Our Home has two modes Free-roam (sandbox) and VN, which mode did you play in?

• Free-Roam (Sandbox)

Votes: 45 31.9%
  • VN (Linear)

Votes: 96 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Dev Log #54 to version 2.16.0

More Details

dev-log.jpg

Reactions: WakamoSato

collinio

Jan 20, 2018
A lot of areas seem to be in progress such as the mall, gym police station. I've only just started the game and can't progress as it tells me to message Norah which, when i open the phone, i can't do. So will probably give up on this which is a shame as the renders look great and i like the premiss

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
A lot of areas seem to be in progress such as the mall, gym police station. I've only just started the game and can't progress as it tells me to message Norah which, when i open the phone, i can't do. So will probably give up on this which is a shame as the renders look great and i like the premiss

I'm sorry to hear you had a poor experience at Our Home. Some areas become accessible as you progress with characters. We haven't made progress with Samantha, one of the police officers, yet. We're in the middle of developing progress with Juliana, the gym's personal trainer, and there are a few characters working in the shopping mall, but there are no missions available at the moment.

It's unusual for players to encounter issues at this stage of the game, as it's quite straightforward. You just need to open your phone, go to the messaging app, click on Norah, and send her a message.

If you need more direct assistance, please feel free to send me a private message.

collinio

Jan 20, 2018
I'm sorry to hear you had a poor experience at Our Home. Some areas become accessible as you progress with characters. We haven't made progress with Samantha, one of the police officers, yet. We're in the middle of developing progress with Juliana, the gym's personal trainer, and there are a few characters working in the shopping mall, but there are no missions available at the moment.

It's unusual for players to encounter issues at this stage of the game, as it's quite straightforward. You just need to open your phone, go to the messaging app, click on Norah, and send her a message.

If you need more direct assistance, please feel free to send me a private message.
Hi
I do, i go on the phone i click onthe messaging app and Norah but no message comes up nor can i send one.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Gray21 Firstly, thank you for your review.

Regarding the language selection at the beginning of the game and the introductory presentation, I'd like to inform you that this issue has already been addressed. It will be possible to skip the introduction screen after viewing it at least once, along with language selection and other preliminary steps before reaching the menu.

About your comment and others who have echoed the sentiment that the sandbox mode is "useless," I just want to point out that there is a VN (Visual Novel) mode, and this is emphasized in the game version. You can play in this mode. It's quite disheartening to see a comment like this, especially when people play a game provided for free and label a feature that the developer created as useless, especially when the same developer offers another mode that eliminates almost 99% of the entire free-roam aspect of the game.

Regarding your point about less information and more content, information is also content. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. I would appreciate it if you could clarify so that I might be able to extract something useful to improve the game. Our Home is free-to-play, with a monthly budget of about $200. In the last public release,with approximately 6 months of development, a version was built with around 2200 renders and 18 animations. Unfortunately perhaps , I won't be able to meet the content amount you seem to be suggesting. We deliver about 250 renders monthly, and in specific versions, we've managed to produce around 400 renders in one month. This is a relatively large number considering many games release, if at all. I would like you to be more specific about your feedback becouse a 3-star review that doesn't seem fair.

Last edited:

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
New release: Our Home (2.16.0)

new_release.jpg

Content on This version

Code:
- Renders: ~600
- Dialogues: ~600
- Animations: 3
- Average reading time: 40m

Content since last public release
2.12.1 to 2.16.0

Dez/2023 to Mar/2024

Code:
- Renders: ~1300
- Dialogues: ~1300
- Animations: 3
- Average reading time: ~1h40m
Download now:

Reactions: sn3p and WakamoSato

Pancuswat

Jun 16, 2021
I like the story, interface (sandbox), nice graphics. Animations were short and lit bit simple (Mirella sex scene)

I faced a couple errors but ignored it, no big deal.

Finally, keep up good work (y)

• Love
Reactions: OldHiccup

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
I like the story, interface (sandbox), nice graphics. Animations were short and lit bit simple (Mirella sex scene)

I faced a couple errors but ignored it, no big deal.

Finally, keep up good work (y)

I confess that I still need to greatly improve my animation skills, and I am really striving to do so. However, I need to weigh this because I must continue producing content. I intend to enhance previous animations, but I'm still figuring out how.
But I truly hope to improve this soon; it's one of my main goals. I'm genuinely not happy with the animations we're producing, even though they're better than some I've seen. I'm studying how to do this a bit, but I'm glad you liked the other aspects of the game.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
New release: Our Home (2.17.0)

new_release.jpg

Code:
Renders: ~400

Dialogues: ~400

Average reading time: 25m

Patreon: