VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.80 star(s) 24 Votes
Apr 16, 2018
Only one romancable character for now, yes (Cove, a boy). Two more male characters will be romancable in the upcoming DLCs.

But you can also play it as Cove's friend and develop your friendship, it doesn't have to be romantic. It's a very choice-based game.
So the only romance options are male, no female ones?

Reactions: Lucifer111

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
Right. Well, there's only one option. Also, while there is nothing sexual as such, there are still some pretty sensual scenes you can have. For instance, it seems like Cove might have a foot fetish and you can tease him with an ankle bracelet. It's very cute :love:

Reactions: Andalos
Apr 16, 2018
Right. Well, there's only one option. Also, while there is nothing sexual as such, there are still some pretty sensual scenes you can have. For instance, it seems like Cove might have a foot fetish and you can tease him with an ankle bracelet. It's very cute :love:
An ankle bracelet doesn't sound very kinky if you have a foot fetish. When I think of that I think people stepping on/in things (pudding, goo, liquids, benches, etc) or something alive messing with their feet, like dogs or octopi, or am I putting more thought into this then I should?

Grizloy

May 3, 2019
About the love interests: I might be mistaken, but as far as I recall, there was some mention of possible sister's route. I saw it in comments, like, a year ago, not sure if they dropped that idea (although the fact that MC and his sis aren't related by blood, and that there are some bounding moments with her in game, so who knows...).
Also, unrelated, but I have a suspicion that MC's cousin from the second step is a trap. Considering two moms and possibility of changing the MC's gender identity in the beginning of the second step, kind of possible.

Reactions: Princess Groundhog

Anerion

Jun 14, 2019
About the love interests: I might be mistaken, but as far as I recall, there was some mention of possible sister's route. I saw it in comments, like, a year ago, not sure if they dropped that idea (although the fact that MC and his sis aren't related by blood, and that there are some bounding moments with her in game, so who knows...).
Also, unrelated, but I have a suspicion that MC's cousin from the second step is a trap. Considering two moms and possibility of changing the MC's gender identity in the beginning of the second step, kind of possible.
From what I know Liz isn't one of the possible route. If I remember correctly the author said that the main purpose is to romance Cove and, as secondary route, Baxter or Derek, but they should have a future DLC on their own probably.
As for the cousin... I think she is a girl. When starting the second step there are some lines of dialogues about the friends of the main character and you can choose if he/she hase or not many male and females friends and the cousin is considered a girl in that moment. Perhaps you are right, but it's not said and, stressing your point of identity, I think something like that should be said at some point. But, hey! That's one of the good things about this game, you can belive what you like most

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
adopted ✓
maybe romanceable FEMALE DLC ✓
i smell stepshit is incoming.:poop:

Man of Steel

Aug 7, 2017
I hope so too, my MC is a girl so I would love a lesbian love interest.

The developer also mentioned there will be a new game called Our Life: Now & Forever with all new characters, so maybe girl/girl romances will be available there:
Any idea when it will come out? Its kind of a shame for this one cause I know I would LOVE to play this even with no SC if there was a female LI. Heck I would even like to play as Cove and choose the "MC" as a female.

Reactions: Princess Groundhog

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
Any idea when it will come out? Its kind of a shame for this one cause I know I would LOVE to play this even with no SC if there was a female LI. Heck I would even like to play as Cove and choose the "MC" as a female.
Probably not for a while. They just released this game and are working on DLCs.

Also, if it sounds like you might love this game, I suggest you try it. If you’re male and don’t want to romance a male character, that’s fine, you can still be friends with Cove. And he’s a really great character. It’s just a great coming of age story. It gets romantic only if you choose to. But it’s very cute and wholesome :giggle:

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
An ankle bracelet doesn't sound very kinky if you have a foot fetish. When I think of that I think people stepping on/in things (pudding, goo, liquids, benches, etc) or something alive messing with their feet, like dogs or octopi, or am I putting more thought into this then I should?
I never said it was supposed to be kinky, foot fetishes don’t have to be extreme. It can be sensual and erotic. Plus they are tweens at the time.

Dec 19, 2018
Thank you for the game, and I do like it thus far and want to fully explore it but seeing the DLC thing right off in game sent me looking for it immediately, and now seeing this
18+ content, it will be made available on their Patreon
is a huge bummer, can't lie, essentially makes the game "free to play" by limiting it to gay-only with no 18+ content.

Last edited:

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
Thank you for the game, and I do like it thus far and want to fully explore it but seeing the DLC thing right off in game sent me looking for it immediately, and now seeing this

is a huge bummer, can't lie, essentially makes the game "free to play" by limiting it to gay-only with no 18+ content.
It's not gay-only. Your mc can be a girl, so it's a straight relationship. Or you can start as a boy and transition to a girl.

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
There are already two DLCs out there which add much more story, they haven't been shared yet. There will be at least two more story DLCs and an 18+ DLC. But the game as it is is finished, yes.

Reactions: sweaterweather4327
4.80 star(s) 24 Votes