VN Ren'Py Our Fate: Remake (Dev Thread)

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Ero - Sennin

May 18, 2017
Hey, why don't you mentioned about 6 facepalm reactions by yourself to my old posts?
Well you gave me 2 reaction score so its just right that I give it back 3x as a form of gratitude right ? but who would have thought that you're much generous than I am to gave me another 18

• Haha
Reactions: Kame-Sennin

Ero - Sennin

May 18, 2017
Since you cant read three posts longer up... Here is an answer from the dev for that exact question.
So just because I haven't read 3 previous post means that I already deserve a hate reaction just by asking a simple question ? My bad then I'm so stupid not to read backwards , If you have the time to click a stupid reaction why can't you just be kind to answer a simple "YES"

Reactions: Kame-Sennin

nuclearbomb

Mar 26, 2018
So just because I haven't read 3 previous post means that I already deserve a hate reaction just by asking a simple question ? My bad then I'm so stupid not to read backwards , If you have the time to click a stupid reaction why can't you just be kind to answer a simple "YES"
If you have time to argue with others, as you was and is still doing then you would also have time to read a little, especially as your answer was on the same page even. Either way you now have your answer so maybe chill down?

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
The new header looks great! The rendering phase countdown feels like it's going forever, but I know you're working hard on it. Any more preview pics maybe??
I've got some bad news i'm afraid. I like to be clear about things.

I'm not working on the game since Friday, I got a message from supposedly Cedsense's "editor" "Dan The Man" in f95zone. It seems he's gonna reach to CedSense to see what's his/her stance about this project as Dan claims Ced wants to finish the game. Anyways as this is a unofficial fan project I could continue the development but that doesn't fit on how I feel about this.
I offered to work with Ced if he wants to be involve, I don't have high hopes but let's see what happens.
The answer i'm waiting for is already taking some time I could have used to work on the game, at least I got the rest of the game mostly done, like the sounds, UI etc...

If you like the Taboo genre I have some other projects i'm working on that you guys might be interested in. At least this project served me to gain more experience in terms of story telling and other things.

Last edited:

venusvoss

Mar 7, 2020

I'm not working on the game since Friday, I got a message from supposedly Cedsense's "editor" "Dan The Man" in f95zone. It seems he's gonna reach to CedSense to see what's his/her stance about this project as Dan claims Ced wants to finish the game. Anyways as this is a unofficial fan project I could continue the development but that doesn't fit on how I feel about this.
I offered to work with Ced if he wants to be involve, I don't have high hopes but let's see what happens.
The answer i'm waiting for is already taking some time I could have used to work on the game, at least I got the rest of the game mostly done, like the sounds, UI etc...

If you like the Taboo genre I have some other projects i'm working on that you guys might be interested in. At least this project served me to gain more experience in terms of story telling and other things.
Is there a way you can take the model you created for this game and use it for your other projects with a few tweaks here and there? You created an amazingly beautiful character and it will be a shame not to see her...

nuclearbomb

Mar 26, 2018
-snip-
Damn, that sucks, CedSense do log in to f95 from time to time still. Would have loved if he could maybe give us the fans of the game an update on what is going on, since some of us want to see the game continued be it with or without him. That a random person comes and claims this and that should not push you out of this project.

But if you don't feel like stepping on somebody's work, even when it has been abandoned for 2 years now. Why not change the title, change up parts of the story and make it your own game? Instead of a fan remake as it is now, make it a new game based on our fate?

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
Is there a way you can take the model you created for this game and use it for your other projects with a few tweaks here and there? You created an amazingly beautiful character and it will be a shame not to see her...
I don't like the idea as for me that character is my "Claire" and she should remain that.
I had to adapt my style quite a bit to make the characters for this project as the original characters were a bit cartoon like or let's say less realistic than how my characters usually look.

The project is not dead YET, I will wait a couple of days more which I think is a reasonable time frame of courtesy, if I don't get any response then I will continue to work on the game.

Damn, that sucks, CedSense do log in to f95 from time to time still. Would have loved if he could maybe give us the fans of the game an update on what is going on, since some of us want to see the game continued be it with or without him. That a random person comes and claims this and that should not push you out of this project.

But if you don't feel like stepping on somebody's work, even when it has been abandoned for 2 years now. Why not change the title, change up parts of the story and make it your own game? Instead of a fan remake as it is now, make it a new game based on our fate?
I don't feel like that's a good idea, if I can't continue OurFate then it shall remain like that instead of being a bootleg.

The main project I have in mind right now(Which I've already started working on just in case) touches the same topic as OurFate and has similar aspects so I would say fans of the game(like me) will love it.

If in the worst case scenario where i'm "not allowed" to work on this project anymore I will publish a Build of OurFate Continues in it's current state so at least the fans get to enjoy a bit more of "OurFate" you can think of it like a lost extra chapter.
And it will make people see the quality of (my) work for future projects.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Please, many of us are so excited for your version of the game - CedSense hasn't worked on his game for 2 years, and there's no confirmation Dan The Man was even involved with the project. Even if he was, that doesn't mean you can't still launch your version, which at least in terms of the renders is an obvious upgrade!

I was going to suggest many of the same things others already have - keep this as another version either way, or consider it a spinoff??

The main project I have in mind right now(Which I've already started working on just in case) touches the same topic as OurFate and has similar aspects so I would say fans of the game(like me) will love it.

If in the worst case scenario where i'm "not allowed" to work on this project anymore I will publish a Build of OurFate Continues in it's current state so at least the fans get to enjoy a bit more of "OurFate" you can think of it like a lost extra chapter.
Like many others following this thread, my main fetish is Father-Daughter, so if your other projects are in that genre I will definitely follow them. But your renders of Claire are so beautiful, it would be such a shame not to use them! They fit the innocence of her character so well, but would still be great for another daughter character if you decide to go a different direction.

And here's some previews, stop asking for more pls :ROFLMAO:
These are so good. We need to see your version of Claire naked with Daddy! :LOL: PLEASE KEEP DEVELOPING THIS GAME! If this is about patreons, I'm sure they will pick up after you release your prologue!

Last edited:
Reactions: Assari

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019

Cedsense as logged into F95 Friday. According to me it is the first time for more than one year.
So it seems that your project has indeed shaken things up :)

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have the impression that it is indeed more bad news (because I like what you have done so far) than good news (because I like the old game). This will only delay your project and not make the old game get a new life.

Has CedSense reached to you since Friday ? Because if it is not the case, it is indeed bad news...

(btw, nice previews, like always)

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Cedsense as logged into F95 Friday. According to me it is the first time for more than one year.
So it seems that your project has indeed shaken things up :)

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have the impression that it is indeed more bad news (because I like what you have done so far) than good news (because I like the old game). This will only delay your project and not make the old game get a new life.

Has CedSense reached to you since Friday ? Because if it is not the case, it is indeed bad news...

(btw, nice previews, like always)
That is actually annoying though if that is the case. If Cedsense was able to continue development of the game, then he should have already. If all it took was someone else starting a continuation of the game for him to resume development, then he probably isn't that motivated to get back to this, and it will get abandoned again anyway. No need to stop development of this version of the game based on the slight possibility Cedsense might return, when he's shown no commitment to do so thus far.

nuclearbomb

Mar 26, 2018
I don't like the idea as for me that character is my "Claire" and she should remain that.
I had to adapt my style quite a bit to make the characters for this project as the original characters were a bit cartoon like or let's say less realistic than how my characters usually look.

The project is not dead YET, I will wait a couple of days more which I think is a reasonable time frame of courtesy, if I don't get any response then I will continue to work on the game.

I don't feel like that's a good idea, if I can't continue OurFate then it shall remain like that instead of being a bootleg.

Damn, alright I can understand that. Lets see what happens, either Cedsense finally comes out from under his rock and continues this project or you can :)

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019
That is actually annoying though if that is the case. If Cedsense was able to continue development of the game, then he should have already. If all it took was someone else starting a continuation of the game for him to resume development, then he probably isn't that motivated to get back to this, and it will get abandoned again anyway. No need to stop development of this version of the game based on the slight possibility Cedsense might return, when he's shown no commitment to do so thus far.
I agree with you, the development of the new game shouldn't be stopped for this.

If CedSense takes contact, it could perhaps be good news if he gives his support. By at least giving his blessing for the new game or maybe better by helping with the storyline for as much as the new writer needs it. I'm not a writer but I guess he had already a pretty good idea on how the story would go on.

Anyway, I think V19XX should definitely go on with this project whatever CedSense does...

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Hmm, on one hand I am happy that CedSense seems to be "back" (in a way) and wants to continue development.

On the other hand time has not stood still and V19XX's renders are obviously more up-to-date, compared to the originals.

The obvious solution would be that V19XX continues to render and CedSense resumes to write. That way, hopefully the support of V19XX enables CedSense to continue the development of the game. It seems clear that, for some reason, CedSense didn't feel up to it to continue development on his own, so if they work together they can share the burden and bring this project to a good conclusion.

Kaasje404

Apr 15, 2021
Our fate was the reason i started playing adult novels. I absolutely love that its being picked up again after two years. It looks pretty promising, keep up the good work! :)

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
Bad news.

I got a really short and dismissive message, it seems CedSense wants me to stop the development.
That's it for me guys. Thank you for your interest.
I've wasted a lot of time, effort and hard work but I can only blame me, really.

I hope you stick around for a new project i'm working on, if you liked "Our Fate" i'm sure you will also like my new game.
I will make a thread for it as soon as I can.
For the few people on patreon you can request a refund.

Bazooka171

Oct 8, 2019
Bad news.

I got a really short and dismissive message, it seems CedSense wants me to stop the development.
I've wasted a lot of time, effort and hard work but I can only blame me, really.

I hope you stick around for a new project i'm working on, if you liked "Our Fate" i'm sure you will also like my new game.
First of all-its not your fault, i remember y trying to reach him in the original OF thread and people who could reach him and got no responce or permission so y tried.
Second-I dont believe y lost your time and neither should you do so, you tried to revive a game that many liked and by doing it, y showed your work and your abilities and i for one are excited about your new project.
About what just happened, that's life, your just take it and move on, if cedsense doesnt want the game or the project finished thats his choice.
And i would really like to see the work y did in this remake.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
That's really too bad.

At this point, I do think CedSense would need to make a community announcement regarding his intentions.

There are plenty of developers who are not so respectful to the story nor to the original creator as you have been.

I do look forward to your next project!

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019
Bad news.

That is really sad to read. It seems i was way too optimtic to think that the wake up of CedSense could be good news.

I have just read some comments in the original game thread. The situtation "behind the scenes" (I guess it means private life situation) seems really bad. That bad that it is not possible to communicate about it and that bad that the old game can't be continued. I can understand and respect that. On the other hand, if the situation is so bad, how can the fact that someone is making a remake of the game be of any importance ?
The message you got from CedSense not being really friendly, to me it sounds more like the behavior of a child who has lost interest in his toy, but would rather see it go to the trash rather than see someone else play with it.

You are really not to be blamed. That were 2 interesting months. Thank you for your work.
I hope you will publish what you have done (and maybe one day resume the game).
I will follow your new project with great interest.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes