VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.80 star(s) 23 Votes

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
it says so in step 1, the thing you're referring to is in step 2 when you and lizzie find out
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
also referring to melongirl, the devs implement the 2 mom's really well so it doesnt really feel token'd in or forced. just really wholesome. honestly "just really wholesome" should be the tagline of the entire game/ series at this point
Yeah it's pretty well implemented. Just glad in N&F we get to actually pick the relationship with our Mom. B&A is indeed "just really wholesome" to the point of being almost toxically sweet with others. You can only be kinda mad at your moms for abandoning you in a farmers market, even after picking choices that outright state you are overwhelmed. You can only have a one-way relationship only with thinking they're 'kind of difficult'. I mean Lizzie can only get mad at you like once, and that's only if you tell the truth about what happened. She's just pouting if you keep the truth and then ask her to make up with Cove (or either of the blackmailing options).

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
The step 4 epilogue does sorta turn into a cringy hugbox, too. In a way that immediately made me think "oh this was definitely written by and for 'Merikans..."

But at least Elizabeth and optionally the PC inject enough of their patent snark to keep the worst of the diabeetus in check.

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
The step 4 epilogue does sorta turn into a cringy hugbox, too. In a way that immediately made me think "oh this was definitely written by and for 'Merikans..."

But at least Elizabeth and optionally the PC inject enough of their patent snark to keep the worst of the diabeetus in check.
Yeah. I always choose the sarcastic/joking when given a chance. I'm just that way in real life as well, and Cove going 'Hey!' every time I kind of ruin the moment is great.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Yeah. I always choose the sarcastic/joking when given a chance. I'm just that way in real life as well, and Cove going 'Hey!' every time I kind of ruin the moment is great.
'S great yeah. You can pretty much from the get go play the MC with immense kusogaki energy that just can't not mouth off almost regardless of the situation. Always been a big fan of well written sarcastic wit, personally.

Reactions: Fizel

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
'S great yeah. You can pretty much from the get go play the MC with immense kusogaki energy that just can't not mouth off almost regardless of the situation. Always been a big fan of well written sarcastic wit, personally.
The sarcastic and joking options are pretty good in the game too. Especially in the later two steps.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
The sarcastic and joking options are pretty good in the game too. Especially in the later two steps.
I'm particularly fond of how you can combine embarassingly mushy stuff only too fitting for awks teenager courtship or intimate couple time with lines that indicate the MC is perfectly aware of how borderline cringe it all really is - and cheerfully deadpan does it anyway because Cove's reactions to such are great. (The poor lad is clearly stoically resigned to his BFF/SO being an incorrigible gadfly.)

Picturing a perpetual trollfaec on them is optional but perhaps unavoidable :p

It's some quality writing being able to seamlessly combo snarky situational/character comedy with embarassingly touching scenes like that.

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
I'm particularly fond of how you can combine embarassingly mushy stuff only too fitting for awks teenager courtship or intimate couple time with lines that indicate the MC is perfectly aware of how borderline cringe it all really is - and cheerfully deadpan does it anyway because Cove's reactions to such are great. (The poor lad is clearly stoically resigned to his BFF/SO being an incorrigible gadfly.)

Picturing a perpetual trollfaec on them is optional but perhaps unavoidable :p

It's some quality writing being able to seamlessly combo snarky situational/character comedy with embarassingly touching scenes like that.
OMG yes. Cove is just like 'be glad I love you'. One of the things I love is the callbacks. Start of step2 when Kyra takes Cove and MC to lunch, you can toss a straw paper at Cove. Then in step3's 'Late Shift' Moment you can do the same and he's unfazed by it. Cove just gets so used to the MC being a chaotic troll.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Then in step3's 'Late Shift' Moment you can do the same and he's unfazed by it. Cove just gets so used to the MC being a chaotic troll.
My favorite bit in that one is the option to scoop up some of his soft ice or whatever with your finger, offer it to him and then calmly wait - probably with the best 'innocently expectant' look the MC can muster - until he stops choking on his soda and licks it up, red to his ears. A move straight out of some cringy romcom anime that in context probably should be classified as some kind of soft SM embarassment play :v

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
patreon 18+ is just dialog it seems, not actuall 18+ content
No it's sexual content. Especially if compared to the actual game.

My favorite bit in that one is the option to scoop up some of his soft ice or whatever with your finger, offer it to him and then calmly wait - probably with the best 'innocently expectant' look the MC can muster - until he stops choking on his soda and licks it up, red to his ears. A move straight out of some cringy romcom anime that in context probably should be classified as some kind of soft SM embarassment play :v
OMG. Cove just over there casually choking to death while MC is over there smirking.

CookyDough

Jul 3, 2021
Ah, okay, yeah, if that's the credentials to make it happen, I definitely did not do that! Once again, I'm not sexual at all, so I would have never been that bold, and if he needed me to spell it out like that, that wasn't going to happen! To be completely honest, both MC me and RL me wasn't even thinking nothing like that when I invited him up there, I truly did have innocent intentions (but then the scene kind of hammered in that the situation was suggestive, so even a sexual dunce like me understood the cues—"child" me would not have). Man, now I want to play it again, and try to trigger this, but it's sort of out of my character, because I don't play promiscuously. Thank you for letting me know, though, it's really interesting!
I feel you! I also played very Platonic and innocent during my first runs, then I decided to role-play someone a little bolder and to my surprise Cove showed some "twist" like in my spoiler during step 2. He is a lot toned down in Step 3 if you're not his girlfriend, so "twists" like in Step 2 happened more rarely unless you choose some replies like being sick or sad or angry. Cove personality shines the best in these replies, specially

I hope the new LIs in Our Life 2, will take a bit more the lead or will clearly show how they're into you (I don't mean anything sexual but lewd hand holding will be enough for me lol While with Cove getting piggyback have 0 doki doki moment :cautious:).

Yeah, i don't really take the word "promiscuous" very strongly, I use it as a go to "someone who's seeking casual sexual activity" and I include physical contact to garner pleasure as "sexual", but I don't really mean it as in PIV or anything. If I remember correctly, first you call Cove over towards your bed, then you ask him to sleep with you (not the innuendo), but then you start staring, and have the option to touch (on the arm) and stuff; I remember pushing it this far, just to see how hilarious it would be (normally I stop at inviting him to hang out, then we fall asleep), but Cove's parents always wake up, so I sort of don't really know how to get to a "kiss"/"Almost kiss", is it how my character's personality is set?
Yeah, that's normal that they wake up after you tried to kiss him in the van, so don't worry, and you can continue toward the ending of Step 2.

Reactions: kcj300 and Jiffie

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
Yeah, I do want to try a more bratty play through someday. First time I played very bold and Dom, then the second play through (current), I played innocent and shy; I just got through with the recent Wedding DLC beta build with a bold character, and I'm starting to see shy Cove again, which I don't hate~, but I'm wondering if he'd open up more if I revert back to being the shy one? He really took the lead in step 1-3 with my shy MC, and I miss that. I first wanted to play to my personality, and though I've never been shy, I could be considered "introverted" as a teen (an emo phase, actually. I was definitely extroverted as a child), then extroverted as an adult (about 17+); so I played with a bold child, shy crushing preteen-teen, then was going for a bold in love adult, but I think when the game finish out, I'm gonna go back to shy again, for the more "Dom" Cove during the step 4/wedding DLC. I know Cove is shy by default, but he seems to go to the defense when he sees MC "struggling", as you say; I think this is the "Sick MC" Cove you're referring to? (I had skipped the "sick" options particularly if you mean the boat scene because I never intended to play a character that delicate; but I didn't realize it came with the perks of fun Cove, so I'll have to give it a go.)

On your spoiler bit, I did attempt to stir up some drama that way, just to see how it would feel to get some conflict, but I felt too bad! UnU It felt like I had to be purposefully contentious to kick start it, and it sort of made me feel like I was playing with either a stupid or antagonistic MC, because I had to argue for the sake of arguing, even though I agreed with everyone's sentiments on the subject, (I personally think all involve were being big-ass babies, but I understand why people feel that way—especially at that age—so I wouldn't say it to their face... in that moment.) and that's not the toxicity I'm looking for.

After the game is complete, only to keep it fresh (I don't typically replay games), I might try out your suggestions to see this other side to Cove. Thank you for the tips!

Reactions: CookyDough

Alter_Reyd

May 25, 2020
im not sure if this has been requested before but, does anyone has a copy of a soundtrack? the songs are just sooo gooddd :PogChamp:

Reactions: Fizel

CookyDough

Jul 3, 2021
I discovered this new moment, I wish it was illustrated. So cute.

My favorite chapter is the first one since I feel Cove's emotions to be more flexible.

I never attempted that remark in "crush" mode, since he was so frigid during "indifferent" mode, which I never dared to try it again. I love these little details.

Okay, this is super adorable and this is a good premise for Step 2 trip :sneaky:

Last edited:

gamwezs

Jul 12, 2018
Is there anyway to have Baxter show up in step four. At the beginning of step four it says that Baxter "disappeared into the shuffle of memories inside your mind." I tried starting over and trying different things but I've had no luck. At this point I'm assuming that he either shows up regardless or only shows up in the Baxter D.L.C.

Jul 30, 2018
Is there anyway to have Baxter show up in step four. At the beginning of step four it says that Baxter "disappeared into the shuffle of memories inside your mind." I tried starting over and trying different things but I've had no luck. At this point I'm assuming that he either shows up regardless or only shows up in the Baxter D.L.C.
I think I read somewhere that the Baxter DLC is for Step 3 & Step 4 so I would think that Baxter would only show up in Step 4 if you do his DLC content in Step 3.

4.80 star(s) 23 Votes