VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

Xypher

May 1, 2017
Again, the dream sequence in the loce path has been changed. The daughter is no longer with Ray in the dream, instead she is packing to leave. As far as I can tell, there will be no NTR on the love path.
I think that dream sequence is meant exclusively for Love path, while the Corruption path is the NTR one. (I might be wrong)

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
i think the only ntr what would cause unrest is when it was unavoidable and just shoved in your in face and nothing the mc can do about it. I dont see that here.

As far as story telling this game far ahead of any game. i have not seen 1 game that so many path and even done correctly from love path to corruption path. i played the love path and only recently tried the corruption path and i felt sorry for even trying i actually felt sick to my stomack that is how well this game was made.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
just tried the 14b but i couldn't see anything new. most be my path, not sure why this update at all since it gave nothing.

Reactions: Gadget63

Ghost Rida

Mar 27, 2018
I posted a pretty comprehensive review of the game last night. It's one of the few if not the only one that can make most players happy I think. Having played all 4 paths I can say that there's little to no NTR in it, unless you choose it. On the love path your only real competition is a kid her own age who wants to date her but you can cock block him if you choose. If you don't, then you have nothing to complain about. As far as the other men who are trying to exploit her, the MC is there to protect her. The MC is not weak by any means and is the hero of the story on that path. You can't have a hero without villains to overcome. For example, the story of Robin Hood would be pretty boring without the Sheriff of Nottingham.

Grandfather: Robin Hood gets word that the evil Sheriff of Nottingham has kidnapped Maid Marian...
Grandson: Grandpa, I hate NTR!!
Grandfather: No, it's okay, he just locks her up in a tower and Robin Hood rescues her and they live happily ever after. So Robin Hood gathers his Band of Merry Men to assault the castle and rescue fair Maid Marian...
Grandson: I said I hate NTR!!
Grandfather: Okay...uh...so Maid Marian and Robin Hood and his Band of Merry Men just hang out in the forest all day...
Grandson: What part of "I hate NTR" isn't clear?!
Grandfather: The Band of Merry Men?
Grandson: Yep.
Grandfather: They're just Robin Hood's trusted friends. Maid Marian is only with Robin Hood in the story, no one else.
Grandson: I don't care. Make them go away. I hate NTR.
Grandfather: I don't think NTR means what you think it means.

Our Fate is a visual novel. In order for the story in this or any other novel to be truly great, there have to be obstacles for the protagonists to overcome. Without them, it's boring. Remove Thanos and The Avengers sucks. There are visual novels out there that are simply a romantic relationship between an older man and a younger girl. This isn't that type of game. It has action and the MC is a hero. The villains are evil and going to try to hurt people. The MC is going to stop them. If you just want simple netori/harem scenes to fap to, then this honestly isn't what you're looking for.

The brief nightmare scene was part of the internal struggle that the MC was having. It was there to illustrate what happens if the MC fails to protect her and stop the villains and also to force him to recognize that he loves her and he really doesn't want to see her with anyone else. It's been removed in the most recent release. This change due to player bitching saddens me as a happy ending was what I wanted on the love path, but knowing that the MC could fail in several possible ways gave the story real stakes. Knowing that the MC is pretty much guaranteed to win now makes the story less realistic and actually lessens the emotional impact of the happy endings. It also means that my decisions are less significant now because there's really only one way for the story to go. That leaves the only potential bad ending of basically just rejecting her. You don't want her or you treat her so badly that she leaves. The irony of changing the nightmare to one where she's packing up to leave doesn't change anything in the long run. It's not like she's going to die a spinster or cat lady. If she does pack up and leave and that's the only bad ending, then guess what, after she leaves and gets to the new city, you know some other dude is still going to be banging her eventually, whether it's shown or not.

The corruption path doesn't really have any NTR. The MC is the villain and if he chooses to share her or pimp her out or whatever, that's because you chose that. It's more of a swinging thing than anything. In all possible paths, the only way she ends up with another guy is because you chose to allow it. It can easily be played that she's with no other dude but you.

