5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Tamarack's Living Room Alt Version (Step 1) (Patreon)

The cul-de-sac kids are having a sleepover at Tam's place! Omi busted out the fold-away mattress for this occasion. Tamarack hadn't even known it could do that, haha.
I love their house so much already. I think cause it reminds me so much of the older houses I always lived and worked in.

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
Our Life: Now & Forever Beta Build 1.3.2 (PC, Mac, Android)

And here's the actual beta build! We're finally past the prologue and into Step 1 for real. Woo! This beta build shows off the Linked Moments feature by including the opening scenes shared between Walks and Wheels. It also has part one of Walks, but not the entire Moment. The first part (and the second part too) is ridiculously more complicated than the scenes in OL1, so it takes longer to implement them, aha.

For at least a few months it'll probably be half Moment updates per beta release until we've had time to get ahead with the script writing and have finished a lot of the other non-script programming elements that are being worked on.

And you'll see some of the non-script related updates in this beta. The system for choosing gendered terms has been nicely improved and a functional Moment selection screen with temporary assets has been put in place thanks to Shawna. The Moment screen is neat because you'll be able to arrange where the Moments are set! So, if you don't play in the default order you can actually drag and drop the buttons into whatever line up makes sense to you. We're also planning on including decorations to make it even more personalized.

Also, if you're at the highest tier,

And since we've had some problems in the past with so many people downloading beta builds that they get locked out by Google Drive, I've uploaded mirror builds! If the first ones listed don't work, you can try these.

Or you can bypass the quota by logging in to a Google Drive account, then on the file's download page, click "Add shortcut to Drive" in the upper right corner. Save it to your Drive, then create a new folder, put it inside, and download the folder!

Save files from the prior beta should work in this beta!

New Content:
  • 15,500 words of new scenes: the linked opening for Walks & Wheels and the first half of Walks
  • The Moment Screen with temporary assets
  • And updated system for choosing what gendered terms are used
  • Small fixes to typos/errors from the prior build
Thank you so much for waiting for more OL: N&F content! There's tons of alterations possible within the Moments. We've really pushed the concept of getting to do what you want in this quaint world of Golden Grove, haha. I hope you'll enjoy the story we're putting together

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Why does Qiu react when I tell him my pronouns? I'm playing a biological male and have all the pronouns set to masculine, is this a bug?
Yeah I was getting the same being trans but not mentioning it either.
I did mess with the custom/multi pronouns when making my character but only used he/him so I thought it was that messing up, but seeing yours means just a straight up bug issue.

gamwezs

Jul 12, 2018
Yeah I was getting the same being trans but not mentioning it either.
I did mess with the custom/multi pronouns when making my character but only used he/him so I thought it was that messing up, but seeing yours means just a straight up bug issue.
Weird that other builds didn't have that issue.

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Weird that other builds didn't have that issue.
I mean...

• And updated system for choosing what gendered terms are used

They probably just messed up some coding when doing this. I expect a patch in the next few days.

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes