5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Luunar

Jul 12, 2022

Our Life: Now & Forever Beta Build 1.3.8 (PC, Mac, Android)

It's here! The final beta build for 2023. And this is an interesting one. For quite a while we knew pretty much what to expect because multiple betas were for the linked Moments Walks and Wheels, which revealed the whole premise for both stories right away. Now we're getting into more unknown territory. This build has added Part 1 of the Moment "Fancy Fun". So, at least we know it'll be a good time, haha.

I haven't added suggestion from last month's beta yet! The build is releasing sooner than usual this month, so there wasn't as much time to do them.
Download Links:
Windows/Linux Download
Mac Download
Android Download
And since we've had some problems in the past with so many people downloading beta builds that they get locked out by Google Drive, I've uploaded mirror builds! If the first ones listed don't work, you can try these.
Windows/Linux Download Mirror
Mac Download Mirror
Android Download Mirror
Or you can bypass the quota by logging in to a Google Drive account, then on the file's download page, click "Add shortcut to Drive" in the upper right corner. Save it to your Drive, then create a new folder, put it inside, and download the folder!
Save files from the prior beta should work in this beta!
New Content:
  • Fancy Fun Part 1
  • Small fixes to typos/errors from the prior build
  • Additional BG locations and alterations
  • Additional outfit for Qiu
  • Added chapter cards
Well, I hope you have a good time at the dance hall. It's always exciting to introduce a brand new Moment. Feel free to let me know if you run into any issues!
You're a sweetheart thank you for uploading! And Merry Christmas!

???????????

Jun 12, 2018
Oh that was a nice moment with qiu and my person trying ballet. While my person won't do more ballet hopefully you will be able to watch qiu do some ballet performance in the future.

Reactions: Savaralyn

randomname2243

Oct 26, 2017
How come in step 2, both Qiu and Tammy are cold to each other? Because of "jealous over"? Or something that l have missed?

randomname2243

Oct 26, 2017
nah, its just unavoidable, they grow apart in step 2 though having jealous over does make things even more tense
How come they grow apart but still remain close friends with the player? Of course, it is a choice by the player to stay friends or just neighbours.Felt for me too fast after playing the parts where they had most fun in act 1.

Grizloy

May 3, 2019
Felt for me too fast after playing the parts where they had most fun in act 1.
There's a 4 year gap between Step 1 and Step 2 (without mentioning the fact that in Step 1 they are portrayed as total opposites to each other). Plus, it's not that unusual for people who were friends as a kids to grow apart as they get older - happens in the real life too, you know.

Savaralyn

Apr 30, 2023
How come they grow apart but still remain close friends with the player? Of course, it is a choice by the player to stay friends or just neighbours.Felt for me too fast after playing the parts where they had most fun in act 1.
There's a sizeable gap in time that we can't really account for, which makes their distance more excusable as a 'they just grew apart over time' thing.

Also, even in the step 1 moments, you can see as it is that Qiu and Tamarack are very often at odds with each other in terms of what they value and how they want to go about interacting with others/enjoying their leisure time.
It's seemingly mainly just because of the fact that A) they're very young and less set in their ways yet, and B) the main character is there to be the 'middleman' that they (usually) both like being around, that they still hang out as much as they do as children. By the time step 2 rolls around, these conflicting viewpoints + the bigger individual issues that both characters are going through in this step, are making it so that the inherent distance in their relationship has gotten worse.

randomname2243

Oct 26, 2017
By taking a slower approach, l have noticed it just now, especially in Step 2 where the narration indirectly (or explicitly) states their relationship to both. Something has changed but only they know without saying anything or anyone mentioning at all.
Thanks for the info above, would be hilarious and interesting to see when they get jealous over you.
Will be surely a choice to make them friends again when they grow up to understand since you're the middleman. You connect them from the start, you connect them in the end, textbook Bookends trope. Happy to see it.

Reactions: Esterwink

Ramen-

Aug 28, 2018
OL2: Fancy Fun Screenshot (Step 1)
This playdate Tamarack's hosting is something extra special. Of course she's gotta be dressed for the occasion .

Our Life: Fancy Fun Screenshots (Step 1)
The sass
As usual, this isn't every MC. Just certain kinds, haha.

TheLoneDalish

Nov 12, 2018
How come in step 2, both Qiu and Tammy are cold to each other? Because of "jealous over"? Or something that l have missed?
Pretty sure it's said on the Step 2 tidbit that they just became two very different people. So that makes sense, I have friends from High School I wouldn't even know how to approach a conversation with them today as adults.

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
That and we are missing quite a bit of context here. The step 2 is a preview of part of step 2 in whole. It's not actually the starting bit of step 2.
Especially with now much Autumn has pulled into themselves in step 2. Just even playing the preview with different options shows the range. My favorite being with Qiu and MC crushing on each other, Tamma gets up the courage to be sassy to him knowing that her best friend MC will be good incentive for them to go along with it. (I know you can get that with a few combos but I always got Tamma sass with that one.)

Reactions: Esterwink

Savaralyn

Apr 30, 2023
OL2: Fancy Fun Screenshot (Step 1)
This playdate Tamarack's hosting is something extra special. Of course she's gotta be dressed for the occasion .

Our Life: Fancy Fun Screenshots (Step 1)
The sass
As usual, this isn't every MC. Just certain kinds, haha.
Ahh, I see. I was thinking the segment of 'fancy fun' that we got seemed like it was leading to an end a bit too quickly (since even just in that bit, you just hang out with Qiu a little bit in the ballet room before going home), but it makes a bit more sense if they're gonna have you go around to Tamaracks sometime after and playing with her too

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes