game would be better.

but thats just my opinion.
Just Sayin.

D

Deleted member 949883

It seems interesting but navigation is such a pain in the ass and it made me realize the game is not for me. Good luck with the project.

-Mithril-

Oct 26, 2018

wouldn't that effectivly just block off a room that might of been used for a difrent scene and if its done each time the nimber of blocked of rooms would add up.
plus in my opinion it interupts the flow of a game to have scenes from previous encounters still active when a relashionship has moved on.
only way that would work is if your very carefull with an dialog in the scene or you don't have dialog at all in the scene.

As a vague examplye for you it would be Kinda like when a dev's leaves a scene in a game of an interaction with an NPC you later have sex with and are now in a relashionship with but the scene they leave is from the start of the game where that NPC may not even like you yet.
then you leave that room pop down the corridor to another room where the same NPC now practically jumps on you cock while plastering kiss's all over you.

dosen't quite flow do's it?.

not sure if my point is understandable but the idea of replay gallary in the menu or say as some do in a phone or tricorder or some futuristic comunications sort of device that in game would be better.

but thats just my opinion.
Just Sayin.
I totally understand what you say, and you have a point, my idea was not to block the place with scene, just by adding a dialogue option with the character could allow you to choose move on or recall the scene. As you say maybe some dialogue could feel weird, that would need work for the developer to bypass the conversation depending the relationship points, thats why I said the first option of the gallery could be the easier way for now since the early stages of developmen probably gives already a lot of headache, and maybe in the future mix the options since some could be unique events and others repeteable.

Last edited:

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
I totally understand what you say, and you have a point.
My viewpoint on the matter of "repeatable scenes" is that gallery is nice for remembering your favorite scenes but not everyone of them is story compatible. For instance in update 0.2 Dr Clermont has a repeatable scene that skips dialog and goes straight to fucking. Not every scene can work that way but I think having the option makes for a better experience.

For another question. I have now heard quite a few times that navigation is "a pain." I really enjoy having a explorable ship I think it really helps build the setting and environment. What would be a something I could add that would ease this strain for some? I think for sure adding "new event" markers would help with the aimless navigation part and maybe that is the reason people find it to be a pain.

Reactions: -Mithril-

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Unless Alex is actually a female alien shapeshifter or has an 'unfortunate' encounter with the airlock I have a bad feeling about him being on the ship, particularly with an aphrodisiac being pumped through the ventilation system.

After having played awhile think I'll give up on this until a later date. I loved the intro, concept and models are nice, but aimlessly wandering the ship looking for content is incredibly frustrating. I'm having flashbacks to Indecent Desires and that's not a complement. I'd suggest a combo of things such as making the minimap clickable, adding in even the barest of hint systems so players were given the fainest clue what to do, and not having time go forward when talking to a character when all they have to say is a variant of 'I have nothing to say.'

Really curious how this dodged the sandbox tag. I tend to classify free roam in that category.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 140 Votes