5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Brainfurt

Apr 2, 2023
There's no poly route in OL1. OL2's is still not developed enough to determine whether a poly route between Qiu & Tamarack is possible, but GB patch lady did talk about their openness to polyamory in the most recent Patreon Q&A (May 2023):

View attachment 2715436

& here's another from Feb 2023 Patreon Q&A:

View attachment 2715442

Hope that helps!
It does help, thanks a lot.
Is it what they consider polyamory though? If so, it alleviates most of my worries; dating one another does not mean being in a relationship with one another, at least in my book (though imo dating multiple people at once still feels wrong).

Reactions: periwinkle22

ggezwux

Jul 30, 2021
It does help, thanks a lot.
Is it what they consider polyamory though? If so, it alleviates most of my worries; dating one another does not mean being in a relationship with one another, at least in my book (though imo dating multiple people at once still feels wrong).
it can range depending on the couple in question. it's very important to note that polyam and open relationships are very different but i'll assume you know that already! polyam relationships can either be a mutual dating with everyone involved or a polyam relationship can be what qiu and tamarack would do which is liking the same person but not finding eachother romantically/sexually attractive so they would just wanna stay friends while dating the same person. (but remember this is a relationship agreement between the LIs and MC, its not an open relationship where MC could just go ahead and be with people other than the two of them if that makes sense?) if the poly system ever gets released, you're not gonna be forced to be in one so it shouldn't be a worry anyway :) (i do get what you're saying tho, personally i wouldnt be able to be in polyam unless its mutual all around lmao-)

Brainfurt

Apr 2, 2023
it can range depending on the couple in question. it's very important to note that polyam and open relationships are very different but i'll assume you know that already! polyam relationships can either be a mutual dating with everyone involved or a polyam relationship can be what qiu and tamarack would do which is liking the same person but not finding eachother romantically/sexually attractive so they would just wanna stay friends while dating the same person. (but remember this is a relationship agreement between the LIs and MC, its not an open relationship where MC could just go ahead and be with people other than the two of them if that makes sense?) if the poly system ever gets released, you're not gonna be forced to be in one so it shouldn't be a worry anyway :) (i do get what you're saying tho, personally i wouldnt be able to be in polyam unless its mutual all around lmao-)
Yup I know the difference, and of course I appreciate your comment though I knew all that already :p

Again, to me the term "dating" becomes inadequate once you enter a relationship, and that's what my comment was all about: there is no polyamory (or monogamy) when in the dating stages really as you're not committed to any relationship yet, so my worries (mostly about Tamarack ending up being polyamorous; not a single time I feared the devs would force us into one) are pretty much gone now, because when asked about polyamory GB Patch only talked about dating not, you know, once married, etc.

(Me? 100% monogamous.)

• Angry
Reactions: Tunak23

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
Our Life 2: MC Living Room Concept Art Sketches (Patreon)

When the MC's living room was first conceptualized, it got two potential versions. The one in the game is "B"! "A" was very cool too, but it won't be turned into a background in the actual game. I'm just sharing this as a deeper look into the overall development OL2 has gone through.

Savaralyn

Apr 30, 2023
Our Life 2: MC Living Room Concept Art Sketches (Patreon)

When the MC's living room was first conceptualized, it got two potential versions. The one in the game is "B"! "A" was very cool too, but it won't be turned into a background in the actual game. I'm just sharing this as a deeper look into the overall development OL2 has gone through.
Ahh, looks so comfy. I hope we get a nice night-time version with the fireplace burning too.

Panon_B

Apr 28, 2023
I truly, truly! hope not, at least not for Tamarack because that would ruin her character, in my opinion. I'm all for inclusivity (within reason) except when it comes to that sort of stuff. Ugh.

Is there a poly route in OL1?
No. But it's considered as it was very highly requested in OL1. Why would it ruin anything? You can just... Not play the route? Lmao.

Savaralyn

Apr 30, 2023
Our Life: Now & Forever Feature - Linked Moments (Patreon)

Hey everyone!

Today I'm making a post to share information on a neat new element of Our Life 2. It's always been the case where the game remembers the scenes you've already done and those experiences can impact the Moments you do next. However, in Our Life: Now & Forever there will be a small bunch of Moments that are more directly connected. I'm calling them "Linked Moments"!

Linked Moments will share scenes between each other and which one is done first and which comes second will be a part of the whole premise of the Moments.

I can use the Linked Moments in Step 1 as an example, Walks and Wheels. You'll get a particular opening regardless of which you clicked first. In that scene, it's the weekend and Qiu, his club, and Tamarack are gonna be going on an afternoon adventure. But there's two good ideas and both can't be done in one day! So, you'll decide what will happen right then and what you'll promise to do together on another Saturday.

So, switching up the order you do Walks/Wheels will give you a different experience because it'll either be the first full group outing you've ever had, or it'll be the second time you've all hung out.

I think it'll add even more fun to replays, plus will give me the space to have stories that have a bit more going on than something confided to a single Moment that can happen at any point in the Step.

Right now, there should be one pair of linked Moments in every Step. Maybe there will end up being more in Step 2 and/or Step 3, we'll see how it goes further into development.

[And yes, you can do one linked Moment and then have the Step end so you never do the other half of the set. Pulling that stunt will disappoint the babies during the end of Step scenes, though .]
So its basically two moments in one? It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.
Do we know if the amount of moments will be the same as in OL1? Just cause these linked moments make me think there may be less overall (not that that's a huge problem in context anyways)

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
So its basically two moments in one? It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.
Do we know if the amount of moments will be the same as in OL1? Just cause these linked moments make me think there may be less overall (not that that's a huge problem in context anyways)
Found this in the comments of the Linked Moments post:

Patron: Also a little fun to headcanon other moments that happen in between those two moments! Maybe they can have the same sticker on them to indicate they’re connected, like on a little cork board or calendar!

gbpatch: I'm afraid they won't have the same icon! Thank you, though.

Patron: what do you mean at the end there

gbpatch: I mean even though the Moments are linked, you're not forced to play both. You can still choose to skip a Moment if you want to.

- - -

From this it seems like the Linked Moments would be two separate moments. In OL1 the most we got were references or mentions of the events/our choices in other moments. I'm looking forward to see how different it could be in OL2.

In terms of how many moments there'll be in OL2, for now there are plans of releasing Step 1-3 DLCs. Which means extra moments, but I can't say if it will be as many as OL1, sorry!

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Anyone got the Our Life 2: Special Place Perspective 2 BG?

Also came across this on Patreon and just thought some people should know.

Vacation Time! (June 29th-July 14th)
Hey everyone,
Today is the day I leave on my two week vacation ✨. Things are going up early since I'm leaving later in the afternoon and I wanted today's posts to be live before I'm gone. I've scheduled more posts to go up here on the Patreon while I'm away, so that'll continue as normal.
But I won't be able to answer messages in a timely manner and little to no game development will be happening during my trip. This is the first time I've planned to be away to this degree for this long since I began making VNs as a career. I like being around as much possible. Though, you can't work all the time. I appreciate the support and understanding for me taking this break. It's been very sweet of you ️.
I'm looking forward to taking it easy for a while, and I'm also looking forward to being back and being able to share more of OL2 and the Cove Bonus Moment.
Take care, and I'll talk to you again soon!

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
Our Life 2: Qiu's Backyard Concept Art Sketches (Patreon)

These were the different options the background artist conceptualized for Qiu's yard. They're all super similar since it's always a fort and forest, but it's still neat to see.

The version that was used in the game is A. B and C are just unused sketch concepts that won't ever become finished BGs.

Savaralyn

Apr 30, 2023
Our Life 2: Qiu's Backyard Concept Art Sketches (Patreon)

These were the different options the background artist conceptualized for Qiu's yard. They're all super similar since it's always a fort and forest, but it's still neat to see.

The version that was used in the game is A. B and C are just unused sketch concepts that won't ever become finished BGs.
Seeing this makes me hope that the MC will get to have something in their own yard, even if its empty now.

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes