VN Ren'Py Our Fate: Remake (Dev Thread)

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
The supporting characters look good too. MC design is fine, Ray looks similar to the original. I do prefer a lighter shade for Shenice, but she's ok now. Anna looks great, and close to the original if I remember correctly. Can we see samples of her with less clothes though to see what her body would look like? Only thing I might suggest is to tone down her abs a bit - she was fit, but they look a bit overboard IMO

I'm doing the three paths. Caring, romance and dark.
Honestly doing different paths does not require a lot of work if you actually know how to do it. BUT, the original game has one thing that i think is really bad designed, the game let you be caring or loving if you are in the dark path or the other way around and it makes no sense. So that's the only big change i'll probably do.
Hope there will be different content (and renders) based on the paths. The one thing I didn't like about the original game was how the renders were exactly the same despite how different the MC reacted, just didn't make sense to me. Also I wanted more content :LOL:

On the caring "good father" path, will there be other love interests for Claire?

Despite what the NTR / anti-NTR crowd thinks, I think the natural path that fathers have to take is to give their beloved daughter away to some guy (or girl).

I had the feeling that Cedsense did plan an ending where Claire would marry someone else than the MC.

I think the idea was to able to have a hard-nosed cynical MC who is still a good guy underneath.
Or the other way around: a very charming but ultimately evil MC.
It may have some merit but on the other hand I'm not sure it's worth the effort.
MY Claire is not being shared with anybody. I don't really think that was the plan from the original dev, but maybe I'm wrong

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
On the caring "good father" path, will there be other love interests for Claire?

Despite what the NTR / anti-NTR crowd thinks, I think the natural path that fathers have to take is to give their beloved daughter away to some guy (or girl).

I had the feeling that Cedsense did plan an ending where Claire would marry someone else than the MC.

I think the idea was to able to have a hard-nosed cynical MC who is still a good guy underneath.
Or the other way around: a very charming but ultimately evil MC.
It may have some merit but on the other hand I'm not sure it's worth the effort.
In the caring path Claire is not a love interest for the MC so i don't see why she wouldn't discover love with another person, cedsense hinted this with the pool interaction. BUT she wont be doing sexual stuff with other people, meaning that yes you maybe see her dating and so but she won't be doing the naughty on or off screen, that's my vision of what i want to do.

Ok, so now that i'm at it let me tell you guys how i'm gonna do the paths once for all.

There will be three main paths, for each one of these paths you will be presented with different choices accordingly.
Once you choose a path you will not be able to make choices from other paths.

Caring path, you are a pure father or a fatherly figure.
Indifferent: While you care about your daughter you aren't that invested in her, you will support her with money and stuff but that's it.
Confused: You care for your daughter but sometimes you can't help but see her as an attractive young woman.
(This choice will use some of the romance path scenes from the Romantic choice)
Care: Your daughter is the most important thing in your life, you will do anything for her, you are interested in her and how she feels.

Romance path, you fell in love with your daughter and mostly pursue her as a love interest.
Invested: The soft option, you want to make her your lover but you aren't that insterested in the sexual part.
(This choice will use some of the caring path scenes Indifferent and Care choices)
Romantic: You feel really aroused by her and pursue a love and sexual relationship.
Sexual: The thought of her makes you extremely aroused, your main goal is a sexual relationship.
(This choice will use some of the dak path scenes)

Dark path, you were bored and found a new toy to play with.
Toying: While you aren't that interested in her, the thought of a new toy to play with sounds fun.
(This choice will use some of the caring and sexual path scenes Indifferent and Sexual choices)
Perversion: Found an innocent young girl, wouldn't it be nice to make her my personal slut?
(This choice will use some of the sexual path scenes from the Sexual choice)
Hardcore: It's simple, she does everything i tell her to do or she will be living on the streets and get slaven by the loan sharks.
(This choice will use some of the caring path scenes from the Indifferent choice)

This system makes me able to get three important things.
  1. Your choices will actually matter so you feel like you are role playing your own character.
  2. I can reuse a lot of content from different paths in a way that actually makes sense and the player wouldn't notice.
  3. Each of the paths have a gradient of choices, from near to far of the original path, meaning your choices will feel grey instead of black and white.
Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
In the caring path Claire is not a love interest for the MC so i don't see why she wouldn't discover love with another person, cedsense hinted this with the pool interaction. BUT she wont be doing sexual stuff with other people, meaning that yes you maybe see her dating and so but she won't be doing the naughty on or off screen, that's my vision of what i want to do.

Ok, so now that i'm at it let me tell you guys how i'm gonna do the paths once for all.

There will be three main paths, for each one of these paths you will be presented with different choices accordingly.

Indifferent: While you care about your daughter you aren't that invested in her, you will support her with money and stuff but that's it.
Confused: You care for your daughter but sometimes you can't help but see her as an attractive young woman.
Care: Your daughter is the most important thing in your life, you will do anything for her, you are interested in her and how she feels.

Romance path, you fell in love with your daughter and mostly pursue her as a love interest.
Invested: The soft option, you want to make her your lover but you aren't that insterested in the sexual part.
(This choice will use some of the caring path scenes Indifferent and Care choices)
Romantic: You feel really aroused by her and pursue a love and sexual relationship.
Sexual: The thought of her makes you extremely aroused, your main goal is a sexual relationship.

Toying: While you aren't that interested in her, the thought of a new toy to play with sounds fun.
(This choice will use some of the caring and sexual path scenes Indifferent and Sexual choices)
Perversion: Found an innocent young girl, wouldn't it be nice to make her my personal slut?
Hardcore: It's simple, she does everything i tell her to do or she will be living on the streets and get slaven by the loan sharks.
(This choice will use some of the caring path scenes from the Indifferent choice)

1. Your choices will actually matter so you feel like you are role playing your own character.
  2. I can reuse a lot of content from different paths in a way that actually makes sense and the player wouldn't notice.
  3. Each of the paths have a gradient of choices, from near to far of the original path, meaning your choices will feel grey instead of black and white.
This seems pretty cool, a lot of opportunities for choices. At the same time, I feel like having this many sub-routes would complicate writing and coding significantly. I'd suggest cutting a few sub-routes that I imagine people would be the least interested in - Indifferent, Confused, Invested, maybe combine Sexual and Perversion ones?

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
This seems pretty cool, a lot of opportunities for choices. At the same time, I feel like having this many sub-routes would complicate writing and coding significantly. I'd suggest cutting a few sub-routes that I imagine people would be the least interested in - Indifferent, Confused, Invested, maybe combine Sexual and Perversion ones?
These aren't sub routes i think you didn't get it or i didn't explain myself correctly, the game has one main storyline, then the player "selects" one of the three paths, then you are locked on that path meaning you make the mc choose between the three ways of reaction of that path, as you can see on the system list the three choices of each path share a common progression the first being more indifferent and the last being the closest to the actual path theme. For example the indifferent choice can share scenes with the toying choice in the dark path since these both share the theme of indifference as i described in the post. Also the additional renders aren't that much to deal with i've explained a little more in the main post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Assari

GerdiB

Jun 14, 2017
[...] Only thing I might suggest is to tone down her abs a bit - she was fit, but they look a bit overboard IMO [...]
I agree. They look a little bit too defined.

Edit: mistakenly linked the wrong picture. This is the correct one.

Last edited:

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
These aren't sub routes i think you didn't get it or i didn't explain myself correctly, the game has one main storyline, then the player "selects" one of the three paths, then you are locked on that path meaning you make the mc choose between the three ways of reaction of that path, as you can see on the system list the three choices of each path share a common progression the first being more indifferent and the last being the closest to the actual path theme. For example the indifferent choice can share scenes with the toying choice in the dark path since these both share the theme of indifference as i described in the post. Also the additional renders aren't that much to deal with i've explained a little more in the main post.
Oh yeah, I did misunderstand it. It does make more sense now :)

Reactions: V19XX

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
I agree. They look a little bit too defined.
He was talking about Anna not Claire, and how are these abs? that's a fluffy tummy with an horizontal fat fold :ROFLMAO:
Anyways i'm not making anymore changes to her the last thing i did was to make her thighs a little thicker near the knee like the og and also made her breasts a bit larger and closer, that would be it, i like my design the way it is right now.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
He was talking about Anna not Claire, and how are these abs? that's a fluffy tummy with an horizontal fat fold :ROFLMAO:
Anyways i'm not making anymore changes to her the last thing i did was to make her thighs a little thicker near the knee like the og and also made her breasts a bit larger and closer, that would be it, i like my design the way it is right now.
I like it too.
Can't have the MC dislocate her pelvis first thing in lack of some cushion.

LazyBear29

Feb 20, 2021

This system looks very nice. I have one sugestion for Dark Path. I think what most of us found most interesting in it was that MC was slowly making Claire more and more submissive without actually forcing anything on her. He deprived her of self assurance and make her feel totally dependend on him only with psychologic conditioning. No blackmail or other cheap tricks used in other games. Hope your version of the game will have similar feel to the original.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
MY Claire is not being shared with anybody. I don't really think that was the plan from the original dev, but maybe I'm wrong
First of all, it is one path out of three so I wouldn't worry...

Second, it is kind of how the world works... 99.9999999% of the daughters in the world don't end up marrying daddy but some deadbeat loser... :unsure:

Sounds like a great plan!

I think that Cedsense wanted to complete the game with the wedding scene you can see in the banner and the main screen. The MC can be either the groom or the best man, depending on the path.

Personally, on the caring path, I hope Anna will be a romantic option for Claire. She's the only one worthy in the original game.

Regarding the three routes:

Overview:
The story revolves around a successful writer (you) who sees his life turned upside down by an old flame calling him one night. You have a lot of decisions to make, you can choose how to approach relationships with NPCs, you can be a caring, genuinely soft-hearted man, or a more cynic, tough and 'no-bullshit' one.
You can decide who you want to have intimate relations with, how you want them to play out, skip content you don't care for and focus on what you like.

SPOILER: "The plan for the future"
In later updates, all major fetishes will be optional. For example, for incest you can choose, even if the girl is your daughter, if you want to be physically or romantically involved with her, or not.
I plan to have 4 main branches:
A bright friend / mentor / father-figure route.
A soft romance / love story path
A colder dominant - submissive route
A hard corruption one
So I guess you want to combine the cold route and the corruption route into the Romance Sexual and the Dark Toying paths.

Did you check the variables in the original game already? Do you plan to make saves compatible (if that's possible)?

I think it might work, but I do worry a bit about story continuity in those paths.

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019
I like your last changes of the MC.
I think he looks older than the previous version and it make him more credible as a father.
(I have the impression that it is the larger jaws that makes all the difference (more than the greay hair))

Anna looks perfect to me. It seems you got her right at the first try (y) (As someone said before, her abs are maybe overdone...)

Your system of three paths and 3 possible reactions/attitudes in these 3 paths seems great but also ambitious.
I understand that technically you don't see major problems and that you will share some renders between the paths, which would make the workload acceptable.
My fear is that you could have a lot of work in the dialogues for those 9 different stories and I hope that in the meantime you have found writer(s) because we don't want you to make a burnout :confused:

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
This system looks very nice. I have one sugestion for Dark Path. I think what most of us found most interesting in it was that MC was slowly making Claire more and more submissive without actually forcing anything on her. He deprived her of self assurance and make her feel totally dependend on him only with psychologic conditioning. No blackmail or other cheap tricks used in other games. Hope your version of the game will have similar feel to the original.
Don't worry, i took notes about a lot of stuff from the game, is not only that the MC knows how to make her dependant on him but also the fact that she's "alone in the world", naive and in debt also makes writing such a character more believable. The MC also do the same mind games with other characters like Sammy and the mc's girlfriend.

I will not do the "OOOH SUCK ON MAH COCK SLUT BECAUSE I TOOK A PHOTO OF YOU CHEATING ON YOUR HUSBAND" bullshit :ROFLMAO:

As i said several times before, i've been studying the characters and how the dev wrote them and the dialogs, don't think i'm gonna do something much different.

First of all, it is one path out of three so I wouldn't worry...

Second, it is kind of how the world works... 99.9999999% of the daughters in the world don't end up marrying daddy but some deadbeat loser... :unsure:

Sounds like a great plan!

I think that Cedsense wanted to complete the game with the wedding scene you can see in the banner and the main screen. The MC can be either the groom or the best man, depending on the path.

Personally, on the caring path, I hope Anna will be a romantic option for Claire. She's the only one worthy in the original game.

Regarding the three routes:

So I guess you want to combine the cold route and the corruption route into the Romance Sexual and the Dark Toying paths.

Did you check the variables in the original game already? Do you plan to make saves compatible (if that's possible)?

I think it might work, but I do worry a bit about story continuity in those paths.
I'm just gonna make the player choose the path at the begininig of the continuation, i don't see the benefit of trying to make a save compatible system because in the end very little actually matters in terms of choices in the og game, just the path matters somewhat.

I like your last changes of the MC.
I think he looks older than the previous version and it make him more credible as a father.
(I have the impression that it is the larger jaws that makes all the difference (more than the greay hair))

Anna looks perfect to me. It seems you got her right at the first try (y) (As someone said before, her abs are maybe overdone...)

Your system of three paths and 3 possible reactions/attitudes in these 3 paths seems great but also ambitious.
I understand that technically you don't see major problems and that you will share some renders between the paths, which would make the workload acceptable.
My fear is that you could have a lot of work in the dialogues for those 9 different stories and I hope that in the meantime you have found writer(s) because we don't want you to make a burnout :confused:
Already changed Anna a bit, check the new bikini renders :)

The system is not that complex, i need to write 3 different (but not completely different) story branches with the mc doing most of the dialog, and you wouldn't always be able to choose from 3 choices, sometimes you have only 2, depends on the situation, why would i use 3 choices if the third option has the same outcome as one of the other 2? most devs even make the player make a choice and then only change a line of text lol, pretty lame, dishonest and shitty tbh.

Last edited:

LazyBear29

Feb 20, 2021
Don't worry, i took notes about a lot of stuff from the game, is not only that the MC knows how to make her dependant on him but also the fact that she's "alone in the world", naive and in debt also makes writing such a character more believable. The MC also do the same mind games with other characters like Sammy and the mc's girlfriend.

I will not do the "OOOH SUCK ON MAH COCK SLUT BECAUSE I TOOK A PHOTO OF YOU CHEATING ON YOUR HUSBAND" bullshit :ROFLMAO:

As i said several times before, i've been studying the characters and how the dev wrote them and the dialogs, don't think i'm gonna do something much different.

I'm just gonna make the player choose the path at the begininig of the continuation, i don't see the benefit of trying to make a save compatible system because in the end very little actually matters in terms of choices in the og game, just the path matters somewhat.

The system is not that complex, i need to write 3 different (but not completely different) story branches with the mc doing most of the dialog, and you wouldn't always be able to choose from 3 choices, sometimes you have only 2, depends on the situation, why would i use 3 choices if the third option has the same outcome as one of the other 2? most devs even make the player make a choice and then only change a line of text lol, pretty lame, dishonest and shitty tbh.
Thx for the replay. It reassured me that everything is going in the right direction. As for Anna I think she looks perfect. No other changes needed. She was supposed to be a very fit girl so having well definded abs suits her I think.

Last edited:

Randeep44

Jan 16, 2019
Thank you!
I also did this by myself, the thing is the light and the camera are very important in 3D renders (and irl) the "narrower" facial features might appear like that also because i'm using a portrait camera of 85mm (that's the focal lenght usually used in photoshoots for portraits) which you want to use for a game with a lot of face driven shots. Also the light plays a big role here because in the "remake" render i used multiple interior white lights with different angles and with the banner (quick) render i used two sources the hdri and a single "natural" light and that's what the dev of the original game used most of the time everything is just full lit from a single source.

Now, i'm still working on the characters as i said, assets are something i can't magically change because it would require a lot of time, the hair for example is close enough for me not to actually model the hair and transfer it to daz which will take a lot of time and effort. The outfit for the girl i'm also ok with it but i agree with the tshirt being too short maybe. The body is another thing i have to work more on, in terms of quality is way better than the original (you just saw a render with a single pose and clothes so wait to judge) but maybe the proportions are more instagram model like instead of the natural look of the original.

Today i will focus on all of this, i hope i can get more feedback when i post the new concept renders, cheers.
I can write for free i am also trying to better my technique as well so if you want Message if you still want a writer.

Reactions: Sexy Afrodita

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019

It is maybe a detail but now that I took a look at both girls (Claire and Anna) what I find a bit odd is the size
of the Claire's navel (also when comparing Claire with herself in the old game)

Navel of Anna is ok and its shape is also ok since she is supposed to be in shape.

Navel of Claire is a bit too much of a black hole in the middel of her stomach.
Maybe reduce its size, make it a bit less dark and give it a shape slightly oval (a lying oval in the horizontal direction) since she is supposed to be a bit shubby would make her tummy looks very sexy :)

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019
View attachment 1378323
And there it is, the journey began.

Gonna be sleepy at work tomorrow, wish me luck :ROFLMAO:
Good luck at your work !

Can wait to see where they will be going after this.... Eager to see the beach you have in mind (first pictures from a few days ago when you started the project looked very promising !)

(y)

Reactions: TokyoR

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
It is maybe a detail but now that I took a look at both girls (Claire and Anna) what I find a bit odd is the size
of the Claire's navel (also when comparing Claire with herself in the old game)

Navel of Anna is ok and its shape is also ok since she is supposed to be in shape.

Navel of Claire is a bit too much of a black hole in the middel of her stomach.
Maybe reduce its size, make it a bit less dark and give it a shape slightly oval (a lying oval in the horizontal direction) since she is supposed to be a bit shubby would make her tummy looks very sexy :)
Yeah, i fixed that time ago, just forgot about a morph i used in older versions. I fixed some other minor things like that in general, all the models are now on production ready stage and i'm going to start writing and rendering.

Reactions: FreddyK and TheSimp
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes