VN Ren'Py Our Fate: Remake (Dev Thread)

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019
Took a look at your last previews on first post...
Thank you for your amazing work on Claire's face and hair and thank you for taking into account our remarks... She looks great !

Some final thoughts regarding the body,...
- breasts appear larger on the original model (and also closer to each other but it is maybe because of the larger size)
- width at hip level could be a bit reduced and the thighs could be a very little bit thicker (but just a little for both the hip and tights...)

Tx

Last edited:

LazyBear29

Feb 20, 2021
Final version of the hair and final version of Claire in general, made an improved version of the last morph to better match the original also improved the hair shader (i can make it look even better but i don't want to use translucency for it in the shader, iray just sucks at doing this for hairs takes too long and makes a mess of fireflies, i think is good enough as it is). If any of you knows a good iray custom hair shader without translucency let me know (i did mine by myself)
Also made the eyebrows thinner.
View attachment 1370967
It look perfect. With that last version I think You nailed it. You do amazing work so far. I realy look forward to playing your version of the game. As I understand you start where oryginal ended? I doubt its possible to import save to your version from the original so how you intend to let us transfer our choices from previous playthrough? Not that it was that many of them but it would be nice if we could realy continue from where we ended.

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
It look perfect. With that last version I think You nailed it. You do amazing work so far. I realy look forward to playing your version of the game. As I understand you start where oryginal ended? I doubt its possible to import save to your version from the original so how you intend to let us transfer our choices from previous playthrough? Not that it was that many of them but it would be nice if we could realy continue from where we ended.
Yes, i will do a continuation and when the game is finished i will go back and remaster the original part of the game.
About the compatible saves, that's actually something i've thought about, i have to decide, i can actually just take the original game and reasearch how the dev did the variable storage, if he did a point system that's a bit harder but i still could do a "save compatible" continuation if he used variables for all the important choices then i can easily do it i just have to search for these variables and copy them in the worst case scenario i can just make a prompt choice with "Which path did you choose" kinda thing so maybe not the best solution but i think that's ok.

I'm can code in renpy no problems.

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
Took a look at your last previews on first post...
Thank you for your amazing work on Claire's face and hair and thank you for taking into account our remarks... She looks great !

Some final thoughts regarding the body,...
- breasts appear larger on the original model (and also closer to each other but it is maybe because of the larger size)
- width at hip level could be a bit reduced and the thighs could be a very little bit thicker (but just a little for both the hip and tights...)

Tx
The feedback i've received from you guys was critical to get the best look i could for Claire, would have been a lot harder if i had to do it myself alone with only my point of view, criticism is always good if it's constructive.
I really like the original game i'm the first person who wants this continuation to be good ;)

Last edited:

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I think you pretty much nailed Claire V19XX !
Well done! (y)

As far as I know, just from playing and not looking at the code, there are a couple of flags that lock the player in a certain path. And there are probably a few other flags with less influence on gameplay (e.g. which of the side girls you fucked). But I'm 99% sure that there are no hidden "love points" or something like that.

Reactions: TokyoR and V19XX

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Hey V19XX the last version of Claire is PERFECT! Please no need to change her anymore. She looks pretty damn close to the original, and she actually looks better and more realistic IMO. I think you actually improved on her look. I'm really excited to see your version of the game get started! If the writing is even decent, I'm sure it will do really well

Reactions: TheSimp and V19XX

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019
Hey V19XX the last version of Claire is PERFECT! Please no need to change her anymore. She looks pretty damn close to the original, and she actually looks better and more realistic IMO. I think you actually improved on her look. I'm really excited to see your version of the game get started! If the writing is even decent, I'm sure it will do really well
She definitely needs larger breasts. And I don't mean unrelastic big breasts, just a bit larger.
It is one of her main physical assets and it is referenced several times in the story :) (see screenshot)

So not find it back in the new Claire would be a bit disappointing...
For the rest, I completely agree that she looks great.(y)

• Thinking Face
  • Red Heart
Reactions: TokyoR and V19XX

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019
I like Ray and the new look of Shenice. Hair is definitely better and it makes her looks closer to the original.(y)

I thinks the MC looks too young. He doesn't look like a father of a 18 year old girl. Maybe adding some grey hair like in the original MC would do it. I would also try to make his jaw a bit larger and the forehead a bit less high to be closer to the orginal MC.

Great work !

Last edited:
Reactions: V19XX

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Shenice looks really hot, much more so than the original.

The only thing that bothers me a bit: her father, the mayor, is African-American. Shenice herself is a few shades lighter, maybe her mother was (partly) Caucasian.

Your version of Shenice is dark skinned but has no other features. To me, as it is, she looks more like someone from the southern part of rather than -American. If you want to keep the same model (I hope you do, she's hot) then I'd make her a few shades lighter and make her (off-screen) mother (partly) Caucasian.
1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: V19XX

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
Shenice looks really hot, much more so than the original.

The only thing that bothers me a bit: her father, the mayor, is African-American. Shenice herself is a few shades lighter, maybe her mother was (partly) Caucasian.

Your version of Shenice is dark skinned but has no other features. To me, as it is, she looks more like someone from the southern part of rather than -American. If you want to keep the same model (I hope you do, she's hot) then I'd make her a few shades lighter and make her (off-screen) mother (partly) Caucasian.

To me she always looked ethiopian, not caucasian, intended to make her a little lighter skinned as i know Americans tend to be mixed but in the end i think i like her more with the darker skin, could change it if people prefer her otherwise. I'm western European , i'm not trying to say how Americans look, just doing the best i can :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Yngling

Caligula

Donor
Aug 22, 2017
I really, really like the final version of the characters you have done so far. Can't wait to see the rest of the cast, especially Anna and Grace.

I'm still curious what your plans for the story are. Paths/possibilities, pace, what content you will focus on and such.

Reactions: TheSimp and V19XX

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
Updated main post: Added Anna, made MC a bit older and tweeked him a bit also his hair got white strands now.

Hydronicz

Sep 24, 2017
As one of the first games I've played and truly loved it makes me very happy to see people sharing the feeling :)
I really like the characters you remade, very nice looking!
As for input, I feel the same way about the romance route, perhaps leave the darker path out of the game to save a lot of time.

I feel that at some point the original developer kinda ran out of inspiration and lost the original vision around the endgame with the conspiracy and whatnot. But that could be just my opinion.
I wish you the best!

ozzo

Mar 4, 2018
oh damn i forgot about Anna, what was her role in the two corruption routes?
Was she just sent of to the gym job and was never mentioned again or have i forgoten something

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
There are also the ones who prefer the dark path (me included) so I really hope that path is also continued.
I'm doing the three paths. Caring, romance and dark.
Honestly doing different paths does not require a lot of work if you actually know how to do it. BUT, the original game has one thing that i think is really bad designed, the game let you be caring or loving if you are in the dark path or the other way around and it makes no sense. So that's the only big change i'll probably do.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

ozzo

Mar 4, 2018
Honestly doing different paths does not require a lot of work if you actually know how to do it. BUT, the original game has one thing that i think is really bad designed, the game let you be caring or loving if you are in the dark path or the other way around and it makes no sense. So that's the only big change i'll probably do.
Which of the dark paths are you dropping?

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
On the caring "good father" path, will there be other love interests for Claire?

Despite what the NTR / anti-NTR crowd thinks, I think the natural path that fathers have to take is to give their beloved daughter away to some guy (or girl).

I had the feeling that Cedsense did plan an ending where Claire would marry someone else than the MC.

BUT, the original game has one thing that i think is really bad designed, the game let you be caring or loving if you are in the dark path or the other way around and it makes no sense. So that's the only big change i'll probably do.
I think the idea was to able to have a hard-nosed cynical MC who is still a good guy underneath.
Or the other way around: a very charming but ultimately evil MC.
It may have some merit but on the other hand I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes