Our Home has two modes Free-roam (sandbox) and VN, which mode did you play in?

• Free-Roam (Sandbox)

Votes: 45 31.9%
  • VN (Linear)

Votes: 96 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
I like the story, interface (sandbox), nice graphics. Animations were short and lit bit simple (Mirella sex scene)

I faced a couple errors but ignored it, no big deal.

Finally, keep up good work (y)
Below is a preview of one of the animations we've prepared for the next release. We still have some improvement points to work on, but with a little more time, I think we can achieve the quality we're aiming for.

We're still working on the sound effects. We don't have the budget for professional voice acting, but we'll do our best.

Creating animations of this quality takes a lot of time and effort, and it will consume some of our monthly time for each version release. However, we will work to improve this workflow and achieve it.

Pancuswat

Jun 16, 2021
Dev Log #58 to version 2.18.0

View attachment 3661883
Below is a preview of one of the animations we've prepared for the next release. We still have some improvement points to work on, but with a little more time, I think we can achieve the quality we're aiming for.

We're still working on the sound effects. We don't have the budget for professional voice acting, but we'll do our best.

Creating animations of this quality takes a lot of time and effort, and it will consume some of our monthly time for each version release. However, we will work to improve this workflow and achieve it.

Wow this is really good. Good work. ;)

In my opinion, animations are more important then sound effects. In that stage, the game does not need pro voice acting. Maybe in future.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021

I created some signatures for Our Home, in case anyone who likes it wants to add it to their signature here on F95. I can add your signature to the list if you want, just send me the link.

emily.gif

Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2024/05/3694534_emily.gif
sabrina.gif

Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2024/05/3694535_sabrina.gif
juliana.gif

Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2024/05/3694536_juliana.gif

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
A well-put-together game. I wish all renpy games had the options in the GUI that this one does.

A pet peeve of mine in any game is if the in-play screen is too busy with menu options and overbearing textboxes.
Like reading a book, your mind conjures up the scenes; I doubt there are menu options in those scenes.
Also, multiple steps to save removes immersion. Simple story-focused functions are, to me, the way to go.

Edit: Two of the onscreen menus can be hidden. :sneaky:
I hope for much success in the game.

Last edited:

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
A well-put-together game. I wish all renpy games had the options in the GUI that this one does.

A pet peeve of mine in any game is if the in-play screen is too busy with menu options and overbearing textboxes.
Like reading a book, your mind conjures up the scenes; I doubt there are menu options in those scenes.
Also, multiple steps to save removes immersion. Simple story-focused functions are, to me, the way to go.

Edit: Two of the onscreen menus can be hidden. :sneaky:
I hope for much success in the game.
Hello, thank you for your comment.

Over the months, I have made several changes to the GUI, based on some evaluations and also on things that I believed should be changed to make the GUI even better.

So, in the next public version, which should be available in a few weeks, you will notice some changes in the GUI, and from the feedback I've collected, I believe the changes are for the better.

The point you mentioned about having a cleaner screen, I believe this is what you are talking about.

1719687680676.png

In addition to the possibility of hiding the menus, you can also hide the side image, change the opacity of the text box, and adjust the font size, I also removed the quick menu with images from the screen and replaced it with smaller text in the bottom area.

To shorten the saving step, it is also possible not to use a custom save name, so saving is a little faster.

This was one of the changes made, and I will share all the changes implemented in recent months along with the dev log of the public version.

Thank you for your comments and well wishes for the game's success.

-------------------

By the way, taking the opportunity, someone might question the fact that I haven't posted a dev log in the past few weeks.
I've been a bit absent because my wife underwent surgery, but we will still keep the schedule for this month's version release.

• Hey there
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
By the way, taking the opportunity, someone might question the fact that I haven't posted a dev log in the past few weeks.
I've been a bit absent because my wife underwent surgery, but we will still keep the schedule for this month's version release.
Thanks for your response. I'll try the screen-clearing options you pointed out. The dialogue report system is great, and as a proofreader myself, any way to make that process more efficient is welcome. :sneaky:

Family life comes before anything. Take care.

• Crown
Reactions: OldHiccup

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
OldHiccup you shouldn't waste money on voice acting even if you could. ;) In the few AVNs I played with voice acting, it was usually very far from what I would imagine for that character, and unless it's of perfect quality, it feels better without it.
Focus on simplicity and cleanliness of interface & navigation.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
OldHiccup you shouldn't waste money on voice acting even if you could. ;) In the few AVNs I played with voice acting, it was usually very far from what I would imagine for that character, and unless it's of perfect quality, it feels better without it.
Focus on simplicity and cleanliness of interface & navigation.

I don't have the idea of investing money in dubbing, especially because I don't have that money. My idea is to make the sound effects in the sex scenes a bit better, where the sound is more synchronized with the act itself. But at the moment, I'm not thinking of anything beyond that.

I believe the new GUI is close to achieving balance. Our focus is more on developing the story and improving some parts of the game.

Anyway, thank you very much for the tip.

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
dont like and dont play with voice acting or moans ,i prefer 100% more incidental music or a good sound quality,....dont waste tools and time with the voice ,....put that effort in the vn mode to actualy have all the details the sandbox have,.....

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
dont like and dont play with voice acting or moans ,i prefer 100% more incidental music or a good sound quality,....dont waste tools and time with the voice ,....put that effort in the vn mode to actualy have all the details the sandbox have,.....

The difference between the VN version and the free-roam version today is minimal; it doesn't affect the gameplay at all. After all, it's not like I maintained two separate games. The versions are almost 100% integrated, with all missions and story events present in both versions.

The only "relevant" difference between the free-roam version and the VN version is the some secret images. However, you can finish the entire story in VN mode, switch to sandbox mode, and find the images. This is because the VN mode is just a setting that can be changed at any time in the settings menu. In other words, you don't need to restart from scratch to find the images.

I made several improvements to the VN mode anyway; it is a bit more polished now.

Reactions: m0us3r
3.90 star(s) 17 Votes