5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

verlyone

Mar 12, 2018
Qiu is not a male love interest. In fact, there are not going to be any male love interests in this game. as the main dev as pointed out quite a few times, that was what Beginnings and Always was for.

from the main dev taken from a few Q&A's from their Tumblr

excluding Step 1 where they don't understand much about gender identity, they consider themselves to be completely out of the male-female dichotomy. They're not partially male/female or sometimes male/female, they're just non-binary. Qiu does use gender neutral titles and doesn't go by male ones even when using he/him pronouns. You'd never call Qiu your "boyfriend", for example. Though, "partner" in particular is one term they don't go by out of personal preference, haha. It sounds too business-like. They prefer "S/O".
and this one

"One of my MC’s for OL two identifies as straight but falls in love with Qiu when the time comes. So I was wondering, would Qiu be comfortable with their partner identifying as straight when dating them? I know it varies from person to person."

"I’m assuming you mean straight in that they’re a woman who likes men but then falls for Qiu? If so, I really don’t want to make you feel bad for asking because it is different for everyone who uses multiple pronouns and there’s not much info out on Qiu’s story, but the answer is no. Qiu wouldn’t be comfortable. That kind of situation isn’t an option in the game ^^;. If you pursue Qiu the most you can say is that you’re generally attracted to males but have made a special exception for them. You can’t be a woman who exclusively calls herself straight unless you never romantically pursue Tamarack or Qiu.
Qiu uses “he/him” pronouns because they’re gender fluid and need multiple pronouns and there’s a very limited selection of widely known/accepted pronouns to choose from. Qiu personally doesn’t have a neopronoun that speaks to their heart, they’re not that attached to specific pronouns at all and just prefers the convenience of something everyone knows how to use. They’ve got they/them already and so all that’s left is she/her or he/him. Qiu goes for he/him since they’re used to being called it from childhood. However, Qiu isn’t partially male or sometimes identifying as male. They’re always a gender fluid person.
If their S/O asked if it was cool to tacitly imply Qiu was a male by saying she was a straight girl while dating them, she would be dumped on the spot, I’m afraid. That’s why it’s not an option, aha."

Miukinnie02

Jul 26, 2021
Damn more's the pity Vianca's design looks very cool(I wonder if she is a black lass?) and her story is potentially interesting but guess if she is that extreme towards male characters guess my lad will have tough luck approaching her on step 1 much more trying to get hot and bothered with her on later developments.

But seriously I find it fascinating how she apparently goes from a "I only relate to women" phase to being attracted solely to women when se is older,it is a curious reflection about how her romantic tastes were being formed when she was a little girl,if only she ended up as bisexual then I would strive further to unravel that mysterious mess she seems to be,bully esque characters that end up learning from their actions are always fun to read about.

Another female character that stays female during the whole plot could be among the children's friends so I am holding my breath and crossing fingers here cause a second lass as a love interest would be a great gift to compliment Tamarack's route.
Omg you sound like one of those nice guys who tell lesbians "i can make you straight" she didn't grow up and developed info being lesbian, she already was lesbian and confused those feelings with just relating to girls ALOT.

Jul 30, 2018
So Tamarack and Qiu is going to have their own friend circle, does the MC get a friend circle too? :oops:
I mean by nature of the game it would be Tamarack and Qiu and their friends since I don't really see why their would be a distinction between your friend circle and your love interest/best friends friend circle it also makes sense since they have already given us 4 fleshed out NPCs besides Qiu and Tamarack that are around our age and giving us another 2 on top of that completely removed from Qiu or Tamarack would take away too much attention from them.

boylevie

Jun 7, 2021
I mean by nature of the game it would be Tamarack and Qiu and their friends since I don't really see why their would be a distinction between your friend circle and your love interest/best friends friend circle it also makes sense since they have already given us 4 fleshed out NPCs besides Qiu and Tamarack that are around our age and giving us another 2 on top of that completely removed from Qiu or Tamarack would take away too much attention from them.
oh yeah i didn't think of that, thanks for the explanation!!

kiciyo

Oct 13, 2021
Dunno, it wasn't me who created the thread. The creator must've forgotten or smth ¯\_(ヅ)_/¯
Take the tags with a grain of salt, the creator might fix it at some point, maybe, possibly
I hope so cuz people often decide through tags whether they want to play or not. It would be a pity if someone won't play it cuz of that.

Reactions: Tunak23
5.00 star(s) 11 Votes