VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.80 star(s) 24 Votes

YoukoKurama

Nov 29, 2017
Fuck Shiloh for real.
For real I hate him so much. I thought about inviting him to the wedding
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Where's the modding community at I need some fanfic writers to make some mods for this :cry: I might even just do it myself for my own game, add in some more angsty romance for stage 4, etc. My character is a flirt
might even just edit the scripts so when the Baxter and Derek DLCs come out my character can have his own Harem :p

laserjet28

May 15, 2021
Our Life: Beta Build 1.0 (Full Wedding/Step 4 Voiced Names! PC, Mac, & Android)

Save files from the main game should work with this beta build, but save files from older beta builds likely won't.
Windows/Linux Build Download
Mac Build Download
Android Build Download
Voiced Name DLC (PC/Mac)
New Content:
  • The Voiced Name feature now applies to Step 4 Cove
  • The missing cut-in images and Kyra's formal sprite were added
  • New voiced lines were implemented for
Do we need to add in the voiced name dlc on our own, or is it already preinstalled in the new beta build??

PS thank you for sharing this with us!! :giggle::love:

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
As far as I know this is the completed version that their dropping before it fully releases, Its mostly just to get a few bug fixes out of the way before they officially put it on store fronts since this version has all the missing content that wasn't added in the earlier Beta build so if you dont mind running into a handful of bugs you should be good to go.
And what is 1.40 version stands for? Is this somehow different from 1.0 or something? For which versions are Step DLCs for? Which version to play to not ask anymore idiotic questions?

Last edited:

Rasorui

Jun 28, 2020
And what is 1.40 version stands for? Is this somehow different from 1.0 or something? For which versions are Step DLCs for? Which version to play to not ask anymore idiotic questions?
From what I understand 1.40 version is the complete base game (step 1 to 4), 1.0 version is the pretty-much-finished beta of the wedding DLC.
All the steps DLC are compatible wit 1.40 (wedding included)

No sexual content :HideThePain:
Technically there is an 18+ indipendent moment but personally it's pretty tame

jazjaz

Jun 8, 2021
For real I hate him so much. I thought about inviting him to the wedding

Where's the modding community at I need some fanfic writers to make some mods for this :cry: I might even just do it myself for my own game, add in some more angsty romance for stage 4, etc. My character is a flirt
might even just edit the scripts so when the Baxter and Derek DLCs come out my character can have his own Harem :p
Bro I agree. need some action with Cove. We need some +18 scenes

Tinynanami

Nov 30, 2019
Very excited for Derek and Baxter! Less excited about the second game, due to the lack of male romance options, but still looking forward to it.
I might still play because the nonbinary character is still handsome and all...

I kinda feel bad for thinking (to me) they would be more attractive with he/him pronouns after childhood. Kinda guilty about it. But well, I'm a straight girl. I'm used to things not being 100% for me lol.

Might still play! But we'll see.

Miukinnie02

Jul 26, 2021
Our Life: Beta Build 1.0 (Full Wedding/Step 4 Voiced Names! PC, Mac, & Android)

Save files from the main game should work with this beta build, but save files from older beta builds likely won't.
Windows/Linux Build Download
Mac Build Download
Android Build Download
Voiced Name DLC (PC/Mac)
New Content:
  • The Voiced Name feature now applies to Step 4 Cove
  • The missing cut-in images and Kyra's formal sprite were added
  • New voiced lines were implemented for
Y'all why does the android build not work? It's literally all over the place it keep shutting down.

Miukinnie02

Jul 26, 2021
did this girl just say "well, I'm a straight girl, I'm used to things not being 100% for me" LMFAOO are you hearing yourself
[/QUOTE
did this girl just say "well, I'm a straight girl, I'm used to things not being 100% for me" LMFAOO are you hearing yourself
Ikr, if this sounded ridiculous you better not read the review on our life now and forever about some guy planning to flirt with a lesbian character

YoukoKurama

Nov 29, 2017
I would imagine they mean because this is predominantly an adult site with games that are Male protagonist based. I'm sure it's some crazy high percentage 85%+ could be as high as 90-95% of adult games are geared for guys. Even a lot of the female protag games that are "corruption" based are usually for guys.

It's always been crazy to me that "Otome" games usually don't have much sex in them. when looking at things like adult romance novels, etc. That explicitly have sex and are incredibly high selling. The market is certainly there, people just really haven't made the games. I wonder if it's because guys are making the games, idk. You can't tell me a visual novel style game like 50 Shades of Grey, insert other female erotic novel, wouldn't attract a huge female demographic to the genre.

2B9SA2

Oct 27, 2019
It's always been crazy to me that "Otome" games usually don't have much sex in them. when looking at things like adult romance novels, etc. That explicitly have sex and are incredibly high selling. The market is certainly there, people just really haven't made the games. I wonder if it's because guys are making the games, idk. You can't tell me a visual novel style game like 50 Shades of Grey, insert other female erotic novel, wouldn't attract a huge female demographic to the genre.
As a consumer of otomes is more the approach and writing style I guess. In otomes it really has a set style and at best stuff is implied. But I have found something interesting in the world of interactive fiction since they carter to a general public but most of them don't shy from touching the subject or acknowledging that kind of things and I find it an interesting turn though most projects are in progress I have found release per chapters it is interesting since most of them have one author and some group heling them beta read the project so there is the freedom they have on how to direct the story and content.
There are otomes with a more mature or fanservice vibe but tbh those usually remain not officially localized, the localized AAA Otomes are usually pretty story driven since they think will do better overseas if I am not wrong from what I hear around.
More or less is that the industry has classify as the norm and any AAA that deserves been localize, fanservice or more erotic usually don't get the chance of been localized.

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
I would imagine they mean because this is predominantly an adult site with games that are Male protagonist based. I'm sure it's some crazy high percentage 85%+ could be as high as 90-95% of adult games are geared for guys. Even a lot of the female protag games that are "corruption" based are usually for guys.

You seem to not realize that otome is a genre that isn't sexual. If there is an 'otome' game that is, it's also part of a different genre (can't remember what it is called right now). But otome isn't sexual, it's romance. Japan has this way of labeling and categorizing things (games, manga, anime, etc) so that you can have a basic idea of what you get.

Reactions: sweaterweather4327

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
You seem to not realize that otome is a genre that isn't sexual. If there is an 'otome' game that is, it's also part of a different genre (can't remember what it is called right now). But otome isn't sexual, it's romance. Japan has this way of labeling and categorizing things (games, manga, anime, etc) so that you can have a basic idea of what you get.
That is not true, "otome" means "Maiden Game", or more specifically, games aimed at "females", it can very well be sexual if it wants, sometimes developers just don't want, and that's the problem. I think you're looking for "eroge", which is just a combination of "Erotic Game", which is allowed for all sexualities, but you'd have to sludge through a load of male targeted content before you can find something for female audiences, and even then, you'll likely either find female centered photos, or men off screen CGs, none too different than the male audience erotica. But, so you know, VNs are predominantly male focused, and the tropes you know and love, all those delicious Deres, are often more than not regarded as feminine labels; that's because media is geared to the "male" (gynosexuals) gaze first and foremost, it still sort of is, which is why many male protagonist VNs are called "VNs", while female protagonist VNs get quickly labeled as "Otome" (have you ever wondered why there's no male equivalent word like "Gentleman Game" or something? That's because all games are already assumed to be male targeted, then some hot shot said "let's get women playing!"). When somone says "Sex sales", the thing people are really talking about is tits and women's ass, not dicks and men's lumps; it's a man's world, and not in the sexy way.

Otome games are often "chaste", because the world hasn't accepted women as sexual, yet, and also haven't accepted the sexualization of men; that's why YAOI is so free and raunchy, men being sexy is often regarded as gay, but I digress. It's also a cultural thing, Japan (often the influence of otome, regardless of who makes them) find demure/virgin/innocent women the most attractive and how they should be, and people like that "don't like lewed things", so these targeted "maidens" wouldn't want to read a debauched game with nudity and sex, so they won't sell as well as those filthy, filthy men audience. That's the archaic thought, that I think we've grown out of as a society, but those hooks are still in, which is why you'd find games that you think are geared towards "women" (androsexuals), often lack male sexuality; games that will have nude women the focus of CGs, and female VAs moaning, while the man is stuffed into the corner and silent; Hell, you might even find the dreaded "POV switch", when the narration switch to the man's POV to express the sex scene.

It's tragic, truly, truly tragic.

YoukoKurama

Nov 29, 2017
That is not true, "otome" means "Maiden Game", or more specifically, games aimed at "females", it can very well be sexual if it wants, developers just don't want, and that's the problem.
I was literally typing this out and saw your response, exactly right. "Otome" is a technical term. Mangagamer localized their first Otome eroge, 4ish years ago. Bocchi Musume x Produce Keikaku and it's fully tagged as Otome. So to say Otome is a genre that isn't sexual is just factually wrong.

Agree with 100% of the rest of your post.

4.80 star(s) 24 Votes