Ren'Py Abandoned Other Academy [v1.2] [RGBlack]

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
ANOTHER really new game (not even alpha) but still manages to be version 1.00.
Amateur devs, please read which explains how to properly version a project.

Reactions: fleetp
Dec 9, 2020
Ummm... no sexual tags, even in the future tags, and virgin, even in the future tag... does that mean the MC is gonna be a virgin forever and never get any in this game, or the girls are virgins and never gonna put out in this game? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: JackMiejov

Sartain

Jul 4, 2017
Sorry to everyone for how ridiculous I've been, hahaha.
The slow internet, the mistakes I've made, and personal things in life have made me look ridiculous.
When I'm free I'll fix everyone, again, sorry.
Be cool fellow human, and try not to listen to that little voice inside your head telling you everything needs to be perfect.

RGBlack

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2020
Be cool fellow human, and try not to listen to that little voice inside your head telling you everything needs to be perfect.
Thanks, I'm just annoyed that I missed a few mistakes. Like the bathroom error, I forgot to remove it, as there was nothing there yet.
Right now I have fixed most of the errors and reduced some typos. I was putting a little more history and then release it with the errors fixed.

Reactions: $@~

RGBlack

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2020
sorry but this game is like V 0.0001, cant even make money or do anything
The only way to earn money at the moment is to teach the girls, and you will receive a weekly payment. In my test, I have had no problems. If you have any, please let me know.
And there is not much content yet, because I am concentrating on making the system and game mechanics.

Reactions: $@~

RGBlack

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2020
Ummm... no sexual tags, even in the future tags, and virgin, even in the future tag... does that mean the MC is gonna be a virgin forever and never get any in this game, or the girls are virgins and never gonna put out in this game? :ROFLMAO:
Hahaha, I happen to only be able to put tags that are in the actual game.
Of course I will put a lot more, mostly normal tags.
Then I'll make a spoiler of future tags.
Thanks for making me laugh.

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
I have it in my head that if you are a game dev and you do sandbox then you hate your potential audience
Well every tag has haters, but i realy dont undrestand why People hate Sandbox, sandbox is one of the most loved tag in the game industry and if done right its realy fun. Personally there is 4 Tags i love most in game industry. Sandbox, Openworld, Simulation. RPG. Of course adult game genre adds new variations. In the end every tag can be realy good, it depends how it is done or just unbearable.

Reactions: jamesonwulf

AlBetGam

Feb 22, 2018
Well every tag has haters, but i realy dont undrestand why People hate Sandbox, sandbox is one of the most loved tag in the game industry and if done right its realy fun. Personally there is 4 Tags i love most in game industry. Sandbox, Openworld, Simulation. RPG. Of course adult game genre adds new variations. In the end every tag can be realy good, it depends how it is done or just unbearable.
A lot of H-games implement sandbox very, very poorly. People see it, and get flashbacks to a lot of games full of vast spaces with nothing to interact with that have to be navigated screen by screen, or characters that appear and disappear on complicated schedules the player isn't informed of, and that have to be found at specific and unknown times on those schedules to progress the story, or quests and tasks that aren't described adequately (or at all), or agonizing grinds for money and affection and a dozen other pointless metrics... etc.

Now there's no reason a sandbox game can't be done well, and there are certainly games that accomplish this.

But if you can imagine a game where you have to get Step-Roommate-chan's affection to 10, and you can only do this by talking to her at school, and she's only at school at 9 AM every other day, and you have to click from your room -> hallway 1 -> hallway 2 -> foyer -> street 1 -> street 2 -> subway -> school entrance -> school hallway 1 -> classroom to get there and each click advances the clock by five minutes (because it's a really long hallway I guess) and you finally talk to her but oops! your Hygiene meter is at 20% so she won't talk to you, so you start over the next day and take a shower first (1 hr) and make it just in time to talk to her and get 1 Affection. Then you do that 9 more times until she says she wants a phone, which costs $200 so you go to the market (clicking past 10 screens to get there) and work a shi- oops! your Energy meter is at 45 and you need 50 to work a shift so you go back home and sleep til the next day and click 10 screens to the market and work a shift and get paid $10 and you do this 19 more times until you can afford the phone and give it to Step-Roommate-chan but oops! you can't give it to her at school at 9AM because [reasons] so you have to scour the game world for her at a dozen other times (the only walkthrough is six versions behind) until you find her at the Mall at 6:00 and go to gift it to her but oops! your energy is low again and handing her a phone requires 25 Energy so you sleep again and go back to the Mall the next day only to find out that oops! she's only at the Mall on Fridays so you screw around for a whole week until she's there again and you can finally give her the phone. Reward: New Quest! (Get Step-Roommate-chan's Affection to 25) and a scene where she sends you a single swimsuit selfie.

Even the worst sandbox games aren't usually quite that bad, but after playing through that kind of thing once or twice it's understandable that a lot of people get real gun-shy about the tag.

RGBlack

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2020
A lot of H-games implement sandbox very, very poorly. People see it, and get flashbacks to a lot of games full of vast spaces with nothing to interact with that have to be navigated screen by screen, or characters that appear and disappear on complicated schedules the player isn't informed of, and that have to be found at specific and unknown times on those schedules to progress the story, or quests and tasks that aren't described adequately (or at all), or agonizing grinds for money and affection and a dozen other pointless metrics... etc.

Now there's no reason a sandbox game can't be done well, and there are certainly games that accomplish this.

But if you can imagine a game where you have to get Step-Roommate-chan's affection to 10, and you can only do this by talking to her at school, and she's only at school at 9 AM every other day, and you have to click from your room -> hallway 1 -> hallway 2 -> foyer -> street 1 -> street 2 -> subway -> school entrance -> school hallway 1 -> classroom to get there and each click advances the clock by five minutes (because it's a really long hallway I guess) and you finally talk to her but oops! your Hygiene meter is at 20% so she won't talk to you, so you start over the next day and take a shower first (1 hr) and make it just in time to talk to her and get 1 Affection. Then you do that 9 more times until she says she wants a phone, which costs $200 so you go to the market (clicking past 10 screens to get there) and work a shi- oops! your Energy meter is at 45 and you need 50 to work a shift so you go back home and sleep til the next day and click 10 screens to the market and work a shift and get paid $10 and you do this 19 more times until you can afford the phone and give it to Step-Roommate-chan but oops! you can't give it to her at school at 9AM because [reasons] so you have to scour the game world for her at a dozen other times (the only walkthrough is six versions behind) until you find her at the Mall at 6:00 and go to gift it to her but oops! your energy is low again and handing her a phone requires 25 Energy so you sleep again and go back to the Mall the next day only to find out that oops! she's only at the Mall on Fridays so you screw around for a whole week until she's there again and you can finally give her the phone. Reward: New Quest! (Get Step-Roommate-chan's Affection to 25) and a scene where she sends you a single swimsuit selfie.

Even the worst sandbox games aren't usually quite that bad, but after playing through that kind of thing once or twice it's understandable that a lot of people get real gun-shy about the tag.
I'm also not a fan of sandboxes where you have to take into account your energy, hygiene and so on.
Although it is a genre that I love, the only bad thing is when you are already finishing the game and getting an event of a girl that appears twice a week is annoying. Hahaha.

Reactions: AlBetGam

ddf044

Aug 8, 2017
No ntr planned? I'm in. A couple tips from crappy gamedev (me :D):
  • don't plan overly complex systems for your first game, you can always make a 2.0 if you want to keep increasing complexity
  • keep tasks at biteable sizes to avoid burnout
  • if something is good enough don't improve it any further (easy road to development hell)
  • use crappy assets (or draw them on MS Paint), it's not a waste of time, it'll help you keep track of where things are instead of having blind spots
I know, pretty generic tips, something akin to crappy motivational videos, but that's one way to contribute i guess lol.

RGBlack

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2020
No ntr planned? I'm in. A couple tips from crappy gamedev (me :D):
  • don't plan overly complex systems for your first game, you can always make a 2.0 if you want to keep increasing complexity
  • keep tasks at biteable sizes to avoid burnout
  • if something is good enough don't improve it any further (easy road to development hell)
  • use crappy assets (or draw them on MS Paint), it's not a waste of time, it'll help you keep track of where things are instead of having blind spots
I know, pretty generic tips, something akin to crappy motivational videos, but that's one way to contribute i guess lol.
Hahaha, thanks for the tips.
I try not to bite off more than I can. I prefer not to bring a fun mechanic, but to have everything under control.
And yes, I have two projects where I'm learning to do more risky animations and programming.
I want the first animations I implement in the game to be pretty good.

Reactions: Soulpuppet

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
Hahaha, thanks for the tips.
I try not to bite off more than I can. I prefer not to bring a fun mechanic, but to have everything under control.
And yes, I have two projects where I'm learning to do more risky animations and programming.
I want the first animations I implement in the game to be pretty good.
These cuties deserve some spicy animations. I will be watching with much anticipation.

BrandyYT

Modder
Nov 28, 2020
Unofficial Android Port :

Other Academy [v1.1] [RGBlack]

Download Apk: ,

Android Ports Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves Location : Brandy0011/brandy.other.academy/game/saves

if you liked my work, support on Patreon.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RGBlack and TimDK