I really like this game and I hate to see its thread derailed by another circle jerk debate about netorare. There isn't any actual NTR in this game. The pointless complaints remind me of the Acting Lessons thread and bitching about the "NTR ending" when Rena ends up with Liam. Or complaints when a woman in a game has a boyfriend or husband and is shown with them. I want the game and story to grow however the developer wants. They're made an amazing game so far and I trust them to continue doing so. I'm eagerly looking forward to where the paths are going and I would hate to see that derailed by people who can't handle good drama or the consequences of their decisions.

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
consequences of their decisions.
Exactly, if you've been a bastard with her, it's good to have those kind of nightmares, but if all you've done is be good to her, and in my case, for example, I've been friendly with Ray, then why? I receive a dream that is a punishment? It doesn't make any sense, it should be a dream that reflects that you are in love with her.
It seems a recycled scene for the two paths, if you're bad, BAM daughter naked with Ray, If you're good, BAM daughter naked with Ray.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Why does this game have an incest patch? The game gives you a choice(thankfully) in the first five minutes whether or not she's your blood daughter.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
It's odd that so many people are complaining about NTR but none of them mention that cunt Angela cheating on MC. ;)

In all seriousness though, I haven't seen the scene in question so I can't really comment on it. I must have gone straight to 0.14a without playing 0.14. I will say though that just because something doesn't technically fit the definition of NTR doesn't mean that people can't dislike it and prefer to avoid it.

pldmdfan325

Oct 27, 2017
I was about to download this... but a quick thread search spared my laptop from getting this crap on it
This is one of my highest rated games. Its slow, but very good. And if you don't like NTR, don't worry, that isn't in the game. If you do like NTR, it might be in the game later on certain paths.

Ghost Rida

Mar 27, 2018
Exactly, if you've been a bastard with her, it's good to have those kind of nightmares, but if all you've done is be good to her, and in my case, for example, I've been friendly with Ray, then why? I receive a dream that is a punishment? It doesn't make any sense, it should be a dream that reflects that you are in love with her.
It seems a recycled scene for the two paths, if you're bad, BAM daughter naked with Ray, If you're good, BAM daughter naked with Ray.
I'm not the developer so I can't say with absolute certainty, but my interpretation is as I said: The brief nightmare scene was part of the internal struggle that the MC was having. It was there to illustrate what happens if the MC fails to protect her and stop the villains and also to force him to recognize that he loves her and he really doesn't want to see her with anyone else.

You have picked up that Ray isn't actually good, right? He's morally grey at best and kind of an asshole. That's why you're given the options of withholding certain information from him. Whether you've been nice to him or not is irrelevant; he doesn't view you the same way. Your introduction to him is some guy pleading for his life with Ray in a alley because he owes him money and Ray is not sympathetic. He lost his job because he was a dirty cop who got caught stealing money and now he's a...I don't actually know what he is now. He seems somewhere between a unethical private investigator and a mobster. He volunteers that he can easily get anything illegal for you and has "things" going on the side. He's not helping you out of friendship, only because you're paying him. He also was the one who suggested planting cameras and bugs in her room and he had no problem finding a couple of goons to attack you on the corruption path. When you're at his place he has a couple of prostitutes come over. Finally, at the end of the current story, he does betray you, even if somewhat reluctantly.

My point here is that Ray is a scumbag and your being nice to him means nothing. He is not to be trusted and you would be a fool to have him within a mile of your "daughter" or anything else worth protecting. I think the dream was your mind coming to terms with the fact that your relationship with Ray endangers your daughter and also as I said, the MC coming to terms with his feelings for her. The other dreams he has illustrates this when Susan, his ex-girlfriend and his "daughter" all appear. The protection path has two branches, friendship and romantic and even if the MC is on the friendship path then he is constantly being tempted to turn to the romantic one. Even in the new nightmare on the protection path, she says that Ray told her all about you and that's why she's leaving. On the corruption path, it's still a warning that Ray is going to fuck up your plans with her if you keep him around. It's a moot point now as the scene has been changed but I still think the original one was included for dramatic and story purposes and not "just for NTR".

Edit: a couple typos

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes