5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Ramen-

Aug 28, 2018
Does someone know if there is a "bald" option? I feel like there should be one because the "back hair" option shows a bald head but I seem to not be able to unequip the front hair.

Jul 2, 2022
Our Life 2: Term Selection Screen Update (Patreon)

As development goes on, our programmer Shawna has continued to expand the MC's identity customization. The most recent addition in the works is allowing people to directly select the terms they're comfortable with and enter in their own ✨.

You'll be still be able to use the faster method of accepting or rejecting masculine, feminine, and/or gender neutral terms in general, though.

And a lot of this is in the current beta build, but there's already been fixes/improvements since version 1.3.2 was made. Those updates will be in the OL2 1.3.3 build next month!

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Our Life 2: Term Selection Screen Update (Patreon)

As development goes on, our programmer Shawna has continued to expand the MC's identity customization. The most recent addition in the works is allowing people to directly select the terms they're comfortable with and enter in their own ✨.

You'll be still be able to use the faster method of accepting or rejecting masculine, feminine, and/or gender neutral terms in general, though.

And a lot of this is in the current beta build, but there's already been fixes/improvements since version 1.3.2 was made. Those updates will be in the OL2 1.3.3 build next month!
Oh well now I see where that pronoun bug came from.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I actually ran into a scene that made no sense for once, when Qiu introduces himself as "Mr. Qiu Lin" and my character introduced herself as "Ms. NAME" (same with Miss) he reacted confused, as if there was anything noteworthy about a female looking girl introducing herself as a girl. I could believe it was intentional if he didn't use any pronouns for himself, but since he does there is absolutely no reason why he should be baffled by someone else doing the exact same thing (using the pronouns that correspond with their appearance)

I feel like others already ran into that before this patch, so it strikes me as odd that this wasn't addressed by the new update.

Reactions: Mrs.Hat&Clogs

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
I actually ran into a scene that made no sense for once, when Qiu introduces himself as "Mr. Qiu Lin" and my character introduced herself as "Ms. NAME" (same with Miss) he reacted confused, as if there was anything noteworthy about a female looking girl introducing herself as a girl. I could believe it was intentional if he didn't use any pronouns for himself, but since he does there is absolutely no reason why he should be baffled by someone else doing the exact same thing (using the pronouns that correspond with their appearance)

I feel like others already ran into that before this patch, so it strikes me as odd that this wasn't addressed by the new update.
See previous page where me and someone else pointed out this bug.
Seeing just how they are doing the pronoun and term options in some recent screenshots, I can see where the bug came from.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
See previous page where me and someone else pointed out this bug.
Seeing just how they are doing the pronoun and term options in some recent screenshots, I can see where the bug came from.
Thank you, I should probably have checked back again to see if it was indeed the exact same oddity. Seems logical that an overhaul of the pronoun selection lead to this, I just hope it's not intentional, because while not being a big deal it does come across really unnatural, so it's a bit anti-immersive.

Reactions: Mrs.Hat&Clogs

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Thank you, I should probably have checked back again to see if it was indeed the exact same oddity. Seems logical that an overhaul of the pronoun selection lead to this, I just hope it's not intentional, because while not being a big deal it does come across really unnatural, so it's a bit anti-immersive.
For sure it's not. I tested it several times trying different combos and kept getting it so def a bug made from doing some tweaking.

Mrs.Hat&Clogs

Jul 1, 2023
Omg, thanks for confirming it wasn't just me seeing that bug. Completly took me off guard and I just selected the option to not say anything. Hopefully, they'll patch it out on the next update.

Reactions: Orphanus

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
Our Life 2: Main Street BG Close (Sketch)

If you recall, there's a finished background that shows main street from down the middle. Prior games of ours would've had to use that background for every scene set on main street, since one place got one backdrop. That was the most that could be done. But in Our Life: Now & Forever we can continue the trend of having more than one perspective of a single area! So, here's main street going doing one of the sidewalks.

It's honestly been great getting to have a world that can feel like you're actually going through it rather than just more generally giving an idea of the situation. I appreciate all of the support we've gotten that's let us do this

Luunar

Jul 12, 2022

Hi!
We've put together this month's beta build for OL2. It picks up where the prior beta left off and finishes the Moment "Walks". As a reminder, Walks is a but so far the other part of the link, Wheels, doesn't exist. Hopefully I can start writing that event relatively soon, haha. For now, Walks can be enjoyed purely as a stand-alone experience!

Download Links:

And since we've had some problems in the past with so many people downloading beta builds that they get locked out by Google Drive, I've uploaded mirror builds! If the first ones listed don't work, you can try these.

Or you can bypass the quota by logging in to a Google Drive account, then on the file's download page, click "Add shortcut to Drive" in the upper right corner. Save it to your Drive, then create a new folder, put it inside, and download the folder!
Save files from the prior beta should work in this beta!
New Content:
  • 12,000 words of new scenes: the second part of Walks Moment
  • Small fixes to typos/errors from the prior build
Man, it's so exciting to have an entire Moment complete! The game is really starting to take shape and things are just gonna keep building. Thank you for taking the time to check out what we're working on

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes