5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Blue~

Sep 1, 2018
Anyone know how the names dlc in beginnings and always worked, like how you got to get a name into the game? I'm assuming it had to do with patreon, but what was tier you needed to do that?

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Anyone know how the names dlc in beginnings and always worked, like how you got to get a name into the game? I'm assuming it had to do with patreon, but what was tier you needed to do that?
Actually it was on the Kickstarter for the first game. They will do a Patreon version for N&F though (since there's already a fan base and a finished product they can point towards unlike before). They haven't announced much though.

verlyone

Mar 12, 2018
for beginings and always the names that were in the demo were names given by the original Patreons (mine was Quinn as I wanted to offer a gender neutral option. ) plus some youtubers that played the earliest demo also had their names added as well. I also kickstarted the game so when I got the extra perk from there that's when my first name was added as an option as well.

I believe the dev said the are too many patrons this time around to add from there so they will only be added the option when the crowdfunding campaign starts.

dj756

Aug 17, 2018
So over on their patreon the public demo was updated, & at the end of the post the beta build is 20% larger than the public demo. Can anyone check to see if the beta build is any different than the one that was posted on June 10th?

sir1998

Aug 11, 2020
Our Life: Now & Forever Demo Update!

After all those posts showing the neat new things we've been improving on and adding to Our Life: Now & Forever, we're finally ready to release an expanded version of the demo! It's got twice as much content all around and gives a much better idea of what it'll be like to play the finished version.
(PC, Mac, Android)
(PC-Only)
Game Premise:

Fall has settled over a quaint town high on a mountain as the story begins. But it isn’t only the leaves that are changing. You and your mother were leaving behind everything you knew before, having just moved into that well-worn house in the middle of a tight knit cul-de-sac. It’s there where a delicate paper airplane lands at your feet and leads you to unanticipated crossroads…
Make your own path through life as you grow from childhood to adulthood with your two closest neighbors. Even in the chilly autumn weather, it’ll be a truly heartwarming time
Demo Features:
  • 50,000 words and dozens of choices to make (twice as long as the prior demo)
  • Design your own MC (with even more options than before)
  • Customize your mom to match your character (with more options than before)
  • Choose a cute sticker to tell different playthroughs apart (with more options than before)
  • Develop your own custom dynamic with the two leads (and in this demo you can start seeing the impacts of those decisions)
  • A music room to listen to the OST at your leisure (a new feature in this updated version)
It's been great seeing things shape up more and more. I really hope you'll enjoy the demo if you give it a try!
[The beta build you can get on Tier 2 and up of the Patreon is 20% larger than this public update.]

Lenwood

Dec 18, 2017
From what I can tell the newest beta build right now is the one from the 10th, but it doesn't have some of the MC customization features coded into it that the public demo now has like the cranberry hair/eyes

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
Demo Features:
  • Develop your own custom dynamic with the two leads (and in this demo you can start seeing the impacts of those decisions)
Yeah, and from what I can tell, Qiu and Tamarack continued to develop the same disposition for me, regardless of my option choice, so I don't think this site's beta reflect any of those decision?

I don't vary my choices, much, but I have swapped between "blunt" character and "teasing" character (teasing everyone in my first playthrough), and when it came to picking my disposition towards them, I did flop between Teamwork/Contesting, Praising/Unassuming, and Doting/Idolizing before the last update, yet I'm still getting the same reactions from both LIs, regardless; the custom dynamic still feels static to me, and the choices I pick for my character seems to be the only variable option.

I'm not sure what "seeing the impacts of those decisions" entails, but I assume maybe you'd get different social dynamics, from Tamarack's default "Contesting/Praising/Accepting" and Qiu's default "Teamwork/Teasing/Doting"; is this the same for everyone, still? Because this seem to be the only option that would reflect their reactions to our choices, other than "Crush/Friends/Neighbors".

I believe when I picked "Crush" for Qiu, he looks over at MC and "mellows" out while admitting to Ms. Murray's declaration that this year might be a good one. I don't know if this is replicated, at least in the same "awestruck" way if anything other than crush is picked; this is the only thing I felt reflect Qiu reciprocating a crush, to me. I have "Friends" with Tamarack, and I'm sure she's clearly reflecting that by being super pumped to stick around MC in class, Tamarack seems like an otherwise "rolling stone", so "neighbors" might of had her less ecstatic?; I didn't play around with the "neighbors" setting (I'm assuming is the default "disinterested/dislike" relationship), but if this is what's being explained, I don't see how the version we have can be any different than the public demo?

I'm curious, is there new content we don't have in this thread? :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Tunak23

Blue~

Sep 1, 2018
Yeah, and from what I can tell, Qiu and Tamarack continued to develop the same disposition for me, regardless of my option choice, so I don't think this site's beta reflect any of those decision?
I had two different playthroughs, one more like me which is the shy nervous wreck, and another which was more upbeat and confident. For the first run I had it on unassuming/teamworking/accepting and the other teasing and doting. Both are set to crushes tho. probably do a third run where we're all just neighbors.

I didn't really get any changes in dialogue until the walk from school, on the shy playthrough partway through the walk Qiu stopped us and asked if I was doing alright. In this run I chose most of the options where I'm nervous or quiet not crybaby cove levels but I wasn't excited about it and they noticed. I never got this on my 2nd playthrough since I wasn't worried so we just went to school.

The other change was when Qiu dropped his paper in class in front of tama and me and we can pick our reaction. 1st playthrough didn't have anything that stuck out as trait specific but 2nd playthrough had "Isn't he adorable?" something like that to which Tama said "Nope!"

I think there's definitely more to developing their dynamic besides choosing the parameters in the beginning, the games taking note of our choices and adapting to it.

But besides the hair update we should actually have more content then the public version.

Blue~

Sep 1, 2018
So for the sake of science from my previous reply I decided to do a run where I'm just a straight up dick to Tama and Qiu and had them set to neighbors. As shitty as I felt I there were two noticeable changes, I had the chance of changing my relationship with Qiu from neighbors>friends was really cute how could anyone hate them. I'm pretty sure the game is taking note of my choices since I had several pop up that were just me being angry or upset at whatever they were doing.

Second change was the walk where before Qiu would ask if I'm doing alright if I played nervous or nothing would happen if i played confident. This time Tama just straight up asked me if I was sad, not sure what determines who asks but yeah.

Other changes were I noticed Qiu didn't say "it might be a good year" or something like that and when he brought up I was schooly he said that wasn't bad since those people end up successful. instead of saying "I like those kinds of kids, there's one I like right here." if he's set to crush. So while I took it to the extreme there's definitely differences.

Senjue

Feb 21, 2022

I don't vary my choices, much, but I have swapped between "blunt" character and "teasing" character (teasing everyone in my first playthrough), and when it came to picking my disposition towards them, I did flop between Teamwork/Contesting, Praising/Unassuming, and Doting/Idolizing before the last update, yet I'm still getting the same reactions from both LIs, regardless; the custom dynamic still feels static to me, and the choices I pick for my character seems to be the only variable option.

I'm not sure what "seeing the impacts of those decisions" entails, but I assume maybe you'd get different social dynamics, from Tamarack's default "Contesting/Praising/Accepting" and Qiu's default "Teamwork/Teasing/Doting"; is this the same for everyone, still? Because this seem to be the only option that would reflect their reactions to our choices, other than "Crush/Friends/Neighbors".
In step 1, it will always be the same, regardless of the choices you make. Tamarack and Qiu don't know MC well enough yet, so they treat them the same way as everyone else. Screenshot_2022-06-19-20-48-47-22_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg Gallery_1655654106475.jpg

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes