VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.80 star(s) 23 Votes

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Is there anyway to have Baxter show up in step four. At the beginning of step four it says that Baxter "disappeared into the shuffle of memories inside your mind." I tried starting over and trying different things but I've had no luck. At this point I'm assuming that he either shows up regardless or only shows up in the Baxter D.L.C.
With the dlcs, there will be a new version of step 4 that is centered around whichever boy. You'll supposedly be able to choose which one, which is what will lead to results like Baxter being your ex-boyfriend who is now helping to plan your wedding. So you can date Baxter in step 3 but end up with Cove (or Derek), from what I read.

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Oh yeah there is something that I think a lot of people will be glad to know/find out, From what it looks like we are rapidly approaching the release of the Wedding DLC at least from the consistent updates the Devs are giving us on the Patreon Discord.

View attachment 1592528
Oh I must have forgotten to post but they confirmed the Wedding DLC and the public version of the mini-demo are to be released by the end on January.

Last edited:

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
My game is crashing in the Boating chapter of Step 3 when the characters are playing a guessing game and it is the MCs turn. Any way to fix it?
Best guess is to delete everything and redownload.

I had a few crashes and errors a while back when the stages was updating, because I didn't really understand how the DLC was already incorporated by the poster, and when the adult version and betas started coming out, I sort of dumped things in the wrong spot and messed everything up.

Saves can be found in the Game folder (I think, don't quote me, it's been a while, and I think that's where Ren'py puts it), you can take that out, delete everything else, then put it into the new download's game folder; Itch.io has the voice files out for free, so you can toss that (back) in there (game folder) as well.

If you just download "Our Life: Beta Build 0.98 (Cove Wedding DLC Intro!)" that's all you need, and if you want the 18+ version, download "18+ Patreon Bonus" to a separate spot, as these are two different games. This should give you the latest of everything, I believe. (I think "OurLife-v1.4.0" is just the official release of everything without the WIP beta content, so if I'm wrong and DLC is missing, or you don't want the beta, download/play that one instead, I guess...)

Everything else is just pieces of DLC in case you've maybe downloaded it somewhere else, or purchased other content and just want one particular DLC and stuff, I believe.

Disclaimer, don't quote me on anything and take this with a grain of salt, I don't really know what could be your problem, and everything has worked on my end since I've played it, so you can give it a try and see if it helps. Good luck!

Reactions: Andalos

Andalos

Jun 16, 2019
Best guess is to delete everything and redownload.

I had a few crashes and errors a while back when the stages was updating, because I didn't really understand how the DLC was already incorporated by the poster, and when the adult version and betas started coming out, I sort of dumped things in the wrong spot and messed everything up.

Saves can be found in the Game folder (I think, don't quote me, it's been a while, and I think that's where Ren'py puts it), you can take that out, delete everything else, then put it into the new download's game folder; Itch.io has the voice files out for free, so you can toss that (back) in there (game folder) as well.

If you just download "Our Life: Beta Build 0.98 (Cove Wedding DLC Intro!)" that's all you need, and if you want the 18+ version, download "18+ Patreon Bonus" to a separate spot, as these are two different games. This should give you the latest of everything, I believe. (I think "OurLife-v1.4.0" is just the official release of everything without the WIP beta content, so if I'm wrong and DLC is missing, or you don't want the beta, download/play that one instead, I guess...)

Everything else is just pieces of DLC in case you've maybe downloaded it somewhere else, or purchased other content and just want one particular DLC and stuff, I believe.

Disclaimer, don't quote me on anything and take this with a grain of salt, I don't really know what could be your problem, and everything has worked on my end since I've played it, so you can give it a try and see if it helps. Good luck!
Dowloaded 1.4.0 and the DLCs again and it still crashed but it worked with 0.98 Beta. Thanks a lot for the help.

Reactions: Jiffie and kcj300

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
Dowloaded 1.4.0 and the DLCs again and it still crashed but it worked with 0.98 Beta. Thanks a lot for the help.
Glad it helped!

Also, you're not supposed to download the DLCs with 1.4.0, I don't think, the DLCs already comes preinstalled, the DLCs is only for if you already have the base game from the original sites, and is only looking for specific DLCs (or something).

Though, I don't know if this will prevent any crashes, I just know when I downloaded 1.4.0 and DLC, I've experienced a few errors myself, but not if I didn't add the DLC to 1.4.0, and the DLCs were preinstalled for me.

Andalos

Jun 16, 2019
Glad it helped!

Also, you're not supposed to download the DLCs with 1.4.0, I don't think, the DLCs already comes preinstalled, the DLCs is only for if you already have the base game from the original sites, and is only looking for specific DLCs (or something).

Though, I don't know if this will prevent any crashes, I just know when I downloaded 1.4.0 and DLC, I've experienced a few errors myself, but not if I didn't add the DLC to 1.4.0, and the DLCs were preinstalled for me.
First time I downloaded the game here it needed to download the DLCs separately so I went by that. Its working with the Beta so I'll stick with it by now.

sir1998

Aug 11, 2020
Our Life: Beta Build 0.99 (Full Wedding DLC! PC, Mac, & Android)

Congratulations on your wedding ️!!!!! This version has the entire Cove Wedding DLC from start to finish. It's actually here.
Note: It is missing Kyra's formal outfits so she doesn't appear on-screen during the reception and the MC cut-in image also doesn't show yet because we're still working on the programming for it.
I did try my best to test this build but the Wedding DLC ended up as one of the largest sections in the entire game and has more small alterations than any other part before. It's pretty likely that I've missed something somewhere. Please do let me know if you run into an error or weird continuity!
Save files from the main game should work with this beta build, but save files from older beta builds likely won't.

Wow. We're at the end here. This is the final Cove expansion we've got in the works (at least for the main game, it's not impossible there will be some bonus stuff someday). It's unbelievable that we've finally made it this far. But, as always, thank you for waiting and we hope you enjoy

jazjaz

Jun 8, 2021

Congratulations on your wedding ️!!!!! This version has the entire Cove Wedding DLC from start to finish. It's actually here.
Note: It is missing Kyra's formal outfits so she doesn't appear on-screen during the reception and the MC cut-in image also doesn't show yet because we're still working on the programming for it.
I did try my best to test this build but the Wedding DLC ended up as one of the largest sections in the entire game and has more small alterations than any other part before. It's pretty likely that I've missed something somewhere. Please do let me know if you run into an error or weird continuity!
Save files from the main game should work with this beta build, but save files from older beta builds likely won't.
Windows/Linux Build Download
Mac Build Download
Android Build Download
Wow. We're at the end here. This is the final Cove expansion we've got in the works (at least for the main game, it's not impossible there will be some bonus stuff someday). It's unbelievable that we've finally made it this far. But, as always, thank you for waiting and we hope you enjoy
thank youuuu

kiciyo

Oct 13, 2021

Windows/Linux Build Download
Mac Build Download
Android Build Download
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH

SmolMage

Dec 14, 2019
Sorry, I'm a little bit daft and there's a lot of links and comments on the thread.
How do I just play the full game, what do I need to download?

Pipiowl

Aug 4, 2020
i have a several question like is it necessary to use the gay tag and no sexual content because I think the two tags are contradictory
btw love the art thou

4.80 star(s) 23 Votes