VN Ren'Py Our Fate: Remake (Dev Thread)

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Looks good and I hope this time the game gets completed but I think you're overcomplicating things with so many paths variations. The amount of work necessary grows exponentally with every path so maybe it would be better to stick to 2 paths.

Reactions: victkh and Zolt

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019
Looks good and I hope this time the game gets completed but I think you're overcomplicating things with so many paths variations. The amount of work necessary grows exponentally with every path so maybe it would be better to stick to 2 paths.
At worst, the work necessary grows linearly... It is not like you can jump from path A to path B and path C and then at some point go back to path A.
And actually it is less than a linear growth since some renders and dialogs can be shared by several paths.

But I get what you mean... More paths lead to more work.
I guess it also leads to more people happy.

Reactions: TokyoR

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
I agree. They look a little bit too defined.

Edit: mistakenly linked the wrong picture. This is the correct one.
Anna here actually look great. In the original pics the abs were protruding a bit too much - she looks slim and feminine here. Can't wait for MC to take her for a ride!

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019
One of the things that I liked in the previous game was the slow pace...

I hope the new game will continue on the same way.
I know that things were about to get serious between the MC and Claire, but since it is a new Claire and that we haven't seen her for 2 years, I feel like we need to get used to her again, to know her better...
Hope that the game will last for a while with many updates :)

ifss

Mar 3, 2019
One of the things that I liked in the previous game was the slow pace...

I hope the new game will continue on the same way.
I know that things were about to get serious between the MC and Claire, but since it is a new Claire and that we haven't seen her for 2 years, I feel like we need to get used to her again, to know her better...
Hope that the game will last for a while with many updates :)
You can play the game again.

TokyoR

Aug 30, 2018
At worst, the work necessary grows linearly... It is not like you can jump from path A to path B and path C and then at some point go back to path A.
And actually it is less than a linear growth since some renders and dialogs can be shared by several paths.

But I get what you mean... More paths lead to more work.
I guess it also leads to more people happy.
Yeah thinking practically , is like u say, even if who of us no want to have 9 paths ..but being realist , it gonna be hardest with each path , he add , , only saying 3 path shoul sufice or 4 myab e. soft romantic, romantic sexual , corruption domination , and hard core domination , but well , is onlya my opinion , Hope for anything the developer cna do , ♥ or he can focus on 3 or 4 path first , then at the end add patches with the other paths if still have streng to do ☻ ♥ MY BEST WISHES ANY WAY GO FOR IT BE WHAT IT BE

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
Damn, I'm already missing the early frequent updates. Excited for the release. Any estimates V19XX ?
I don't know when i will finish, there's a lot of work to be done.
Right now everything is going more or less like i estimated, so i will say maybe the first week of the next month i should be done with the update. I'm hiring a writer, he seems profesional so i think we could do a good job, he will most probably be taking over the dialogue, i'm working on a build of the game with my shitty dialogues included so he can actually work on the dialogues. I have most of the code, sounds and other resources done and implemented in the build. The render post work is actually a bit time consuming but i manage to do it while i wait for other scenes to render.

Well, that's how things going i guess.

Progress.jpg

MMikael

Dec 8, 2019
(I'm using google translate)

Our fate was and still is one of my favorite games, thanks for bringing it back. Is there any way to support you, like Patreon?

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019
I don't know when i will finish, there's a lot of work to be done.
Right now everything is going more or less like i estimated, so i will say maybe the first week of the next month i should be done with the update. I'm hiring a writer, he seems profesional so i think we could do a good job, he will most probably be taking over the dialogue, i'm working on a build of the game with my shitty dialogues included so he can actually work on the dialogues. I have most of the code, sounds and other resources done and implemented in the build. The render post work is actually a bit time consuming but i manage to do it while i wait for other scenes to render.

Well, that's how things going i guess.

View attachment 1397292
Do I understand correctly that the number of renders has jump from 63 to 134 in 3 days ? :D
Nice Work !

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019
Updated main post.
*Flash SFX* XBOX GUY VOICE: WORLD PREMIERE
Here's a preview of some scenes, hope you like it.
SPOILERS????
View attachment 1402055 View attachment 1402056 View attachment 1402057

We like it, she is too beautiful...
The first preview is in one of the shops where she wanted to go at the end of the old game, right ?
Curious to see what she will buy. I guess we could get some clues from the previews of the never released next version of the old game...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Yngling

LordT44

Feb 15, 2018
I know I speak for just about everyone when I say bless you for taking over what was arguably one of the best Vn's of all time! It shows that you loved it as much as we did. We were heartbroken when this was put on hold. As you know by now, there have been a lot of constructive ideas coming from this community. You've definitely taken most of them to heart so I'm going to give you one more. When the time comes, honor the original but don't be afraid to make it your own. You're not going to be able to please everyone, you'll go crazy trying. I've been a writer for over thirty years with published work. This isn't me ragging on the others, I respect most of the constructive criticism here, but I also know that eventually someone isn't gonna like something and you'll never hear the end of it. Just my two cents.. I'm behind this project rain or shine! Our Fate is back baby!!!!

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes