5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Tunak23

Aug 16, 2018
Omg you sound like one of those nice guys who tell lesbians "i can make you straight" she didn't grow up and developed info being lesbian, she already was lesbian and confused those feelings with just relating to girls ALOT.
Eh not really I am quite astounded that expressing my first thoughts about the character gets me rebuffed on such manner...do not care much but come on if the character was bisexual her plot would be slightly more accesible for some nothing game changing but still,only wanted to say that the character's sexuality being determined on that step and locked in for the rest of the story has its own merits establishing basically the base of what the character is after all we are speaking about the origins,growth and development of a character and that's what all players want at the end of the day.

So Tamarack and Qiu is going to have their own friend circle, does the MC get a friend circle too? :oops:
I am for all that makes the school arc on the game the most realistic as possible,remembering those school years for better or for worse is something priceless so it would be amazing to get our own group of friends and handpick towards the future the ones that we want to keep by ourselves,playground politics so to speak ;).

verlyone

Mar 12, 2018
Vianca is not going to be accessible at all except as friends, that's already been stated by the devs, that includes lesbian players. I've been following gbpatch since before the Our life games were a thing and they've always made full complete characters. Vianca won't be a lesbian just because, there will be a reason for it. it''ll be part of her character.

I remember back in the xoxo droplet days when some (i'm supposing straight girls) where upset because two of the datable guys in the game tell the mc that they are part of the lgbt+ community. the devs even expanded on tumblr that another one of the "jerks" when he gets older realizes he also is part of the community.
they couldn't understand why an "otome" would include guys that were not all just straight dudes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

and even then gbpatch just honestly explained that people in the community exist and just because the guys are all interested in the MC doesn't automatically mean the can't be attracted to or interested in anyone else.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

the guys, obviously, have their own personalities. if you've played the first our life game you've met Shiloh and Jeremy. their personalizes as teens in step 3 are consistent with xoxo droplets.
well, gbpatch games made a funny side game called blood dropets which took these jerks basic personalies and quirks and revved them up to 11.

Shiloh is no longer just a kid that attaches themselves to the big gal on campus. nope he's yandere. and Jeremy is no longer someone that thinks life is misery and a germaphobe(oh yeah, spilling your drink on young jeremy was there for a reason ;P) he's neihlistic and now wants to purify the mc so she's "safe" from everyone else.

and for extra fun poor over achiever Nate thinks that parent's that left him at the boarding school when he was in, like, 3rd grade and never call. actually talk to him in his head.

Jul 30, 2018
Based off what we got right now if I have to take a swing at things I'm gonna guess that Ren and Serenity are most likely going to end up being extra romances at some point since we have a hard not gonna happen on Vianca and Baxter. (Which makes sense since Baxter is a love interest of another game and several years older and Vianca is a Lesbian who most likely is just gonna get a girlfriend as the years go by)

1644522398771.png
1644522479673.png

Last edited:

CookyDough

Jul 3, 2021
Based off what we got right now if I have to take a swing at things I'm gonna guess that Ren and Serenity are most likely going to end up being extra romances at some point since we have a hard not gonna happen on Vianca and Baxter. (Which makes sense since Baxter is a love interest of another game and several years older and Vianca is a Lesbian who most likely is just gonna get a girlfriend as the years go by)

View attachment 1645909
View attachment 1645914
I love her hat that gives her kitty like ears, so cute!

kcj300

Jun 8, 2019
I think that Tamarack's design makes a good contrast to Qiu's slenderness in the same way Derek's size and energy and Baxter's flirting contrasted with Cove's personality.
And if you want to play as a guy with multiple non-fat female love interests there are tons of visual novels for you, either western or japanese. The appeal of this types of games is offering something different, like a non-binary love interest or a chubby girl.

verlyone

Mar 12, 2018
I want to apologize for losing my temper and going overboard with my opinion. I should not have done that, or personally attacked someone here. I'll try to do better.

I wanted to add back my comment on Ren's introduction on tumblr and twitter being well received and that even more people want her to be included as a love interest. I'm really hopeful that it happens.

when Ren was first introduced on patreon someone at the time made noise about the direction the game was going. that she didn't understand why the first game had guys and this one didn't and made some very uncomfortable statements. she received responses from several people. felt attacked for her opinion. gbpatch agreed with the response to the statement and then stated this game was not going to change the way it was going to be made and it was going to go even further in that direction and if she couldn't handle that she should cancel her membership.

I remember at the time I had posted then about what I knew about the original kickstarter and the fact that two of the stretch goals where about this game. one was about making Our Life into a series. with the second having two love interests. One female and one non-binary. I don't know how much of a concept our lovely dev had of Tama and Qiu back then. but I know she had Cove in her head for a very long time. so, it's possible she at least had an idea.

the second stretch goal for this game was to start production on it before the completion of Our Life: beginnings and always. as you all know that is what is in process right now. currently the active working project is to complete the extended demo for this game. I know at some point a kickstarter will be in the works because the only incoming money is from patreon. and not being a dev I have no clue how much is left from those two kickstarter fund goals. soon they'll need to start thinking about voice actor calls. they still need voices for Derek's family members as well. so, they may cast them at the same time.

I don't know if the kickstarter will be before or after they start working on derek's dlc or at the same time. although that seems like a lot of work. I just know that for Beginnings and Always that the kickstarter talk started developing once the full demo was finished.

verlyone

Mar 12, 2018
someone asked on Tumblr about any crowdfunding campaigns for Now and Forever and GBpatch said they might not be on Kickstarter . they are not sure where it will be this time. but regardless of that decision there will be some kind of crowdfunding campaign but it will not take place until after both the DLCs for Derek and Baxter have been completed for Beginning and Always.

The art for step 2 for both Qiu and Tamarack have been revealed to the public. Everyone seems positive. everything I've seen has been very well received both on twitter as well as tumblr. there's already been a lot of fan art being made as well.

so, as far as I know, all that's left is to reveal Vianca and Serenity as far as characters go.

verlyone

Mar 12, 2018
Would it be released step by step?
that's one of those questions they are not sure how to answer yet because it's too early in the development to give a definitive answer. they are not sure if they are going to have the game out after the first three steps are out. or if they are going to release it episodically since this one will be twice the work. once the crowdfunding is finished and this game is the major project they will have a better idea of how it will be released. :)

verlyone

Mar 12, 2018
isn't that such wonderful news?! I was also happy to hear about the sales of the wedding dlc. I'm so proud of gbpatch. :) I can't help it. I was there when B&A was just like this one is, with concept pictures.

At that time I joined patreon we were answering polls all the time to give them ideas to figure out what could or might be in the game. I mean, the reason Jeremy is the other xoxo cameo is because he won a poll. I voted for a tiny foul mouthed Everett. which I think would have been just *as* funny if you ask me. but fine everyone got their wish and we got the tiny chihuahua Jeremy

anyway, what I was trying to say. is that I'm very happy to see the game that I watched grow from a concept to an almost completed game once these two dlcs are done is so amazing. GBpatch has grown so much and so many more people know how awesome this dev is.

and now this second game is looking to be even more amazing and I can't wait to see how much more these guys can do. :)

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
Daaaayum, he sexy af! Without any coloring, I thought he was elderly and was Tamarack's grandpa, or something, at first glance, but I can see the youth under the beard; can't wait until the full color :love:.

I think we got a contender to challenge Mr. Holden Sr.! (Gosh, was it Cliff/Heath, I'm bad at names :LOL:).

More of this eye candy in game, please!:p

Reactions: Machine_Messiah
5.00 star(s) 11 Votes