VN Ren'Py Our Fate: Remake (Dev Thread)

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
I know I speak for just about everyone when I say bless you for taking over what was arguably one of the best Vn's of all time! It shows that you loved it as much as we did. We were heartbroken when this was put on hold. As you know by now, there have been a lot of constructive ideas coming from this community. You've definitely taken most of them to heart so I'm going to give you one more. When the time comes, honor the original but don't be afraid to make it your own. You're not going to be able to please everyone, you'll go crazy trying. I've been a writer for over thirty years with published work. This isn't me ragging on the others, I respect most of the constructive criticism here, but I also know that eventually someone isn't gonna like something and you'll never hear the end of it. Just my two cents.. I'm behind this project rain or shine! Our Fate is back baby!!!!
I couldn't agree more with what LordT44 just said!
I've only been a writer for 1/10th as long, but my first experience was working for a Dev who came back to a much beloved abandoned game and decided to finish it. It turned out he should have just quit while he was ahead. When releases resumed all of his plans for the story and game should go were universally loathed. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It couldn't have gone worse. The author's original intent for how the story continued might have been gold or might have been dogshit. Don't worry about that. Just work with what you have and make something you can be proud of the moment before you release it.

Reactions: V19XX and LordT44

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
HoboCop86 referred me to this. I'm probably going to check out the vn and see how it speaks to me. If you're still looking I might be interested in this. Just know I have zero experience when it comes to writing code, so I'm primarily looking to be a story writer/proofreader if the spots are still open.

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
HoboCop86 referred me to this. I'm probably going to check out the vn and see how it speaks to me. If you're still looking I might be interested in this. Just know I have zero experience when it comes to writing code, so I'm primarily looking to be a story writer/proofreader if the spots are still open.
This is the development thread, i have an open post on the recruitment section for the writer job. But i've already got a writer so the position it's close for now.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Two quick questions. 1} will this be able to be added to the old game like a mod, or will we have to play your version instead? Just want to know how to go about it. 2} Do you have an estimated time for your first release? I think a lot of us want to play it, so no rush, just curious.

Reactions: Assari and V19XX

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
how can we support your work? You've taken on a project that I think everyone wanted to keep going. This deserves some kind of support. Thank YOU!
As i'm seeing more people asking for it i'm going to set up some dev support platforms soon (patreon, subscribestar) because i'm now confident about the state of the project. Gonna make an update as soon as i have these accounts.

Last edited:

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
Two quick questions. 1} will this be able to be added to the old game like a mod, or will we have to play your version instead? Just want to know how to go about it. 2} Do you have an estimated time for your first release? I think a lot of us want to play it, so no rush, just curious.
I ditched the idea of making the game compatible with the original as the og code it's pretty rough and the point system it uses makes no sense, i made a new system which you can see in the main post. Also as it's a continuation, you will only need to select the path and nicknames you had in the original game.

Right now i work on the game in my free time, so i have maybe 5-7 hours a day + weekends, all of this driven by lots of caffeine.
I'm going the fastest i can without compromising quality. I can maybe have a final version in like 25-30 days. I had to make some new assets, scenes, characters, etc recently because i'm now working with a writer (L7Bear ) so we improved some scenes i've originally planned and added some new ones, but trust me it's worth the "delay".

Last edited:

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
Oh no! I've been named! :ROFLMAO:

Heya everyone - I'm Theo Malt. I've been active on F95 since 2017 and writing for Adult Visual Novels since 2018.

One of the games that I write for is currently ranked in the Top 100 Adult Games on Patreon.
For those of you familiar with that game - let me assure you that I intend to make our (unauthorized fan-made) sequel as faithful to "Our Fate" as possible. While I tend to infuse comedy, drama, and fringe sexual practices in my other projects I am fully aware that this is a more serious & character-driven drama.

Like you, I have been a big fan of "Our Fate" and want the sequel to feel like the original has returned and continues.

Like you, I have been inspired by V19XX's vision of how to achieve that and want to do what I can to see that vision become a reality.

As you've seen already the renders V19XX has been creating are phenomenal - both extremely close to "Our Fate" and yet a drastic improvement. My goal is to achieve the same with the writing. I intend to keep it faithful to the story, characters, tone, pacing, and style of the original while making improvements if possible. Most importantly, I want it to appeal to the same audience as the original game and feel like a natural continuation of what CedSense created.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Oh no! I've been named! :ROFLMAO:

Heya everyone - I'm Theo Malt. I've been active on F95 since 2017 and writing for Adult Visual Novels since 2018.

One of the games that I write for is currently ranked in the Top 100 Adult Games on Patreon.
For those of you familiar with that game - let me assure you that I intend to make our (unauthorized fan-made) sequel as faithful to "Our Fate" as possible. While I tend to infuse comedy, drama, and fringe sexual practices in my other projects I am fully aware that this is a more serious & character-driven drama.

Like you, I have been a big fan of "Our Fate" and want the sequel to feel like the original has returned and continues.

Like you, I have been inspired by V19XX's vision of how to achieve that and want to do what I can to see that vision become a reality.

As you've seen already the renders V19XX has been creating are phenomenal - both extremely close to "Our Fate" and yet a drastic improvement. My goal is to achieve the same with the writing. I intend to keep it faithful to the story, characters, tone, pacing, and style of the original while making improvements if possible. Most importantly, I want it to appeal to the same audience as the original game and feel like a natural continuation of what CedSense created.
Congrats!
Please alert the fire department before your keyboard catches fire because this'll be HOT!

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
I ditched the idea of making the game compatible with the original as the og code it's pretty rough and the point system it uses makes no sense, i made a new system which you can see in the main post. Also as it's a continuation, you will only need to select the path and nicknames you had in the original game.

Right now i work on the game in my free time, so i have maybe 5-7 hours a day + weekends, all of this driven by lots of caffeine.
I'm going the fastest i can without compromising quality. I can maybe have a final version in like 25-30 days. I had to make some new assets, scenes, characters, etc recently because i'm now working with a writer (L7Bear ) so we improved some scenes i've originally planned and added some new ones, but trust me it's worth the "delay".
That's awesome. Like I say, no rush. We all understand, well most of us understand, that you Dev's have lives and most have jobs outside of this and this is more of a hobby than anything. Don't overdo yourself and end up abandoning this like the Dev did. Your idea's, what you've shared so far, sounds like you are going to do great with this game. Good luck, and we will keep our eyes open.

hmc15

Apr 4, 2019
To continue our discussion as per my post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/our-fate-a-new-family-v0-15-se-cedsense.7220/page-203#post-6389792

With realistic, I meant that it seems that you have enlarged boobs and butt on your model, compared to the original. In my opinion, you have overdone it as little bit. The original model seems like a person you are more likely to meet in the real world, vs. a girl who is arguably prettier but less... plain? I hope I explain myself properly, I'm struggling a bit with finding the right words. What attracted me to the original model was that her shy and naive personality matched her slightly introverted, but still very pretty, looks.

But I have to say I do like her face in the banner on the top of this thread!
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/08/1378240_Claire_Banner.png
That dreamy look has indeed the same feeling as the original!

I'll go through the files of the original to see if some scene matches your poses for comparison. View attachment 1356424 View attachment 1356425 View attachment 1356426

In the last picture, the differences are much less apparent than in the other picture. Except the eyebrows, which is one part of the original I disliked a bit, so no complaints there. ;)

Your lighting and textures are obviously way better / more up-to-date. (y)
The original eyebrows are very inconsistent. Claire is supposed to be naive and detached from female fashion, at least initially and before her training, so she should NOT have well groomed eyebrows. The new eyebrows are much more natural and consistent with character archetype. The same can be said for the new model in general. It more naturally fits a charming but naive young girl entering womanhood

Reactions: Assari and Yngling

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
The original eyebrows are very inconsistent. Claire is supposed to be naive and detached from female fashion, at least initially and before her training, so she should NOT have well groomed eyebrows. The new eyebrows are much more natural and consistent with character archetype. The same can be said for the new model in general. It more naturally fits a charming but naive young girl entering womanhood
Agreed! (y)

Reactions: hmc15
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes